PDA

View Full Version : Planning to buy this game.

Serapy
08-19-2007, 02:08 AM
But before buying it, I'm wondering, is it really worth it to buy and play the game? Is there anything in the game that could explain more information about the aspects of FF7? Like how stuff in the old days happened, where and why, etc.

Is the game really fun? Is this game more of a playable game with less talking, information and flashblacks, etc?

Oh and no spoilers please :p

Zechs
08-19-2007, 02:35 AM
The game isn't bad. It does have good cut scenes, and the in-game cuts are meh. The game play is basic, so don't expect anything really action terrific from a mostly RPG based developer. Plus with limited motion, melee is always a set combo, and 3 different types of gun play, it's not over the edge. It was an ok game. And there are a lot of movie parts. Flashbacks, current events, ect.

Serapy
08-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Thank you ^_^

Kenshin IV
10-08-2007, 06:08 AM
No. Treat the game as if it were a giant pile of burning hot coal, or Final Fantasy X-2, and keep your hands off it. If you're worried about missing out on story, it doesn't even really tie into any events in Seven to begin with. It centers on a totally original, and not all that interesting, story about Vincent. If anything it'll tie into a future installment of their milking compilation, along with Crisis Core.

It does have CG Irish Dancing girls during it's intro though, and that's about all I'll give the piece of turd credit for.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 11:32 AM
having finished the game i would say stay away if you like FF games but if your into Medal of honor n stuff like that play it.It doent really conect up to VII that much so if your after a follow up you wont get one.

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh fuck yeah buy the game! I would but I'm broke!

Mo-Nercy
11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
I bought it and I've finished it just the one time. I'd probably give it a 6.5 out of 10.

As the FFVII and AC sequel, it doesn't do very much to join the dots. It seems a lot more like a spin-off game than anything else with all the new locations and characters. It's a decent enough play, but don't expect any big FFVII story-revelations. Except for the pronunciation of "Lucrecia".

As a action-shooter, it's not very well designed either. 3 guns? Not very groundbreaking stuff. Compare it to Devil May Cry and the only thing you've got going for DoC is that it IS a lot easier. xD

Slothy
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
having finished the game i would say stay away if you like FF games but if your into Medal of honor n stuff like that play it.It doent really conect up to VII that much so if your after a follow up you wont get one.

Actually, if you're into any decently designed shooter/action game, you're more likely to hate this than like it. The gameplay is pathetic compared to a lot of what's out there in the genre.

Monol
11-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Prepare for dissapointment in a good way...dont know what i mean? Well buy the game and found out :p

Levian
11-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I bought the game and I've only played it once for an hour or so. :D It wasn't my cup of tea, but it might be yours. I don't know. If you like games like Devil May Cry and God of War you might like this one, but otherwise I suggest you rent it first.

Big D
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
It's a decent game, but lacking in gameplay quality. Good replay value, thanks to the Extra Hard difficulty which lets you keep your equipment when starting a new file.

The game reveals one hell of a lot about Vincent's past, and adds a lot of detail about the nature and extent of Shinra's human experiments. Remember that deformed human in the pod inside the Nibelheim Reactor? You'll find out just how deep that kind of experiment went.

Dirge of Cerberus could, and should, have been a whole lot better than it was. However, it'd be worth picking up if you can find an ex-rental or second-hand copy at a very low price. Renting mightn't be the best idea, since a lot of the game's secrets are only revealed on subsequent play-throughs.

demondude
11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
No. Treat the game as if it were a giant pile of burning hot coal, or Final Fantasy X-2, and keep your hands off it. If you're worried about missing out on story, it doesn't even really tie into any events in Seven to begin with. It centers on a totally original, and not all that interesting, story about Vincent. If anything it'll tie into a future installment of their milking compilation, along with Crisis Core.

It does have CG Irish Dancing girls during it's intro though, and that's about all I'll give the piece of turd credit for.

I think I love you.

Ciretho
11-22-2007, 03:22 AM
If you're a fan of Vincent, buy it. It gives the fans plenty of tasty Valentine action, but essentially thats all. i'm personally a HUGE Vincent fan so i loved this. It was great to discover more about his background and stuff.

Rostum
12-24-2007, 11:32 AM
As a fan of Vincent, I was utterly disappointed with this game. I am so glad I decided to just download it instead of buying it, it would have been such a waste of money.

For one, it adds a pointless story to the compilation of FF7. Well, it had some promising aspects that they could have tied very well into the main theme of the FF7 compilation, but it falls short... VERY short. Though, I absolutely loved the pre-rendered cut-scenes except for the really cheesy one towards the end where they yell out Vincent's name. -_-;

The battle system is complete crap. It is just so bad, an far too easy (I even had it set to Hard). All I did each boss fight, was run around in circles jumping and spamming R1 (shoot) and had no damage taken and the only type of gun I had to use was Cerberus III with Long Shot III and some accuracy items. There was no variation in the style of game play and the camera movement is just so bad.

Overall, I'd give this game a 5/10. I mean, it'd be worth playing through at least once if you are a big fan of FF7. That's the reason I played all the way through. But don't buy it; rent it or download it, because you will be only spending around 9 hours tops to beat this game. They had so much potential with the idea of the story line and characters, but it just felt like they slapped the game together quickly just to make a few bucks (the level design looks and feels far too incomplete, but character models and textures look nice).

ff is da best
12-30-2007, 06:37 AM
i bought this game when it was realeased and now i know i made a big mistake this isnt all that good. finished it once cant be bothered to try ex hard mode or ever play it again.

Setzer Gabianni
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Pros -
1. If you like terribly depressing settings, then this is the game for you!
2. Voice acting is alright I guess.
3. The whole Vincent, Lucretia and Hojo cutscenes I think are vital to the history of the trio.

Cons -
1. Gameplay isn't fun - there's no incentive to use Materia, and you can win boss battles with just a Limit Break.
2. Rest of the story - seems tacky, cheesy, and some of the villains are like WTF - whose arse did you come out of?
3. It's depressing. Way more depressing then FFVII and AC. If you hate depressing stuff 24/7, then you won't like this games setting.
4. Think thats it :/

Big D
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
i bought this game when it was realeased and now i know i made a big mistake this isnt all that good. finished it once cant be bothered to try ex hard mode or ever play it again.'Ex Hard' actually makes the game a lot better, I'd wholly recommend it. Especially if you didn't like the game that much originally.Cons -

3. It's depressing. Way more depressing then FFVII and AC. If you hate depressing stuff 24/7, then you won't like this games setting.

I felt that too. It's an extremely grim story, full of senseless slaughter and almost devoid of hope. I'd have preferred it much more if Deepground was a small band of Shinra escapees trying to cause trouble, rather than a vast army butchering innocents across the world. That way Vincent's fight could've been much more personal, bringing him into direct confrontation with his past rather than just getting him caught up incidentally in a worldwide fight.

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2008, 09:36 PM
If you can get it cheap, buy it. I though it was a pretty good game. It's got a cool little story to it, and like thingy-up-there said, it's good if you wanna find out more about the Shinra naughties.

MistaCloudStrife
01-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Yes, it is worth the 20$ new price and even less used price.

The game is complete fail when you compare it to any regular Final Fantasy game, but as a stand alone, it's worth 20usd in my eyes. As for information on anything related to FFVII... probably a good story if you're into Vincent or wonder about anything involving Genesis after you play Crisis Core,(When/If you play CC) but that's about it.

Kanshisha
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I missed out the chance of buying the game.. found it for 10 bucks, but had no money on me...

It sucked ass

Comet
01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
BEST GAME EVAR BUY BUY BUY