PDA

View Full Version : Locke - The true ladies' man??

*~Dominique~*
08-19-2007, 05:24 AM
This can't be a completely new topic of discussion because I don't believe everyone could have missed seeing this before, but isn't Locke much more of a ladies man than Edgar is?

I know Edgar flirted with anything in a skirt on the initial meeting but afterwards it was mostly all just business and machinery and fooling the empire.

Locke, on the other hand, was always rescuing any damsel in any sort of distress and half the girls in FFVI seemed to have feelings for him to some extent. :sweatdrop

It's been a long while since I played this game last, so maybe my memory isn't perfect. I do know that's the impression I had though.

bipper
08-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Well, Locke is more discrete in his attempts. He is like a closet fapping pervert. Edgar was the horny jock kind that had the build of the top pyramid cheerleader (not the thick boned base of the pyramid cheerleaders ). Anyways, he is just the one that thinks he can have any chick, and prolly ends up going after that thirteen year old that thinks they are engaged.

Locke is, however, the true ladies man. He is the type that would slap on a record and pop off some cheap whine and speak Jidorean for you. He would work eight jobs just so he would be able to put food on the table. He is just an honorable, honest, hardworking dude. Chicks dig that. It means they can get more alimony later. :choc2:

*~Dominique~*
08-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Well.... :eyebrow:

I hadn't quite... thought of it... in that way...

They are both the same in different ways, with Locke being the one with the smarter technique?

I'm with Terra then, just not so sure about adopting the pack of anklebiters.

scrumpleberry
08-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, Terra did a good thing.

I think Locke doesn't really think about it but he exudes chivalry, whilst Edgar exudes Playboyishness.

Or something.

Firo Volondé
08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Are you forgetting Edgar's line in WoR if you talk to him on the airship if he's not in your party? "If something was to happen to me, all the world's women would mourn" :cool:

Locke only makes those promises to Terra and Celes because he made a similar promise to Rachel, which he failed to keep. He's trying to make up for that failure by protecting Terra and Celes. So, to answer the question, Locke isn't a ladies' man, because there's only one woman for him. :)

Dahveed
08-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree that Locke is chivalrous. He may not really be a ladies man per se, but I think Terra and Celes appreciate how he is always there for them.

I think some women, both in real life and in the FF6 world, would be turned off to the more forward and daring approach of Edgar's. Since Locke doesn't force himself down their throats, some women like that.

Peter_20
08-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I always thought Edgar came off as rather desperate, while Locke was more of a guy that was looking for "the right one".
Here's a description of the characters in question:

LOCKE:
"That girl is hot - hm - let's help her, but I'll consider whether or not I'm interested in her.
For now, I just want to make sure she's alright."

EDGAR:
"She's a girl! Time to flirt with her!"

blackmage_nuke
08-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Edgar's technique was probably alot more effective in the begining but when word got around of his shenanigans women became more cautious.

Locke is really just normal

Now Mog on the other hand has got it all

*~Dominique~*
08-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Ok, it must just be me then. I'd get mad at needing rescuing all the time, or someone trying to rescue me.

Bolivar
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
On my last playthrough I really think that Locke and Edgar have an ongoing bet to see who can get with the most chicks. they're both going after and trying to get the other out of the way of Terra and at one point when Locke's talking to her Edgar says "locke...are you still thinking about...that?" but i guess he meant the whole rachel thing. i don't know, should write a letter to the creators or something...

Heath
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
The problem with Edgar is that I suspect half of Figaro Castle had him down as being gay, really. They were just too polite to say anything. Otherwise, I think Edgar was more playfully a ladies man whereas Locke was going for all that one and only stuff, as he attempted to the ladies' hearts. Oh my.

Siegfried
08-25-2007, 05:22 AM
What kind of girl would want to be with a guy who steals?
Wouldnt they rather be with a guy who has all the tools?
In conclusion, Edgar=badass

Avarice-ness
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Clearly Locke is the ladies man.

He gets all the chicks even AFTER they realize why he saves every chick he can.

I <3 Locke.

feioncastor
08-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Locke is more the type of guy where, say, you were his girlfriend and you guys were hiking and then a rope-bridge gave out while you were crossing it, he'd just let you die. And then he'd use magicite to bring you back to life, but only for, like, 8 seconds. And he'd ask some creepy old guy to preserve your dead body in his basement forever.

At one point, I recall Edgar considering making a pass at a 10 year old. But, he also did disguise himself as a leader of a gang of criminals whose primary goal was to get booty. That's quite pimp, right there.

You know who strikes me as quite the player? Cyan. I mean, the guy was writing sexy letters to some girl in Maranda. I think that perhaps Cyan was responsible for his wife and son's death. He wanted to get them out of the way so he could be free to live on a mountain and write letters to other guys' wives and keep various books in locked chests while conviniently leaving the key to said chest dangerously close by.

Oh, I meant to make a joke about the botanical cave decor that Cyan shows off in his weird cave room. Add that in there somewhere.

Nah, I guess Cyan is too creepy. My actual vote goes to Prince Ralse. He got all the ladies, one way or another. Even if he had to invade their castle while singing.

Which reminds me of Setzer, who is totally willing to commit felony kidnapping to force a girl to marry him.

But realistically, there are only two people in the game whom we know have had standard human sex. And it's not Madonna and Maduin because Maduin, in fact, not human.

No, it's Duane and Katarin.

So I change my vote to Duane, for being the only guy in FFVI who was unquestionably getting some action.

bipper
08-28-2007, 08:31 AM
GAu is the greatest ladies man. Just thought I would bring that up.