PDA

View Full Version : G-Phoria 2007

LunarWeaver
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
So, apparently G4's game award show happened. Or something. Let's look at the winners!

Best System: Xbox 360
Best New Character: Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
Best Babe: Kasumi (Dead or Alive Xtreme 2)
Best Strategy Game: Command and Conquer 3
Best Sports Game: Wii Sports
Best Action Game: Gears of War
Best RPG: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Most Original Game: Dead Rising
Best Multiplayer Game: Gears of War
Best Downloadable Content: The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
Best Voice-over: Mighty Rasta as Augustus Cole (Gears of War)
Best Graphics: Gears of War
Best Soundtrack: Guitar Hero 2
Deserves Uwe Boll Movie: Red Steel
Longest Lasting Game: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Game of the Year: Gears of War

Now, before this thread becomes the inevitable "G4 sucks and Adam sucks and everything about this is biased and horrible and the 360 sucks ghey faghget faggoty fag fag," let's keep this one thing in mind:

People pick these awards. They go on and vote for them. If you want to be angry at something, channel it towards the human race.

Well, Gears of War is really the public's favorite I see. I can't believe Twilight Princess beat out Final Fantasy XII for best RPG when it's not even an RPG in the first place. It even won longest lasting game against World of Warcraft. Against an MMORPG. Things like this make me drip tears into a paper cup made from a tree of sadness.

Personally, I wish G4 did pick the winners. Voting can't be left in the hands of the people because 99% choose what they "like" and do not even make an effort to be objective. You may think that if they like it they should vote for it, but liking something doesn't make it automatically deserving.

Not that all fan-favorites aren't deserving. Gears of War and Twilight Princess should get lots of attention I'm sure, I'm just saying...you know. Or is that my opinion? It's hard to keep it straight, I suppose.

Markus. D
08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Gears of War is a neat game :3

And at least they payed out Red Steel some more...

still...

Jessweeee♪
08-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Vaan totally should have won Best Babe :mad2:

Shiny
08-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Deserves Uwe Boll Movie: Red Steel

Nothing deserves his piece of crap that he calls movies. No matter how bad the game is.

Well, Gears of War is really the public's favorite I see.

Ofcourse. Leave it to a bunch of geeky males living with their parents between the ages of 12-30 to vote for Gears of War as many times as possible. That said, Gears of Wars looks a little fun. I might pick it up when I get an Xbox 360. I still, however, don't see anything that stupendous about it. It seems like another shooter game with big guns, muscular dudes and aliens. That has been done before ad nauseum.

Shoeberto
08-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Most fans of G4 that would've voted are probably in the junior high age range, so that doesn't really give them much credibility as a jury for this kind of thing.

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Most fans of G4 that would've voted are probably in the junior high age range, so that doesn't really give them much credibility as a jury for this kind of thing.

Then you'd think that Vaan would have won :cry:

Ryth
08-20-2007, 03:20 AM

Indeed.

Biggest piece of evidence = Dead Rising winning most original. What the hell? Hell, at least even X-Play was smart enough to recognize how wrong this is.

Nifleheim7
08-20-2007, 04:03 AM
It seems like another shooter game with big guns, muscular dudes and aliens. That has been done before ad nauseum.

True.
But unfortunately,that can be said also about many games from different genres as well...

Laddy
08-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Damn, this G-Phoria is depressing, just a bunch of Pre-Teens voting for their favorite and unbearably shallow and casual games. Damn, we need hardcore channels, no "kiddie" bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

/rant

EDIT: For example...

Best System: Xbox 360\
WTH? Almost every seasoned gamer will tell you the Wii is better.

No, more like "Best Emotionless Badass With Big Guns."

Any Award Show with this category does not earn my trust.

Makes a little sense, but there are better options.

This isn't even an RPG, dammit! Even though this is a fantastic game.

The only original thing about the game is the setting and weapons. Ever heard of, say, any other game?

Read "Best Babe" complaint.

This is merely a Very Good game, bu come on, some extremely good games came out (Twilight Princess) and this game wins? Come on, the hardcore is dying, the casuals (If you can even call them that.) are taking over, come on, we must reclaim, or we'll be playing shooters and sports game for the rest of our gaming lives.

BTW, I have nothing against kids at all, it's just the average viewing audience.

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Don't get so worked up over the opinions of others :p

You'll get wrinkly!!!

..aaanywayz, being the little fangirl I am, I'm not happy that FFXII didn't win anything, but hey, I didn't even vote :spin:

LunarWeaver
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I didn't get to vote because I didn't even know it was happening. They used to throw a rather large event like an actual award show, but now it's just an extended episode of X-play. In fact, my TV's guide even lists it as an hour long X-play episode and I caught it on accident.

Okami should have won Most Original ;_;

edczxcvbnm
08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Best System: Xbox 360\
WTH? Almost every seasoned gamer will tell you the Wii is better.

I think the 360 is better.

No, more like "Best Emotionless Badass With Big Guns."

I agree. The best character was clearly Augustus "Cole Train" Cole.

Any Award Show with this category does not earn my trust.

I agree.

Makes a little sense, but there are better options.

Rainbow Six: Vegas would be mine but it is too tactical to be 'action'. I am hardcore when it comes to my action and Gears fits the bill perfectly.

This isn't even an RPG, dammit! Even though this is a fantastic game.

I know! I swear they miscategorize stuff just so great games are not left out.

The only original thing about the game is the setting and weapons. Ever heard of, say, any other game?

What should have won then? Pick your poison :D

Read "Best Babe" complaint.

I couldn't disagree more. Graphics is kind of like costume design or cinematography in the Oscars.

This is merely a Very Good game, bu come on, some extremely good games came out (Twilight Princess) and this game wins? Come on, the hardcore is dying, the casuals (If you can even call them that.) are taking over, come on, we must reclaim, or we'll be playing shooters and sports game for the rest of our gaming lives.

I agree. Rainbow Six: Vegas should have won :D

Ashley Schovitz
08-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I hate X-Play there staff is so stupid they put in Zelda for an RPG and the left out other genres to list like platforming, puzzle, and there are enough FPS's that they can be their own genre! Why did they even have Dead Rising for nominee for most original is beyond me! I just hate them they try to make jokes all the time with only 40% of them actually being funny.

We need to have a real serious awards show for gaming that crap like G phoria or Spike's VGS awards.

Roto13
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I know I'm far from the first person to point this out, but the mere fact that they list Zelda as an RPG shows that they have no idea what they're talking about. :P

Gears of War seems to be really popular. I don't really get it, personally. I play it almost every day at work and I can never really get into it. Meh....

Eiko Guy
08-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Vaan totally should have won Best Babe :mad2:

I'm not alone :D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-22-2007, 01:39 AM
i wish i saw the show but i dont got g4 no more =/

Freya
08-22-2007, 03:55 AM
I didn't even know about it, my bro told me this morning that it had come on and it was on x-play. They didn't market it as much this year so I think less actual seasoned gamers knew about it. Those gamers were prolly doing just that, gaming. If ya don't tell us we don't know, so all the little preteens that spam thier forums were the only ones to know.