PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Daisies

Miriel
08-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Pushing Daisies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pushing_Daisies) is a new show airing on ABC this coming fall, and it is FANTASTIC.

When I first heard the plot of the show, I thought, wtf? A guy who can bring dead people back to life, and then make them dead again? Weird. And I dismissed it. But since it was (probably intentionally) leaked onto the internet, I've heard rave reviews about it and gave it a shot.

I fell in love. The visuals are stunning. Very reminiscint of a Tim Burton film. The entire visual aspect of the show reminded me of Big Fish. I felt like drinking it all up, the show just looked so great. And the story is actually really funny, smart, and inventive. I loved the characters, I loved the interactions, the dialogue, the quirkiness of it all. The show has a lot of heart.

The reason I'm making this thread is because since the show is offbeat, abnormal, and a little weird, I can see a lot of mainstream audiences dismissing the show. And if this show goes the way of Firefly or Arrested Development, I will kill someone. I'm pretty sure word of mouth is what's going to save this show and possibly make it into a huge hit.

So I'm spreading the word. Watch it. Love it. Share it.

It airs October 3, on ABC. Or you can watch it online before it airs. I've watched it twice already, and I fully intend on watching it again when it airs on TV.

Namelessfengir
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
it looked like crap and crap it shall remain.

Bunny
08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I want to watch it. Unfortunately, I am "moving" on the 24th of next month and will be without a television or most common electronics for a year.

eestlinc
08-21-2007, 07:56 AM
i don't have a tv so i will not be watching this or really any other tv shows. however, i think "pushing up daisies" is one of the best euphemisms ever.

BardTard
08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
That looks like a good show, I wanna watch it! :D

Del Murder
08-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Remind me to watch it!

Disco Potato
08-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Are there any sites to legally watch it on? :p

Shlup
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Just finished watching it on ABC.com. AWESOME.

Rostum
10-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting. I hope they show it in Australia, would like to see it.

Tallulah
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
If it's any good, Channel Four will buy the rights in the UK. If not, it will be on ABC 1 on Freeview. Which I never watch. :p

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I watched it last week and I really, really enjoyed it. Swoosie Kurtz's cameo was absolutely fabulous. I wonder if the aunts are going to be a big part of the show or if they were just a one-shot thing. It'd be interesting to see their adventures in the world as kind of a side-story. I did think the episode was a little predictable with Chuck's role, but I suppose they had to keep that love interest element in there.

And it really was visually stunning. I look forward to making it a part of my routine. I have three network tv shows I watch now! House, Pushing Daises and the Office. I feel so grown up.

Germ Hamee
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Wow, it's so cool to see this kind of style on a TV show. It looks like it's pretty freaking expensive to produce, so you're right. If this show doesn't become ABC's next Lost, it's bound to be cancelled quickly. That will upset me immensely.

*throws the streaming episode link to all his friends*

leader of mortals
10-09-2007, 09:58 PM
daisies are too heavy to push. I prefer pushing the chocobo eater off the cliff

Vikeve
10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Crap, I missed the first episoid and I wanted to see it. Yay, internet leaks!

Shlup
10-10-2007, 05:57 AM
I watched it last week and I really, really enjoyed it. Swoosie Kurtz's cameo was absolutely fabulous. I wonder if the aunts are going to be a big part of the show or if they were just a one-shot thing. It'd be interesting to see their adventures in the world as kind of a side-story. I did think the episode was a little predictable with Chuck's role, but I suppose they had to keep that love interest element in there.

And it really was visually stunning. I look forward to making it a part of my routine. I have three network tv shows I watch now! House, Pushing Daises and the Office. I feel so grown up.

I agree it was fairly predictable, but sometimes that's comforting, especially combined with that visual style and the narrator.

Crap, I missed the first episoid and I wanted to see it. Yay, internet leaks!
I just watch it on abc.com. They actually have a pretty good player. They have three commercials, but my ad blocker skips them.

Germ Hamee
10-10-2007, 09:02 AM

I agree it was fairly predictable, but sometimes that's comforting, especially combined with that visual style and the narrator.

I don't even care how predictable the story is. The story can turn into complete CRAP for all I care, and I'll still be watching it just for the style. If that doesn't make a good TV show, I don't know what does. :O

Rengori
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't even care how predictable the story is. The story can turn into complete CRAP for all I care, and I'll still be watching it just for the style. If that doesn't make a good TV show, I don't know what does. :O

A good story?

I watched it last night and while the style was entertaining I didn't find it too funny or sensible, so I probably won't watch it often.

Germ Hamee
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM

A good story?

Except not, apparently? Kind of the point?

Sensible story telling is a dime a dozen these days. I'll take a quirky fairy tale over a show about work related drama any day. Even if the story is about something as ridiculous as dandelion cars.

LunarWeaver
10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
I've loved the first two episodes :jess: If it stays like this, it will be one of those things that you have to own on DVD or you aren't one of the cool kids.

I liked the dandelion car thing :( Only this show would have a car running on pretty weeds and a love-sick girl break out into song.

Shlup
10-12-2007, 04:33 AM
"He would remember her hair slightly redder, her sweater slightly tighter, but her smile he would get just right."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Del Murder
10-12-2007, 04:51 AM
This show is gold. Tell your friends.

It's like a fairy tale. There is no show like it.

Miriel
10-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Omg omg omg. The end scene with the car barrier and glove hand thingy. Eeeeeee! So freakin' cute I could die.

Also, the pie maker should have like a trademark on sheepish grin. :D

XxSephirothxX
10-12-2007, 06:02 AM
I am going to download the show and see what all this FUSS is about. :p

Shlup
10-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Omg omg omg. The end scene with the car barrier and glove hand thingy. Eeeeeee! So freakin' cute I could die.

Also, the pie maker should have like a trademark on sheepish grin. :D

I KNOW! How freaking hot is the pie maker? *swoon*

Miriel
10-18-2007, 05:00 AM
So many great lines in tonight's episode.

"Remember, mind over matter makes Pooh un-fatter!" - Ahahaha!
"Kick, Pooh, kick!" - <3
"I wanted to be a Jedi" - HEE.

Plastic wrap!!!!

Germ Hamee
10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Wow, a sword fight! This show has <i>everything</i>!