PDA

View Full Version : What is the best flood...

fredsanford
08-20-2007, 12:55 PM
What is the best flood that you have ever been in ? AS in worse but greatest in scale of ...flooding....

Any stories ? Oh it is raining cats and dogs outside which is why I ask.

Lynx
08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
i have a story about floods.

raining one day (duh) and the stream normally 8 feet down from my yard rose up over the bank and across my yard. watched a few chunks of ground get swallowed up. then me and my family decided to leave for town (seeing as we live in the middle of nowhere). as we head down the road the stream is rushing across the road. but a truck crosses it. then we turn around and went up the mountain. we stop move an ambualnce that was blocking our path with no one in it. went up a dirt road to an old hunting camp. foudn the driver to the ambulance.
driver: you have permission to break into the hunting camp.
broke in sat at the top f the mountain all night.

next morning my pool trampoline and bullet catcher were gone. 65 square yards of land gone. cut the ground 13 feet down about 15 from my house.

rubah
08-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I live on a big hill. my house doesn't get flooded xD

There's been some epic water down in the town where I went to high school though, but nothing scary.

Bunny
08-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Back when I was a young kid, my mother took me dress shopping on a weekend that happened to be having a big sale.

Oh god.

abrojtm
08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Some guy built an ark or something. Animals may have been involved.

Tavrobel
08-20-2007, 06:42 PM
A spam flood. It gives a free disconnect.

Rengori
08-20-2007, 09:30 PM
The only floods I've been in completely ruined the landscaping the backyard, and I always had to fix it. Floods suck.

Disco Potato
08-21-2007, 12:25 AM
I recently stayed in Karachi, Pakistan for a month, like 5 minutes away from the beach. It rained horribly for a couple of days, and the city's crap drainage system didn't help, so it was still sort of flooded in some parts when I left :p. In some of the lower parts I think the water got 2-3 feet high. The first day, the power was out basically the whole day and night. In the night temperatures are relatively nice so people like to keep the windows open...long story short, every few minutes we would hear thunder and see lightning flash, which was interesting in the dark with open windows -_-. The second day the power was working, but it rained more, and thunder (really loud, booming stuff that would literally shake you a little bit) and lightning seemed to be almost constant. But after those two days the weather was actually pretty nice.

Værn
08-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Several years ago there was a flood that canceled the first day of school.
It's been raining here for ages now and tomorrow is the first day if school, there's a slight possibility that it could happen again.

eestlinc
08-21-2007, 07:51 AM
a woman drowned in her basement this past winter here in Seattle during some bad flooding.

Lawr
08-21-2007, 07:57 AM
I live on the bottom of a hill and right next to a dam. Strangely enough, no flood activity.

Comet
08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
The best flood was when my semen flooded the keyboard.

Captain Maxx Power
08-21-2007, 04:28 PM
The flood where I purposefully drowned two of each animal on instruction from Satan.

Lawr
08-21-2007, 08:12 PM
OH YEAH!. Me and my cousin My cousin and I drowned a rat in a bucket. :D

bipper
08-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Pool's closed. Thread win.