PDA

View Full Version : american car insurance

bipper
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Fucking car insurance is fucking lame. After the divorce, I changed to this Amica bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: car insurgence deal. 189 dollars a month (mandatory in Minnesota - where I drive most the time) anyways, thanks to some sloppy billing and such, they charged me a freaking 100 dollar late fee.

Well I have two questions now, does anyone recommend a Car Insurgence company to go through. I don't care about low rates, mainly about a decency in the company. Any suggestions? Also, what companies have you, eoff, dealt with that just fucking suck?

Fonzie
08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
When the hell did you get divorced?

Tavrobel
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
In my family's experience, Progressive hasn't been that painful to deal with. I'm not sure what we have now.

Peegee
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM

A while now. Keep up Fonzy.

To Bipper:

1) how the heck did you get such a low insurance? Do you just drive an old car maybe? I'm preparing to pay like 3300 / year for my 07', I think.

2) I live in the Canada so I might not have an American provide. I think it's American (or has an American branch) though -- Congeco, I think.

I gave my wallet copy to my brother before my BC trip so I can't empirically verify.

Fonzie
08-20-2007, 08:19 PM

A while now. Keep up Fonzy.

To Bipper:

1) how the heck did you get such a low insurance? Do you just drive an old car maybe? I'm preparing to pay like 3300 / year for my 07', I think.

2) I live in the Canada so I might not have an American provide. I think it's American (or has an American branch) though -- Congeco, I think.

I gave my wallet copy to my brother before my BC trip so I can't empirically verify.

Well, I knew that he was divorced, but not why.

bipper
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Lol fonz, I have gone through the worst kind of divorce for the last 6 months. the thing was finalized may 2nd of this last year. I mean, it sucked. ex didnt work when we were divorced so she gets half my paychecks so she was making out with like 2k a month for doing nothing. She had half custody of the kids, got pregnant during her affair and lie in court saying she wasn't - and has constantly been lying to me. The kids and I survived though, and things are much calmer now.

all I have to say to that is: lol drama.

On top of this post I had a free consultation with a lawyer who ended up getting 800 bucks out of me. Gionis in St Croix. A lying thieving lawyer at it's worst. She made up a bill, sent it to court and it is for the perfect amount that it would COST me more to deflect than to pay the twat. so I am dishing out 800 bucks to here.

It hast been a :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty year fonz my boy.

Tarv: I havn't even checked progressive yet. I guess I marked em out because of their aggressive marketing and seemingly untrustworthy claims. I respect your word though, and will give them a looking at.

Ghetts: the rate is a bit low, 200 a month was my average quote, and as low as 145/month. And yes, Canadian car insurance is quite different in it's set up, which is mind boggling to me.

I drive a 2007 ford focus wagon Pimped by xibit. well, not pimped, I washed it once or twice though.

edczxcvbnm
08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I have All-State insurance and I only have liability because I drive a '92 Ford Tempo. I pay something like $60 a month...but it is old and :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty.

My parents use progressive and they pay quite a bit but it has 4 cars with property damage and other things. Try those two.

Yamaneko
08-20-2007, 08:58 PM
I have liability under AIG. I pay around $90 a month for my 2002 Silverado. I guess they're OK. I haven't had to deal with them much.

Freya
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
We had 6 cars and 2 horse trailers through progressive and they screwed us over. They claimed our mustang as totaled when it got rear ended. There was just a little bump! Then it really did get totaled by my brother. Any who my brother has been in a few car crashes but when my mom took him off, it only went down 52$. We were paying sooo much, so now my mom's got some local thing but I don't think progressive such a good choice.

Ifirit's Fury
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I disagree, Progressive (at least here in Ohio) is great. Not to sound like a commercial but I did save a ton of money by dropping state farm.

All insurance companies suck, you pay a boat load to them and they fight you whenever you try to file a claim. I have not had this problem with Progressive. (Of course I have yet to file a claim with them) But I made several calls to their customer service and claims departments to discuss policy options before buying and everyone was great. I have what they call ProgressiveDrive policy that has a ton of extras like road-side assist and free towing up to a set distance.

I'm not tooting anyone's horn when it comes to insurance, but Progressvie did save me about $700 a year.

rubah
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
we use farm burearu, but my dad's paying that so I don't know how much it's for ;o