PDA

View Full Version : Parlez-vous le français?

Zeldy
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Pas allemand! Ca va? jadore le français? Jai deteste le français; c'est enneyeux!

I don't know how to say how long have you known it/learnt it? :p
Did you/do you find any aspect of the language difficult? I sure did, I was fine with French and enjoyed it until the past/present/future tense was brought into it.

Denmark
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I know a bit of it, picked up from my roommate and one of my good friends. i'm pretty sure i don't know how to spell any of the stuff i know how to say. je m'appelles robert

Levian
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Parce que je le vaux bien?

I know two sentences of French, not much unlike Giga Guess I think!

Lawr
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Combien de temps des types avez-vous su le français ?

Freya
08-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I was in France like 2 weeks ago :P I felt so lost, so no I don't speak it. Plus they were rude. I'm learning German. I'll be going into my 4th year. The whole sentence structure thing gets me though :P It's so different from english. The whole SVO of english compared to the SOV of german. >.< I plan on trying to become fluent in it, they were really nice when I was there and I respect that so It gave me the want to learn their language more.

Peegee
08-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Je suis le gateaux. Et Vous?

(ps: not a typo)

Flying Mullet
08-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I took two years of French to satisfy the language requirement for graduation in high school, but I never really enjoyed it.

Lawr
08-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Combien de fois employez-vous la salle de bains ?

(PS: Not a Typo :bigsmile: )

Zeldy
08-20-2007, 10:08 PM

Je suis fantastique, merci.

I only know like basic basic french, and I did it for 3 years, so don't expect me to reply to everything. I can just about say my name and where I live :p

Lawr
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Combien de fois employez-vous la salle de bains ?

(PS: Not a Typo :bigsmile: )

Translated: How often do you use the bathroom?

Rengori
08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I surrender!

That's French, right?

Sergeant Hartman
08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Fromagé Frais?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I know too little words to be able to construct a half-decent sentence and that's when I haven't been asked a question

Mercen-X
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
"Parlez-vous le français?"

Peche means peach

I can't believe no one's singing that damn song by now!

Xaven
08-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I was in French 1 for a week at the beginning of high school due to a schedule fluke. I can count to 20 and say the alphabet. :P

I surrender!

That's French, right?
Ahaha.

Zeldy
08-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I was in French 1 for a week at the beginning of high school due to a schedule fluke. I can count to 20 and say the alphabet. :P
I can count to 39, as I can't remember what 40 is.

I DID learn the alphabet, and knew it perfectly, but as we were top set my teacher said we could learn Spanish for a second language ontop of French, so I learnt the Spanish alphabet too, so I just get them mixed up.

Resha
08-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Oui, un peu. Je l'ai etudé au college pour quatre anneés. C'était ennuyeux quand je l'ai fait, mais maintenant :-( je la manque!

Too many tenses and irregulars ;_; and I'm forgetting four years of slaving and moaning

Parker
08-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I learned french for about 4 years and really enjoyed it. However, a month out of school and I pretty much completely forgot everything I learned and can now barely make a sentence! In english or french!

rubah
08-20-2007, 11:43 PM
J'aime mieux parler la langue francais(I do not know how to do accents in osx :(). Je suis prendre une cours de francais a maintenant, mais je ne sais pas que je dois continue en la cours parce que c'est une cours tres difficile et je n'ai etudiee pas la langue pour une anee, et j'ai oubliee beaucoup de mots ou j'ai leurs remplace avec les mots d'espangol.

c'est tres horrible :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Oui. J'étais dans une programme d'immersion depuis l'école primaire. En tout cas, je n'utilise pas mon français souvent donc ma française est une peu faible comparé à d'autre. En tout cas fais environ 15 année que je suis capable de parler en français, mais j'avait seulement étudie la langue pour 12 année. Aussi, toute la famille paternelle sur la côté de ma grandmama est français-canadien.

Sorry for the typos...I haven't written in French in ages. x-x

Araciel
08-21-2007, 12:49 AM
yes i speak french. i live in canada. we all speak french.

aussi, il y a des oiseaux dans ma fenetre.

abrojtm
08-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Oui, un peu, mais j'oublie tous la grammaire.

Kyri
08-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Oui. J'étais dans une programme d'immersion depuis l'école primaire. En tout cas, je n'utilise pas mon français souvent donc ma française est une peu faible comparé à d'autre. En tout cas fais environ 15 année que je suis capable de parler en français, mais j'avait seulement étudie la langue pour 12 année. Aussi, toute la famille paternelle sur la côté de ma grandmama est français-canadien.

Your french is really good. :]

Fonzie
08-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Yes and no.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-21-2007, 04:25 AM

Your french is really good. :]

Thanks. :)

BTW I swear in French quite a bit, almost more than I swear in English.

Also, forty in French is "quarante". I can count as high as I need to in French though I forget what comes after "milliard". Oddly enough, sometimes at work when I am counting things I start counting in French (which is odd since I used to count in English even when doing math in French).

Breine
08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I know some very common phrases and words that have actually been pretty helpful the times I've been to Paris. I have no idea how to write it, and reading it is also somewhat difficult, which is mainly because I've never taken French class in school.

The Mog Ninja
08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
El No-ies

blackmage_nuke
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Your accent is terrible http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/NPCs/Other/Opera%20Impresario%20-%20Worried.gif