PDA

View Full Version : Stardust

Roto13
08-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it tonight. I liked it. It's certainly a fairy tale. It seems to be lacking a lot of the poetry of most of what I've read by Neil Gaiman, but that's probably because it's a movie.

Resha
08-21-2007, 07:27 AM
NO!! I've been itching to see this movie since I saw the trailer; it looks really good. Movies in the fantasy genre have all sorta failed to be good after LoTR, and Eragon was complete and utter :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I have no idea when it's coming out here though :-( And I have never read the book but for once I don't want to; the movie just looks like it's of massive proportions. And it's got a pretty star-studded cast, so that should be interesting.

Germ Hamee
08-21-2007, 08:40 AM
I loved that movie. After this sudden rush of way-too-serious fantasy movies, it's really refreshing to finally see a fantasy movie that's just fun.

Voodoo fighting is where it's at.

Roto13
08-21-2007, 09:24 AM
I kind of wanted to hit Robert DeNiro. WTF New York accent? He was the only person in the whole movie without an English accent. :P

Araciel
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
they never did say where he was from though, plus it's hard for ol' robbie to do any kind of accent.

i loved the film, as i knew i would, since anything neil gaiman puts his pen to seems to come out as gold.

now if only he would make american gods into a film...

Nifleheim7
08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I have the original graphic novel since it first came out.Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess are two of my favourite west comic book creators,and i really loved Stardust (i remember reading it while listening to Loreena Mckennit which was a perfect combination).

To be honest,i don't really care about the movie but i think i will see it eventually.

Renmiri
08-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I just watched with my kids and hubby and we all loved it! So there's a book ? I gotta get it to read to my kids! :love:

fantasyjunkie
08-26-2007, 04:49 AM
Just saw it. I really, really, loved this movie. I am so gonna see it again!
I never knew there was a book. The movie is based on it?

kikimm
08-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Yes, written by Neil Gaiman. It's really good--I've never read a book that had more of a real fairytale feel than Stardust. It's not really something you can read to your kids, though. :p

I really really want to see this, but my mom doesn't want to and all my friends are...not the kind of guys that would be willing to see it, I don't think.