PDA

View Full Version : So they have remade FF1/2...

Serapy
08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Does that mean the concept of remade FF1/2 by enix have some potential in re-making next versions of FF? I'd be hoping for FF7 remake :D Or am I missing somewhere? Thanks!

(Sorry if there's similar thread to this one).

Karellen
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Well considering at this point SE has created full remakes of FFI-III with a FFIV remake to be released soon, I would say that it's inevitable that the rest of the series will one day receive the same treatment.

blackmage_nuke
08-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I though this thread would be about some game called ff half

And i dont think there will be remakes for the 3d games for a while, 2d games are easy enough to remake (just change the sprites and throw in a few dungeons)

Bolivar
08-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Does that mean the concept of remade FF1/2 by enix have some potential in re-making next versions of FF? I'd be hoping for FF7 remake :D Or am I missing somewhere? Thanks!

(Sorry if there's similar thread to this one).

the 1 and 2 remakes are real old, they just re-released them on PSP.

III also received a full remake and IV was too in that the graphics were hugely updated. Now it's going 3D, too.

I'm not sure if V and VI were remakes, the graphics look the same to me but their storylines were apparently updated too.

I'd like to see remakes of the PSX ones someday but as of right now they don't really need it. VII could obviously use an update but I think remakes for VIII and IX would be redundant. And X absolutely doesn't need it. Maybe re-releases on PSP or (HOPEFULLY) DS would be cool, but I heard you can already get your PSX games on PSP.

Elpizo
08-24-2007, 05:28 PM
You know, at one point VII, VIII and IX were planned to be remade.

Final Fantasy remakes sold separately - PlayStation News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy9/news.html?sid=2679121)

But, as anybody who looks at the date knows, this was when Squaresoft got a huge blow from TSW. The plans were obviously cancelled. However they did get the idea for remakes of these games once, and honestly, it's just a matter of time before they indeed do remake them.

The VII team has said to be interested in remaking VII for example, but at the moment they don't have the time (seeing as the team is spread over different games, I believe).

As for me, a remake of the PSX FFs isn't really necesary, but I'd like them portable, or at the very least IX portable. I know you can emulate them on PSP, but it's just not the same (and I don't have a PSP).

On the other hand, a full remake of IX with next-gen graphics and most of all voices could be interesting, if done properly (like keeping the cartoon style and stuff).

It's just a matter of time.

Bolivar
08-24-2007, 05:45 PM
You know, at one point VII, VIII and IX were planned to be remade.

Final Fantasy remakes sold separately - PlayStation News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy9/news.html?sid=2679121)

But, as anybody who looks at the date knows, this was when Squaresoft got a huge blow from TSW. The plans were obviously cancelled. However they did get the idea for remakes of these games once, and honestly, it's just a matter of time before they indeed do remake them.

The VII team has said to be interested in remaking VII for example, but at the moment they don't have the time (seeing as the team is spread over different games, I believe).

As for me, a remake of the PSX FFs isn't really necesary, but I'd like them portable, or at the very least IX portable. I know you can emulate them on PSP, but it's just not the same (and I don't have a PSP).

On the other hand, a full remake of IX with next-gen graphics and most of all voices could be interesting, if done properly (like keeping the cartoon style and stuff).

It's just a matter of time.

that's crazy, i never knew that. If only that movie didn't sink them, Square would have been very different.

ReloadPsi
08-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Four times. Well, once, but it was released four times.

Storm San
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Since SE changed their policy on game making, a FFVII remake is highly possible imo. (they said they are gonna focus in remakes for now) <- that doesnt mean they wont be making new ones of course