PDA

View Full Version : Create-a-Saga Conceptual Gaming Society

Mercen-X
08-21-2007, 06:06 PM
This is an idea I conceived about five years ago. I don't remember telling anyone about it and I don't know if it's already been done.

The idea is that you enter into an underground club (could be in a basement, a storage facility, or any other building redesigned specifically for the purpose of social gathering) and in the club are 1 to 3 massive gaming constructs (or how many others can fit).

Your first step is to create a character and a membership ID. It's just like any MMO or fan convention.

Creating your character is where it gets interesting. You design your own action figure. You don't actually have to do the work if you're not good at it. You can write out the details and ask someone else to fix it up for you.

The doll is then cemented as it stands in a laminant resin. This means that whatever paint, accessories, weapons, clothing, or standing position your character has cannot be changed.

The character you've created is added to a roster and placed in storage for whenever you drop by to play . . . or you can choose to take it home. Either way, you need the doll to play. The doll is placed on the gaming construct like any other kind of representative in Dungeons & Dragons or some other kind of board-based RPG.

The events are all programmed within a large computer and randomized across a board which your character will slowly progress through. Whenever there's a battle, your character and your opponent will be displayed on a large screen and you'll have the option of letting the battle play out or picking up a controller and battling for yourself.

There are also versus matches and tournaments in which your character can be pit against another.

Any questions?

Araciel
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
i think that because rpgs/boardgames are still a fringe subset of gaming, it would only be feasible in a large city setting, and even then you might not get much business.