PDA

View Full Version : Did you like this game?

Hill of Twilight
08-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Before I begin I am not a FF7 fanboy I like them all very much (that I have played including 10-2, and FF7 DC), But I'm just wondering why u dislike or like FF7.

FF6 is very good so far in my opinon but I haven't bet it yet.:choc2:

Levian
08-10-2007, 01:17 AM
moved to FF7 forum.

I like FF7 because the materias are in all sorts of pretty colours.

Galvatron
08-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I don't like FF7 because it's shallow, pedantic, archetypal, over exemplified, overrated, and overall a game that's no different than the several clones that followed it.

Hill of Twilight
08-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Galvatron did u dislike it after the fanboy thing happened, or have u always disliked it.

Galvatron
08-10-2007, 02:28 AM
FF7 had fanboys the day it came out, that has nothing to do with why I dislike it. The first time I played it, I was wondering the whole time what people saw in it that made it so special. It's probably just nostalgia/yaoi fangirls.

Hill of Twilight
08-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Oh ok just wondering Galvatron.

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2007, 04:28 AM
I like the game cause it has a very unique and wonderful world design (the original not the bad compilation stuff) as well as the stories sense of philosophy and the use of the theme of Life.

I don't care for VII's cast and there are quite a few plot elements I don't care for. I feel Sephiroth is a wonderful antagonist but I don't believe he's a villain. I also feel the game is overrated and though it made the RPG genre popular on the world market, I feel it did little else.

Oh, I also absolutely hate Yuffie:mad2:

Bolivar
08-10-2007, 05:09 AM
playing this game when it first came out was a crazy experience i'll never forget. it really sucked you into its world and it was different from any game I had ever played at the time, even RPGs. Since then I've gone back to beat the SNES FF's and Chrono Trigger but I still find it to be very different from those games.

I made a thread like this a few months ago and the #1 response I got was its story. Every character had a really deep backstory, and there was always more hidden for you to discover.

The battles are great. When I go back and play this I can't deny that I enjoy every battle, and the system was wonderfully creative so that you could really delve into it and develop your characters in all sorts of directions if you choose to do so. If you just want to experience the story, you could do that too. It was a really versatile game.

Not to mention that when you get to the end of it there's just so much to do on the 3rd disk, there's secrets all over the world for you to discover, definately something that made FFVI so great.

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2007, 05:22 AM
OMG...someone should totally add fanboy to the censors...

I never understood why people get so annoyed by fanboyism...fanboys are just a little obsessive is all...no reason to dislike someone for that :p

ANYWAY, I liked it for the same reasons I like any RPG. Nice story, nice music, nice gameplay.

Galvatron
08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Every character had a really deep backstory

They didn't go far into detail with any character besides Cloud, I felt like I wanted to know more about Cid, Cait Sith, Vince, Yuffie and Red.

The whole game just felt like an interactive movie that's too full of itself.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
i think i like it cos itr was the first one i played, and it revolutionised the series by tasking it 3d. i do agree that it is overrated though

Goldenboko
08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Hmm, I found this game mediocre. So therefore my favorite part was getting the Golden Chocobo.

If you had asked my least favorite part it would've been easier to answer.

I like the game cause it has a very unique and wonderful world design (the original not the bad compilation stuff) as well as the stories sense of philosophy and the use of the theme of Life.

Stop stealing that line from G4 xD

Hill of Twilight
08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I really do agree with what Bolivar is saying, it was a very unique RPG. Also it is my favorite for the reason that the people act more realistic that they use language and have unique personalities, and it is pretty much in are present time Earth which not many RPG's do. (Chrono Trigger really goes around are time period.)

Goldenboko
08-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Present time Earth? Not really, Gaia in FFVII was like a mix of future. I mean their technology really outranks ours, Cannons that fire lasers around the earth, floating cities, yeah we dun got that stuff :(

As for how "real" they acted. Thats all from perspective. Aeris's character bugged the crap outta me.
"Hey guys, I'm gonna ditch you to go to the temple of ancients, despite the fact there is a murder on the loose!

kthxbai!"

;p

Bolivar
08-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Every character had a really deep backstory

They didn't go far into detail with any character besides Cloud, I felt like I wanted to know more about Cid, Cait Sith, Vince, Yuffie and Red.

The whole game just felt like an interactive movie that's too full of itself.

I have to question whether or not you actually played the game. Most of the scenarios on Disk 1 are delving into each character's past, starting with Barret at Mt. Corel, Red XIII at Cosmo Canyon, Cid at Rocket Town, and Yuffie at Wutai. All of these are accompanied by lengthy story sequences, much of which reveal the character's past, and expalin why they're fighting against the Shinra and to save the planet. These revelations occur throughout the game not only for Cloud but for Tifa also as much of it has to do with her own past, especially when Cloud finds himself on Disk 2. To know more about Reeve would've been nice, but it's absolutely unnecessary to understand his motives as a character - it's defined with his actions and it's epitomized in him symbolically as he's the "Head of Urban Development", i don't want to make it sound like an elitist game, but if you know the connotations of that position in politics, its easy to understand Cait Sith. It's unstated things like that which really put this game head and shoulders above its predecessors and in some ways over its successors

Also in Lucrecia's Cave, Vincent's past is clearly explained with two story sequences, and I believe his to be possibly the most interesting of the backstories. So right about now I have to question what it is you're actually talking about.

Furthermore, if you feel this is an interactive movie, then congratulate yourself, because that's what the creator of the FF series wanted - to create games that surpass movies by bringing interactive elements that make the player emotionally attached to the events in ways films simply cannot. If you mean that with a negative connotation, then you obviously haven't played the SegaCD. Not to mention that VII has one of the most fun and intricate battle systems in the series.

Present time Earth? Not really, Gaia in FFVII was like a mix of future. I mean their technology really outranks ours, Cannons that fire lasers around the earth, floating cities, yeah we dun got that stuff

As for how "real" they acted. Thats all from perspective. Aeris's character bugged the crap outta me.
"Hey guys, I'm gonna ditch you to go to the temple of ancients, despite the fact there is a murder on the loose!

kthxbai!"

;p

FFVII more than any game in the series challenges our own cultural notions of "advanced." We actually do have devices that shoot lasers, we simply utilize them for things like eye surgeory instead of war because they are not practical, illustrating that societies move in different directions, not forward or backward. Their space technology is much less "advanced" than ours. Midgar isn't floating - it's supported by pillars. The fact is that every Final Fantasy has a mix of high and low technology, going back to the first game which had a flying fortress with computers and robots running around.

Also, when we say "real", it's because when you look at previous FF's, even up to the last one, FFVI, the characters spoke and acted like stereotypical RPG characters do. The dialogue in this game was much more realistic.

Also, your little remark on Aeris makes me question, like Galvatron, whether or not you actually played the game. If so you should probably pay attention to the plot next time. :tongue:

Hill of Twilight
08-10-2007, 04:34 PM
As i was saying about the present time of earth comparing it to the time on FF7 they are alike , but it is fantasy so they have to add some overly advanced stuff like the Mako Cannon or Gold Saucer. But what i was saying is that there vehicles and electronical devices are pretty much the same as ours.:choc:

gates to oblivion
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
so johnny boy final fantasy 7 is good only thing i dislike about is graphics >.< rest of it is awesome but it still not my fav final fantasy and you know this that it is 9 becuase 9 was the first i ever played and the story line rocks =P

jammi567
08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
When i got the game, i was like "yes, i've finally got my hands on a piece of Final Fantasy history!" But when i actually played it, i realized that it's just really, really boring, and by the time i finished the game, i simply couldn't see what all the fush was about (with the story, plot, etc, because i can understand that the graphics were good for it's time.)

Crossblades
08-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't hate FF VII. It's not on my top 5 favorite FF games, but still, I like it. The only thing(s) that annoys me about this game is learning Limit Breaks for all your characters and the fact that that fanboys praise this game as if it was God. >_>

Jarvio
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I will start by saying that I have only ever played on three FF games. They are 7, 8, and 9.

I have completed 7 many times, completed 8 a few times, and never completed 9 - I got to the end of 9 then for some reason couldn't be bothered to carry on.

Out of the three, number 7 is BY FAR my favourite.

I adore number 8, I think it's brillaint, but I still prefer 7 by quite a bit.

9 was ok, but nothing special, and I don't know if I'd ever play it again tbh...

Number 7 is my favourite for the following reasons:
1 - Story - really interesting, full of amazing twists and sub-plots
2 - Characters - really great, interesting characters, with some really deep character past, revelations about characters, and great character development
3 - Limit breaks - they just rocked in this one
4 - World map and locations - Some very interesting places to visit I thought
5 - Enemy skill - gotta love it
6 - Just the fact that there's plenty to do

I've gone on a bit now, but the main reasons I prefer number 7 is story and characters...

I must admit though, number 8 had a better summon system - GF's ruled!

demondude
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
There have been lots of arguments about this game some state that it is perfection some say it was overrated.

Give us you're view did you like this game or not? :)

PuPu
08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
It is so overrated that it is the worst.

Elly
08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
awesome game, not the best ever, that title belongs to Chrono Trigger, but definatealy one of the best FFs written next to FFVI, it could use a better translation, and a graphic overhaul couldn't hurt it, but the Materia system gives such an insane ammount of freedom with skills and abillities i consider it to be the best system in the series...

Fonzie
08-21-2007, 08:04 PM
I prefer FF8, but I still love this title.

Psychotic
08-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Heck yes I liked this game. It's enjoyable, engaging and challenging. Only downsides for me was some of the dialogue being a bit iffy (but I think we can put a lot of that down to the translators) and the much-maligned field character models, although other than that, the graphics - eg backgrounds, FMVs, battle models - were fantastic for their time.

There was already a thread on this, though, so I merged 'em.

cloud21zidane16
08-21-2007, 10:23 PM
i like the story, characters, battle system even the graphics.Plus it was my first FF so thats what brought me into the series.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-21-2007, 11:46 PM
It's growing on me, fast. The more I play it the more I like it. I might just cry the next time

Vivisteiner
08-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I like it.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-22-2007, 10:54 AM
where is the "yes i loved this game more than anyone should love a compact disc" option?

The Mog Ninja
08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
playing this game when it first came out was a crazy experience i'll never forget. it really sucked

demondude
08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
This threads broken I made it but My beginning post is only halfway down the first page.?

aquatius
08-22-2007, 11:24 AM
As a child, I was practically weaned on this game.