PDA

View Full Version : A question about Cloud's depression...

SuperMillionaire
08-22-2007, 02:50 AM
I know that Cloud does not really cry in the movie, but do you think that if he cried at all, did he cry in secret? Just wondering, because I know that he was very depressed in AC.

LunarWeaver
08-22-2007, 05:54 AM
I can't really imagine him spilling out some eye juice. I always figured him as more stoic than flat-out depressed.

Silver Haired Brothers
10-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I think he has to much emotional armour to let that stuff creep in. I mean, can you really imagine him crying? At alll?

Rikushomegirl7
10-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm sure if he would cry, he'd cry in secret because he feels worthless already so if he cried in public it would make him feel even more worthless.

Poor cloud :( He's been through so much! I just wanna give him a big hug! :choc2:

Cookie
10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
When he was little boy he had a bicycle. One day, he was riding his bicycle, and he just so happened to be passing the big boys. They jeered at him and taunted poor Cloud, causing him to lose concentration. A small bump and a few grazes later, the big boys had swarmed on him. They laughed and laughed. But he didn't cry, he climbed slowly but steadily back onto his little bicycle and rode away in a hurry. Once his antagonists were out of eye and earshot, he broke out into a steady rhythm of weak sobs, and soon, tears flooded his little emo face. This is the source of his anguish. He taught himself not to cry every time a few bigger boys came along, though. Since that day, he's bottled it up inside himself like normal a normal person should. He occasionally talks to dead people, though.

Eiko Guy
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Then after he had defeated sephiroth again he found those boys from that day. Their faces emblazoned into his mind. They remembered him as well and when he pulled out his sword and casted silence their screams muffled...he got his revenge.

MKusanagi
10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh yeah, he's cried. He cried when Zack died. In AC, though, I think it was a different kind of pain. One where crying doesn't fit. Something that someone I know can relate to. And they don't cry about it because they know it strips away further what confidence they had... if any. Crying is for when you lose someone or when someone hurts you. BUt when you feel you are the source of your own troubles. That you never will amount to anything, it hits so deep the tears won't find it.

EDIT: Cookie and Eiko Guy... OMG ROFL!

Dragon Mage
10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
A good question. To say that no one has ever cried is utterly ridiculous. And Cloud, of all people, has cried. yeah, he's the stoic type, sure. But that doesn't mean he's an android. Of course he's cried before, everyone has. :greenie:

And while he/she has a point here:
BUt when you feel you are the source of your own troubles. That you never will amount to anything, it hits so deep the tears won't find it.

I think this is very true. But, previous to such feelings, he must've cried at some point. And Cloud just isn't he kind to do so around others. So yeah, he goes into a corner, waa-waa's a bit then goes on. That's all folks!

I'm sure if he would cry, he'd cry in secret because he feels worthless already so if he cried in public it would make him feel even more worthless.

Poor cloud He's been through so much! I just wanna give him a big hug!

XDXDXD I actually posted something talking about this on a Cloud fanclub once.

and Eiko guy and cookie: you guys are the awesome! XDXDXDXD

MKusanagi
10-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Yep. You pretty much said it, Dragon Mage. If and when Cloud cries he does so in private. I'm like that. But sometimes, in fact, alot of times you're so devastated by your own personal hell that you just can't cry. Y'know?

Yes, Cookie and Eiko Guy just perfected this thread.

Seal Evil
11-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Did he not cry when Aeris died? He said something about his mouth being dry and his eyes burning... to me, I think he cried.

Loony BoB
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Even the hardest men cry when someone so dear to them passes away, I'm pretty certain of that because I've known of it.

I'm not talking a stream of tears, though. I'm personally much more likely to get a burning sensation around my eyes with a lot of salt but not much water. I don't get teary, I just get wet, burning eyes... if that makes any sense. So maybe he gets that way, where he just doesn't find crying to be something that comes to him anymore, even if he feels devestated at the time.

MKusanagi
11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
That's crying. You don't have to have tears. Often when I cry and it pisses me off, I don't tear up either. But I'm still crying.