PDA

View Full Version : Can bazaar goods be obtained more than once?

tor86
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
In the game, I have come over 18 Bundles of feathers, a whole lot of fire magicite, and 12 maggoty flesh.

The recipe for bazaar item Diamond Sword is:
6 Bundle of feathers
6 Fire magicite
4 Maggoty flesh

I have obtained the diamond sword. But is there a way to get the diamond sword again, by selling the same loot over again?

I have tried, but it didn't show up again...

So im wondering if you can only get the same bazaar item one time, or several times... If you can get it several times, what do you have to do?

LunarWeaver
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I do believe they're all just a one time thing. It'd be sexy if you could more than one, though. :jess:

PuPu
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
I do believe they're all just a one time thing. It'd be sexy if you could more than one, though. :jess:
Six Tournesols LOL. Thought would be quite awesome.

BG-57
08-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Most of the repeatable stuff are consumable items or loot: X-Potions, High Arcana, Gemsteel and the like. I don't think you can make any weapon, armor, ammunition or accessory through the Bazaar more than once. But you can often get more using other methods.

The key to making more than one of something that can be remade is to make one at a time; that means selling only the minimum amount of loot necessary to make the item. Only then do you buy the item and sell more loot.

Also as a general rule, do not sell rare loot until it's time to make a rare item. By all means sell the common stuff (like Pebbles) whenever you get 99 of them.

Formalhaut
08-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Im not sure if you can make more weapons and stuff. Like BG-57 said the restoratives and rare loot ones can duplicate.

EDIT: After some research, I found i neat Trick:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|Get two bazzar goods at the same time|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Example:
Sipping Wine - 2x Tyrant Hide
Monk's Garb - 2x Tyrant Hide, 4x Ice Magicite, 4x Coeurl Pelt

Case 1:
1) Sell 2x Tyrant Hide. Bazaar goods for Sipping Wine appears.
2) Buy Sipping Wine.
3) Sell 4x Ice Magicite, 4x Couerl Pelt. Bazaar goods for Monk's Garb does
not appear.

Case 2:
1) Sell 2x Tyrant Hide. Bazaar goods for Sipping Wine appears.
2) Sell 4x Ice Magicite, 4x Couerl Pelt. Bazaar goods for Monk's Garb
appears.

In Case 1, by buying the bazaar goods for Sipping Wine, you reset the
counter for Tyrant's Hide to 0, hence resulting in the bazaar goods for
Monk's Garb not appearing after selling the Ice Magicites and Coeurl Pelts.
But, in Case 2, by not buying the Sipping Wine until you sell the Ice
Magicities and Coeurl Pelts, you get both Sipping Wine and Monk's Garb
available in the bazaar.

This works for every bazaar item that has common requirements, and the
selling order does not matter.

Taken from FeuFeu's Guide to Loot/bazzar Goods from gamefaq.
</pre>

BG-57
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
It's a poorly designed system but there's one aspect you can exploit: you can skimp on materials if you make two different items at the same time that share materials in common.

The Mog Ninja
08-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Also as a general rule, do not sell rare loot until it's time to make a rare item.

Why?

Dirufan
08-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Also as a general rule, do not sell rare loot until it's time to make a rare item.

Why?

Well, think of it this way. Say you sold a Feystone so you can make a High Arcana later in the game. But you accidently sell 5 Charger Bardings and 2 Chimera Heads without knowing what would happen. Well, whoops, you just made a Magepower Shishak, and poof goes the Feystone.

The Mog Ninja
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM

Why?

Well, think of it this way. Say you sold a Feystone so you can make a High Arcana later in the game. But you accidently sell 5 Charger Bardings and 2 Chimera Heads without knowing what would happen. Well, whoops, you just made a Magepower Shishak, and poof goes the Feystone.

Oh...

woops.

BG-57
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
I was once trying to make a Tournesol and one of the ingredients is 3 Gemsteels. As luck would have it, I had already acquired two, but I accidently used them up in making a duplicate of a katana that I already had, so I had to farm the ingredients for 3 more.

Let's say you get three Gemsteels and sell all of them to the Bazaar and make that katana. You'll have one left over, right? Wrong! As soon as you make an item, the Bazaar uses up all the ingredients, so that every Gemsteel in the Bazaar inventory is used up. So if you need just two to make an item, sell two and save the rest as loot.

Dirufan
08-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I was once trying to make a Tournesol and one of the ingredients is 3 Gemsteels. As luck would have it, I had already acquired two, but I accidently used them up in making a duplicate of a katana that I already had, so I had to farm the ingredients for 3 more.

Let's say you get three Gemsteels and sell all of them to the Bazaar and make that katana. You'll have one left over, right? Wrong! As soon as you make an item, the Bazaar uses up all the ingredients, so that every Gemsteel in the Bazaar inventory is used up. So if you need just two to make an item, sell two and save the rest as loot.

That would just piss me off.

BG-57
08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, at least they didn't go to waste. I just had more work to do.

Now that I've used the Bazaar a lot I can see that it was almost as poorly thought out as that Zodiac Spear chest.