PDA

View Full Version : Presumptious poast about being able to dance

Peegee
08-22-2007, 05:25 PM
YouTube - Dance to Inspire, Inspire to Dance (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ALtIwy77RU)

Rye bread created a thread about dancing that basically made me remember that the majority of people don't know how to dance (well) and also harbor negative associations with dancing. I will get crap excuses like how dancing is for losers, or at clubs I will see a literal line of men who are afraid to dance or do anything, so they stand there and stare.

Now I'm not trying to be judgemental about people who can't dance. I am being judgemental about people who REFUSE to dance. Is there something wrong with dancing that I didn't pick up in my 9 years of dancing? If you don't think you can dance, you can learn by practicing. I assure you when I first tried to dance....oh wait I danced so well I drew crowds (no lie).

Damnit...but still, imo yous got sum asplaning to do.

edit: "presumptuous"

Flying Mullet
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I can't dance to save my life, but that's never stopped me from making an ass of myself on the dancefloor.

Peegee
08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I can't dance to save my life, but that's never stopped me from making an ass of myself on the dancefloor.

I wanna see vids of you, and anybody else who is shameless enough to admit this. <3 :D

Flying Mullet
08-22-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm shameless enough to admit it, but there are no videos of it.

Meat Puppet
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
I’m pretty much like Flying Mullet here—the only exception being that there are videos of me “dancing.”

Peegee
08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I’m pretty much like Flying Mullet here—the only exception being that there are videos of me “dancing.”

I would very much liek to view these vids.

hirez?

Bunny
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Why should I dance?

Lawr
08-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Dancing is for losers...

Fonzie
08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I do the monster mash.

Peegee
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
I do the monster mash.

Jamming.

Dancing is for losers...

Statements != valuable statements without an argument behind it. Why am I loser for dancing?

Lawr
08-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I do the monster mash.

Jamming.

Dancing is for losers...

Statements != valuable statements without an argument behind it. Why am I loser for dancing?

Because if I can't do it, no-one can! :mad2:

Fonzie
08-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Since when where you the dance expert?

Peegee
08-22-2007, 07:49 PM

He's the expert. It doesn't matter when. What he says goes.

-_-;

Bunny
08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
My question was not answered!

aquatius
08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I'll learn to dance when you learn to spell.

Miriel
08-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Majority of people have negative views of dancing? I haven't really seen much evidence of that. But then again 6 out of my 7 closest friends are dancers.

Dancing is an incredibly beautiful and expressive art form. Even when it's not done well, it's such an exhilarating experience to just let loose.

Fonzie
08-22-2007, 08:03 PM

-_-;

I was talking about you, but hey, whatever you want man.

Jojee
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I love dancing, but I never said I was good at it ;) Still, I can understand people not wanting to look stupid in front of 234098 other people. XD

Flying Mullet
08-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I love dancing, but I never said I was good at it ;) Still, I can understand people not wanting to look stupid in front of 234098 other people. XD
What about 234097 other people?

Jojee
08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
They all want you dead.

Peegee
08-22-2007, 08:16 PM

-_-;

I was talking about you, but hey, whatever you want man.

Blame the order of poasts, but I think my interpretation of the order of posts is fun.

Majority of people have negative views of dancing?

"presumptuous" poast.

LunarWeaver
08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't dance because I would have a shy attack and probably go into some state of panic. But I'm all for it when people enjoy doing it. Dancing is just like any other sport, and there are people who think it's fun and people who think it's boring. It's not like a requirement to living a fulfilling life or something.

bipper
08-22-2007, 08:22 PM

That sounds about right. I like slow dancing, rawking out, and so forth - but I just cannot get into the whole club scene rub down. That is by choice, and yes I often refuse to even try. :greenie:

Levian
08-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm doing you all a favour by not dancing. I inflict physical pain when I dance, not much unlike Sword Dance if you've ever played FFV.

Lawr
08-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm doing you all a favour by not dancing. I inflict physical pain when I dance, not much unlike Sword Dance if you've ever played FFV.

Or pokEman!

Rengori
08-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Or pokEman!

:nonono: SWORD DANCE ONLY GREATLY INCREASES ATTACK, IT DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE. :mad2:

That said, I can't dance for :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Big D
08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I know about a hundred medieval, renaissance and 17th century dances - so I can't really give a good excuse for not dancing. In fact, dance class is often a highlight of my week, sad as that might sound.

Shiny
08-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Because if I can't do it, no-one can! :mad2:
Everybody can can!

I only like to dance if I like the music and if other people around me are dancing. Otherwise I always feel like somebody's watching me.

The problem is with dancing is that not everyone is as flexible like Mr. Uehara who may very well be double-jointed. Some people end up looking all stiff and weird so they just refuse to dance to avoid humiliation.

That's not a problem at all imo. Solution: If you're in a club with music and a bunch of people dancing, just bob your head a bit. Something practically everyone can do without looking moronic.

That said, not all music is can be danced to the way some people are comfortable with. I think culture ties into that. The whole "white guy can't dance" thing probably only sprouted about from the notion that some white guys can't dance to Hip Hop music. When in reality, some are just aren't comfortable dancing a certain way.

But a lot of dance clubs play Hip Hop and Techno, so it's expected that people who come know how to dance to that kind of music as opposed to something like SKA that another person would be more comfortable with. I think that's generally why people have negative perceptions about dancing.

Psychotic
08-23-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm a white guy who posts on a Final Fantasy forum... so you bet your god damned left testicle I can dance.