PDA

View Full Version : Armor

Rye
08-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm doing Monster Arena, and I'm building myself two sets of armor for my main hitters, one for status protection, and one for general protection. I'm looking for armor with 4 slots completely empty. I think those armors are called Variable ______. Where could I get this somewhat easily?

Nifleheim7
08-22-2007, 06:41 PM
O'aka's brother sells armour with 4 empty slots.
He's to be found at Macalania forest,when you enter it from Thunder plains.
Peronally i think one armour is enough for each character if you equipe it with auto-haste,auto-life,ribbon and break hp limit (the last is optional).

BG-57
08-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Buy them from Wantz. He'll be available to sell them if you bought from him on Mt. Gagazet. Near the end of the game he should appear in Macalania Woods, if memory serves.

EDIT: What Nifleheim7 said.

Madame Adequate
08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Actually they're called Tetra. Variable is for a weapon.

Tidus - Variable Steel, Tetra Shield
Yuna - Malleable Staff, Tetra Ring
Lulu - Morhping Mog, Tetra Bangle
Wakka - All-Rounder, Tetra Amrguard
Kimahri - Shapeshifter, Tetra Armlet
Auron - Shiranui, Tetra Bracer
Rikku - Flexible Arm, Tetra Targe

Wantz in southern Macalania Woods sells these things for 100,000 gil each, after you've seen the Highbridge scenes when you have the airship permanently, and as long as you talked to him on Gagazet.

Edit: Ribbon does not, to my knowledge, exist in the NTSC-US version of the game, only PAL and NTSC-J (International).

Nifleheim7
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Edit: Ribbon does not, to my knowledge, exist in the NTSC-US version of the game, only PAL and NTSC-J (International).

Oh right,i forgot that.
I have the PAL version.
Btw what NTSC players use instead of ribbon?

Tavrobel
08-22-2007, 07:01 PM

It doesn't. It's only in the PAL and Int versions; the original NTSC-J does not have Ribbon, either.

Depending on your stats, you'll want either something akin to any combination of
BHPL
+Stats %
*proof
Auto-something

After 255 in all areas, you'll want
BHPL (optional)
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Shell
Random ability (optional)

Tetra equipment is sold in south Macalania Forest, as previously stated. They also drop from several enemies in the Omega Ruins, if you are in desperate need of levels; and you are in desperate need of levels. Always.

Rye
08-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Cool, thanks guys! I have my Tetra armors for my main 3 characters that I'm leveling up badcore: Tidus, Yuna, Auron. I have 2 per character. :]

jeo2388
08-24-2007, 07:42 AM
cool cool... but you know, just a sugestion, i would prefer using wakka instead of auron and rikku for healer instead of yuna.. wakka for offensive bcoz he has attack reels and it really boosts up turns having so many high damage hits, and rikku for her mix OD that really helps alot, but yuna is important to coz her summons relly help,well thats just me..:tongue: