PDA

View Full Version : Weird Monster Stuff

BG-57
08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I know that monsters have programmed gambits of their own, and that sometimes leads to weird happenings. While farming for Moondust from Mus in the Feywood I stumbled across a strange behavioral quirk in the Mirrorknights.

To save time I fled from every Mirrorknight encounter until I reached a Mu, usually in the clearing near the Henne Mines entrance. Their first action when I got in range would be to cast Reflect on themselves. Then they would take off in pursuit. By the time I stopped fleeing, two or three Mirrorknights would still be running after me and usually they'd just keep on running past me! It was like they were out jogging or something!

Has any monster done something strange in your game?

No.78
08-22-2007, 07:30 PM
That sounds funny!! But... No. =/

PuPu
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Well I have seen monsters fight with each other in various parts, if they count. Some of them are:

Tyranorox vs. Steeling bats (Henne Mines)
Archeoavis vs. Gorgimera (Zertinan Caverns)
Gizamaluke vs. Abyssal bats (Henne Mines)

BG-57
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
That is strange, now that you mention it. I saw some of the same battles, but I guess I didn't think anything of it at the time because I was used to the monster duels in Tactics.

Formalhaut
08-22-2007, 08:15 PM
The Fact that The Giza bunnies in Giza can heal you.
Gambit

Foe: Cure

Nifleheim7
08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Nothing strange for me,except the occasional monster vs monster or monster healing monster thing.

PuPu
08-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Gambit

Foe: Cure
Ironically, if you use Cure on them, they'll hate you.

Renmiri
08-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Yeah, that was sooo cute!

Bolivar
08-22-2007, 10:50 PM

Yeah, that was sooo cute!

kill the bunnies!!!

Nope, don't got nothing to say... saw the t-rex and bat fights tho...

Amundusias
08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, some monsters eat other monsters, but I don't know why it's called canibalize(which I think means eating your same species), yet the wild saurians in the desert "canibalize" on the wolves.

Formalhaut
08-27-2007, 02:45 AM
I just kill them if they don't heal me. Stupid rabbits...

The Mog Ninja
08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
I always kill the rabbits, they give Drab Wool.

Sam250
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
The whole monsters fighting other monsters is supposed to happen, i'm sure that in some interview or another somone mentioned that there would be interspecies battles. Think about really life, there are few wild animals that can live with each other.

I'm unsure about the Giza bunnies cure thing. Its possible that its a mistaken gambit, but remember that there have been other enemies in the FF series that cure you. I think the Giza bunnies are just another example of that.

BG-57
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
There's an interview on the FFXII bonus disc where a game designer mentions the bunny cure gambit. So that, at least, was meant to happen.

ValiantKnight
08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I've seen monsters fight each other.
As for the Mirrorknights, I've not seen that specifically. However I have noticed that all large upright standing bird-type mobs(bagoly, mirrorknight, urstixx?) tend to seemingly aggro from LONG distances, chase for long times, then sometimes just walk away for no reason. They act very strange and are honestly unpredictable. I've seen one come like I attacked it from across half the area to me, then stop, and kind of walk around before attacking.