PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Jarvio
08-23-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm having problems at the moment with chocobo breeding....

I am trying to get a BLUE FEMALE chocobo... I already have a GREEN MALE one, so need a blue female one to mate, so I can get the black one...

But whenever I mate the blue female's 'potential parents', it keeps giving me a GREEN ONE! Every time!

They are A CLASS. Has this got anything to do with it? I can get a green one, no problem, it's just blue that I can't.

What should I do? Any advice? Or is to keep trying all I can actually do?

It's doing my head in lol

Jarvio
08-23-2007, 01:16 AM
ARGH!

Now I'm finally getting blue ones, but they're the wrong bloody sex!

cloud21zidane16
08-23-2007, 01:56 AM
the easiest way-steps to follow

Catch a male and a female Good chocobo in the Gold Saucer Area.
Catch one male and one female Great chocobo in Mideel Area
Feed and train your four chocobos. Make them reach class B at least, class A if possible.
Mate the Good female chocobo and the Great male chocobo with a Carob Nut to get the Blue chocobo. After that, release the parents.
Mate the other two chocobos (Good male and Great female) with a Carob Nut to get a Green chocobo. Make sure that the Green chocobo you get is of the opposite sex of the Blue one. After that, release the parents.
Feed and train your Blue and Green chocobos. Make them reach class A at least, class S if possible.
Mate the Blue chocobo and the Green chocobo with a Carob Nut to get a Black Chocobo.
Catch a Wonderful chocobo of the opposite sex of your Black one.
Feed and train your Wonderful and Black chocobos. Make them reach class S.
Mate the Wondeful chocobo and the Black chocobo with a Zeio Nut to get a Gold chocobo.
Enjoy!:D

your doing fine just keep trying youll get the right sex eventually:)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-23-2007, 08:08 AM
If you are mating the correct pair (sex and location) then you should have no problem getting the right colour. I remember having absolutely no problem doing this when I did this quest. Logic says you should get a female one in every two tries. Maybe you're just being really unlucky

Jarvio
08-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the advice

I eventually got the right colour and gender, after many tries lol

I now have a black female chocobo, and am currently trying to catch a wonderful male chocobo, in the icicyle inn area. I keep getting either weak chocobos or a wonderful female chocobo lol, but I'll keep trying, bound to get there eventually.

Chocobo breeding is probably the most annoying thing in the entire game.

cloud21zidane16
08-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the advice

I eventually got the right colour and gender, after many tries lol

I now have a black female chocobo, and am currently trying to catch a wonderful male chocobo, in the icicyle inn area. I keep getting either weak chocobos or a wonderful female chocobo lol, but I'll keep trying, bound to get there eventually.

Chocobo breeding is probably the most annoying thing in the entire game.

yeah it can be very annoying:D it sometimes takes a while to catch a wonderful one too:p

Jarvio
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Got a gold one now! :D

But boy, did that take some time lol

Seal Evil
08-24-2007, 07:43 PM
But boy, did that take some time lol
Yeah, it took me ages too... but it's worth it in the end. :)