PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Masamunemaster
08-23-2007, 05:41 AM
YAY its coming back and I didn't have to wait til later in the year and the whole first season is coming to DVD

YAY

The Mog Ninja
08-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Topic is...?

Well, I might start watching Heroes. Looks decent. And by "looks decent" i mean the main character looks decent. :drool:

Namelessfengir
08-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Topic is...?

Well, I might start watching Heroes. Looks decent. And by "looks decent" i mean the main character looks decent. :drool:

which one?

im working nights now so ill have to tape it

The Mog Ninja
08-23-2007, 01:12 PM
The cheerleader Hayden Panetierre (sp?)

Peegee
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Pervs (or rather, teens). Since it's a superhero story I like all the male heroes. (ZOMG)

Seriously, when is the new season starting? I've been in Heroes withdrawal for a very long time now. I wants me some superpowered super fun!

ps: I wonder if they didn't make the heroes too powerful. I mean, a person who can stop time? How is it possible counter that?

Griff
08-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Anyone else see the irony in the self proclaimed KH King liking the girl who voiced Kairi?

Yeah, I can't wait for next season, mainly because I hate cliffhangers.

Germ Hamee
08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Anyone else see the irony in the self proclaimed KH King liking the girl who voiced Kairi?

Dude, I totally had no idea she voiced Kairi. LOL I'M SO OBLIVIOUS.

I was really, completely done with this show after the lousy season finale. Then they added Kristen Bell to the cast. Dammit.

Madame Adequate
08-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I was really, completely done with this show after the lousy season finale.

Really? I guess they must have made two different finales, because the one I saw was kickass.

Germ Hamee
08-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Really? I guess they must have made two different finales, because the one I saw was kickass.

They must have, because the one I saw was one of the worst cop outs I've ever seen. For a show that was normally so unpredictable, you can't really afford to have a climax that's so... anticlimactic and predictable. I know the writers know how to write a satisfying climax, just from the earlier episodes in the season. So I don't understand why they decided to make a season finale of people lining up to take a swing at Sylar, while standing around chatting about what's going on. If I wanted that kind of action, I'd watch Naruto.

tidus_rox
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
The show is good, however just like everyother thing I watch, I don't understand it. I don't think they had two different season finale:rolleyes2 . I will watch the second season, maybe I will become smarted sometime.

Madame Adequate
08-23-2007, 08:51 PM

They must have, because the one I saw was one of the worst cop outs I've ever seen. For a show that was normally so unpredictable, you can't really afford to have a climax that's so... anticlimactic and predictable. I know the writers know how to write a satisfying climax, just from the earlier episodes in the season. So I don't understand why they decided to make a season finale of people lining up to take a swing at Sylar, while standing around chatting about what's going on. If I wanted that kind of action, I'd watch Naruto.

Yeah they definintely made two different ones; the one I saw has only ever been complained about because the predictable ending of everyone kicking Sylar's ass was completely not what happened.

McLovin'
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Heroes and Lost NUMBA ONE

Jojee
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
ps: I wonder if they didn't make the heroes too powerful. I mean, a person who can stop time? How is it possible counter that?

Sylar did, somehow! Remember? :p

I can't wait, <3 Heroes.

I got the first season on DVD in early July, LOL. Yay China.

McLovin'
08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Sylar is alive and we will learn how he "gets" his powers in the next season.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, the thing about the finale that annoyed me was the fact that Sylar was killed that easily. :/ But still, I can't wait for the new season. :D

Slothy
08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Well, the thing about the finale that annoyed me was the fact that Sylar was killed that easily. :/ But still, I can't wait for the new season. :D

He's not dead.

Albel
08-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Coooool, a second season, I cant wait. But its going to be a long wait since im in england and they only just showed episode 8.

XxSephirothxX
08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I watched the entire season of Heroes, and I thought it got progressively lamer as it went on. Hiro was generally entertaining and a few of the other characters were okay, but in general it seemed like either the acting or the writing was under par. The story was such an obvious ripoff of Watchmen it was insulting; sure, the finale was different, there was a biggest cast, etc., but the basic premise was virtually identical. And that "alternate future" episode was absolutely laughable, it was so bad.

All Heroes has done is convince NBC that sci-fi is now "in," so instead of one tolerable sci-fi show on Mondays there will be something like four, and I'm sure most of them will suck even more than Heroes did.

Sergeant Hartman
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Heroes is awesome, I've watched a few episodes but I keep missing them :/

f f freak
08-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I loved Heroes and watched the whole season on the internet.(Yay For internetz!!) I was kinda dissappointed by the ending. The only good bit was Niki smashing Sylar in the face with whatever the hell it was. Hiro was hilarious. Can't wait for the next Season.

The Mog Ninja
08-24-2007, 05:50 AM

I forgot she voiced Kairi, actually ^.^

Masamunemaster
08-24-2007, 06:05 AM
september 24 2007 is when season 2 begins again

August 28th is when season 1 comes out on DVD

Season 2 is when hiro learns how to use his powers and that is all I know of

No.78
08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Lost>Heroes

Heroes->Overrated

Heroes is ok I watched the first season on the internet, but it was awfully silly, and quite predictable.

The Unknown Guru
08-26-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm really, really, really, really, REALLY pissed that they did a second season. The first one was great. The last episode of season one would've made a great conclusion to the whole thing, but NO, they have to go and see how long they can milk the thing. Rargh.

The Mog Ninja
08-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm really, really, really, really, REALLY pissed that they did a second season. The first one was great. The last episode of season one would've made a great conclusion to the whole thing, but NO, they have to go and see how long they can milk the thing. Rargh.

I'm unfamiliar with popular shows that aren't Animes to have one season.

Masamunemaster
08-27-2007, 04:43 AM
You all should actually give this show a chance and not pretend it is the guy down the street that gets the mail in his underwear

Del Murder
08-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Can't wait for season two. Heroes can be cheesy at times but it is pretty good. The finale was a letdown but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is one of my most anticipated shows.

I do agree that it's lame that Heroes' success has lead to the thought that sci-fi is 'in', resulting in what looks like a bunch of dumb new shows. But maybe some of them will be good.

Miriel
09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Was anyone else disappointed with the premiere?

I thought it kind of sucked. There were a few good elements here and there, but overall pretty blah.

I'm also really annoyed that the Heroes creative team, completely copped out of their original game plan to make their show revolutionary in that each season would be separate and unique "volumes" rather than the normal sort of season, following season, following season. Very disappointed.

Flying Mullet
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
It wasn't too bad. They set up some decent questions, such as who from the original group is killing their old comrades. I'm already tired of Maya and her brother's story. Yeah, it's another "freak" that doesn't understand their powers. I guess I'm jaded after the first season, but I just don't care.

Of course, the best part was Hiro's hero being a gaijin drunk. That's awesome. xD

Craig
09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Peter having amnesia is so boring, couldn't they think of something better?

Slothy
09-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Peter having amnesia is so boring, couldn't they think of something better?

Depends on why he has amnesia. I'm hoping it's not because of the explosion, which is a possibility. He turned up handcuffed inside a shipping container in Ireland. He certainly didn't put himself there so I hope the amnesia is related to whoever did.

Did you even watch the finale? Syler was still alive, Hiro had vanished, and (an obvious one especially after the seaon premiere) the company was still alive and kicking. It didn't wrap up much at all.

Anywho, the premiere raised more than enough questions and plot threads to have me excited. Things like who's killing the original group of people? Who is causing the little girl's nightmares? Are they the same person? Why is a drunken Englishman Hiro's hero? Also, people can say they're dissapointed with the creators of the show not starting a totally new volume with new characters, but anyone who really expected that were dreaming. They hit on a show with a popular premise, and more importantly, popular characters. Even if the creators wanted to change things around every season, I doubt the network would let them, or that most fans would stay on board for such drastic changes.

Kirobaito
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Just a thought...

Nathan bumped into Ando right before Ando gave the newspaper to Mr. Nakamura, right? And he was with his mother right before she found the picture, right? That would need some explaining, but maybe Nathan is the assassin... It would be better if it was another member of the original group.

The Unknown Guru
09-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Did you even watch the finale? Syler was still alive, Hiro had vanished, and (an obvious one especially after the seaon premiere) the company was still alive and kicking. It didn't wrap up much at all.

Yes, but it just seemed so... added on. Unnatural. They could have just as easily had Sylar be dead and Hiro vanish to someplace in the present.

Miriel
09-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Also, people can say they're dissapointed with the creators of the show not starting a totally new volume with new characters, but anyone who really expected that were dreaming. They hit on a show with a popular premise, and more importantly, popular characters. Even if the creators wanted to change things around every season, I doubt the network would let them, or that most fans would stay on board for such drastic changes.

I knew when I heard it that it was a bit unbelievable. But if they did do it, if they did it right, it could have been a remarkable new step for television.

I hate people who talk big only to back out in the end. Why say you're gonna do something, if you know that you're not gonna? When the creators of Heroes came and spoke to my class, the show was already a hit. They knew that people had already fallen in love with the characters and actors of the show. Why, at that point, would they look us in the face and say that they were going to do a whole new and revolutionary concept for television? Ridiculous bullcrap.

Del Murder
09-26-2007, 03:19 AM
It was meh, but I'll keep watching. Prison Break's premiere was better.

Masamunemaster
09-26-2007, 05:59 AM
I have a feeling that the assasian isLinderman

Also I like the way they did everything you know; hiro messing with past so he has to fix it, nathan not wanting attention, and claire trying not to fit in, but I have one question: what wasup with Nathan in the mirror? side effect of the explosion? or is there something more to it

Roogle
09-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Also, people can say they're dissapointed with the creators of the show not starting a totally new volume with new characters, but anyone who really expected that were dreaming. They hit on a show with a popular premise, and more importantly, popular characters. Even if the creators wanted to change things around every season, I doubt the network would let them, or that most fans would stay on board for such drastic changes.

I knew when I heard it that it was a bit unbelievable. But if they did do it, if they did it right, it could have been a remarkable new step for television.

I hate people who talk big only to back out in the end. Why say you're gonna do something, if you know that you're not gonna? When the creators of Heroes came and spoke to my class, the show was already a hit. They knew that people had already fallen in love with the characters and actors of the show. Why, at that point, would they look us in the face and say that they were going to do a whole new and revolutionary concept for television? Ridiculous bullcrap.

I agree, Hannah. I was excited when they mentioned that the cast would be revolving and that they had numerous plots and character stories in the works.

Unfortunately, the show reminds me of Survivor because all of the unpopular characters get killed or disappear with unplausible explanations. Do you know who my favorite characters were?

I liked Eden, then Simone, then Isaac, then DL. Look what happened to all of them. I can't wait to hear the dopey explanation as to why there is no DL in Season 2.

I heard a lot of complaints last season because Sylar was too powerful and it was becoming like The Sylar Show or something. I hope they tone him down or make him threatening in another way. You don't have to be killing half the cast to be a villain.

Randgris
09-26-2007, 06:21 AM
I loved Heroes and watched the whole season on the internet.(Yay For internetz!!) I was kinda dissappointed by the ending. The only good bit was Niki smashing Sylar in the face with whatever the hell it was. Hiro was hilarious. Can't wait for the next Season.
It's a parking meter. Heroes Season 2 is nearing my country. Plus there's a three-episode marathon every Sunday night. :love:

Germ Hamee
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow. The premiere was incredibly cheesey. Is Heroes normally this cheesey and I just never noticed? The only parts of the episode I enjoyed were the bits of Claire in school. It seems that Hayden's the only actress in the show capable of pulling off her lines without sounding like a fan-person acting out a comic book page in a Comicon skit.

Let's just get to Kristen Bell and her inevitable death/disappearance so I can stop watching already.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-26-2007, 04:43 PM
dang! I forgot how many people were on this show! Premiere was ok...set up heaps of stuff! Im more excited about the orginal group plot thread and the fact that Kristen Bell is gonna come in!

Oh and theres gonna be 2 volumes this season compared to last seasons one long volume!

oh and i still dont like suresh...i was hoping they'd kill him off already but no...someones gotta do the voice over!

as for the whole plot line in general...i think people would probably more pissed if they changed the whole cast in a new season...huge changes like that (while it might be interesting) might backfire..(well it kinda did for alias)! I'll reserve judgment i guess when i see how the whole season pans out but yeah premiere was just ok!

OT: someone mentioned it but yeah prison break was awesome (after a pretty dissapointing season 2 lol)

Masamunemaster
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I wish suresh would be gone to but he can't go because then who would find the cure seeing as nobody else is smart enough. *sarcasm*

Also I heard it was going to be 11 episodes this season so they could make every season come quicker or something like that

McLovin'
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Peter liiiives!

Kirobaito
10-02-2007, 03:10 AM
I don't know how I didn't realize this before, but it's seems apparent that Angela's power is to detect other people's powers. That's how she knew that Peter and Nathan were special and that Parkman was in her head.

Masamunemaster
10-02-2007, 03:19 AM
took you that long(plainly given in the episodes) tehe

:cry: :cry: :cry:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-04-2007, 06:42 AM
awesome the hatian is back!!!

its weird everyones one is scattered around the world...cant wait for the time when they're all gonna comming back together (well i hop[e they all see each other again lol)

and does parkman really not know ando!? (im sure they've met in season 1 somehow!?) Gotta love Hiro though and atleast suresh seems to be less annoying now lol!

Masamunemaster
10-04-2007, 06:48 AM
i know that parkman and ando met b4, but what makes me wonder is peter; we know to use his powers he must remember the people who used them first and how they made him feel, but he can't remember anything. so do you see what I'm saying?

Peegee
10-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Not really -- Peter acquires the powers of anybody he encounters. So while he doesn't know why he has those powers, he should still have the power.

Which is why at first I was wondering how he was bleeding. Anyway, I want to know where Sylar got the power of ice blast, since it was never shown as far as I know in season 1.

Del Murder
10-05-2007, 02:08 AM
i know that parkman and ando met b4, but what makes me wonder is peter; we know to use his powers he must remember the people who used them first and how they made him feel, but he can't remember anything. so do you see what I'm saying?
That's only for him to use them at will. He can lose control and they just randomly come out at times, ie the season finale where he blew up.

I don't think Parkman and Ando ever met, unless it was in the alternate future. Pretty weird if they never met, though.

Didn't Sylar use ice power in season one when he fought Hiro? At his mom's place?

MecaKane
10-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Didn't Sylar use ice power in season one when he fought Hiro? At his mom's place?

That's how he killed Molly's parents, wasn't it?

Masamunemaster
10-05-2007, 07:28 AM
The ice blast is how hiro lost his sword, sylar snapped it in half

Azalar
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Im still watching Series One. Its on BBC2 in the UK.
Were up to the Episode where the Cop has been suspended & Sylar has escaped.
Plus Peter has vanished with the Invisible Man [No pun intended]

Randgris
10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I want to know where Sylar got the power of ice blast, since it was never shown as far as I know in season 1.

He already got it from an earlier victim, probably the unnamed victim from Barstow. I like the idea that he killed them and ate their brains and he'll go like, "yum, yum brains are my favorite.. Hey have you eaten brains before?

The Unknown Guru
10-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Damn. Im sucked in. *violently protests while simultaneously watching new season, then slaps self in face for hypocrisy and comes to senses*

Yay, Haitian. Yay, Bennet machinations. Boo, Central American twins. Boo, flying perv boy. Boo, predictibility of what Hiro is doing. Yay, drunk gaijin that apparently came back to life.

My money is on Kensei being immortal and eventually being Linderman. Think about it. Immortality, British accent, seems to know everyone...

Del Murder
10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Not a bad theory Guru. Hopefully at least the immortality part is true so that whole sequence actually goes somewhere.

Kirobaito
10-06-2007, 12:47 AM
The graphic novels show Linderman as a young man fighting in Vietnam, learning about his power, from what I understand (I've never read them). So that theory, while good in, well, theory, can't really be true.

Masamunemaster
10-06-2007, 07:35 AM
We all know though that Linderman is the one that killed hiros dad and is going after peters mom; but I lost interest with linderman, what was his power?

Madame Adequate
10-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Kirsten Bell must be a really fantastic actress for everyone to care about her appearence here so much. :monster:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Masamunemaster: thats impossible because DL put his hand into lindermans brain in the season 1 finale so linderman cant have killed him! and Lindermans power was healing...anything he touched or put his hand near would heal!

i dont know im usually wrong in this but the person who killed Hiros dad might be the same person who confronted parkman at the police station when molly was there in season one!? imean i dunno if it was sylar cause the guy took parkmans bullets then got up and kinda flew away!

MILF: Not only is she hot but yes she can act! Have u not seen Veronica Mars?

Madame Adequate
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Nope, it looked crappy and boring. But my point was, the way people are acting about her impending appearance, it's like she's De Niro or something. Which I somehow doubt.

Masamunemaster
10-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Well then who knows lindermans limits just like everyone elses powers just keep coming

scrumpleberry
10-08-2007, 08:29 PM
i dont know im usually wrong in this but the person who killed Hiros dad might be the same person who confronted parkman at the police station when molly was there in season one!? imean i dunno if it was sylar cause the guy took parkmans bullets then got up and kinda flew away!

Well, it will have been one of the old twelve, so I think it'll be a new character.

I HATE West. Urrrrrgh.

"Hay Claire I'm making intelligent conversationalz about aleins and robots lol." Obnoxious.

Masamunemaster
10-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Gosh why do they have to give us so many cliff hangers like the box, snd what do you think about sylars position? I think its all and illusion by the girl tjatmakes illusions.

Pouring Rain
10-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Heroes is one of the best shows ever.

LunarWeaver
10-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I like this new season. And I like Claire's new boy too :aimblush:

Although I'm glad Peter is alive, I'm not sure I approve of this whole... gangsta thing. Peter and Hiro are both so powerful that they are constantly given excuses to be away from everybody else. Hiro is always doing some faraway quest :( But I like the new season all the same. Poor Molly!

Flying Mullet
10-09-2007, 07:39 PM
My money is on Kensei being immortal and eventually being Linderman. Think about it. Immortality, British accent, seems to know everyone...

Not a bad theory Guru. Hopefully at least the immortality part is true so that whole sequence actually goes somewhere.
Agreed. It would be a fun plot twist. Plus, it would explain how he had the sword in his collection and has collected so much cool stuff over time.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
the episode was alright finally get to see some of "old" characters back however i did NOT like DL's death how parkman survived and he didnt is beyond me i hope theres some kind of explanation!

Getting abit tired of the Maya/Alejandro plot thread....lol they really didnt see the police on the other side of the road?...lol!

Are they trying to make West the new Zach cause they're failing miserably...interesting development on the last painting though it doesnt look good for Claire and West!

did anyone else get reminded of lost when they showed Sylars location lol

dunno maybe im just redonkulously impatient after season one but i hope things move forward and quickly!

Miriel
10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
A lot of the stuff in the new season is stupid. Stupid and lame.

The only story mildly interesting to me right now is Hiro's and that's just cause Hiro is so cute and so is David Anders. Aside from that, everything is pretty blah.

Del Murder
10-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Hiro's story is fun, but it better tie in somehow.

loza
10-10-2007, 03:43 AM
i don't understand how Peter Patrelli can come back
And how that chick can make people bleed from the eyes*shivers*:(

I'm sure it'll get better:D

I still think that sequales spoil the first series a bit...... but they couldn't NOT do another series :rolleyes2

Vincent, Thunder God
10-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Is it as good as Lost Seasons 1 and Prison Break Seasons 1-2? If yes, I'll check it out.

Masamunemaster
10-10-2007, 06:02 AM
I am also wondering who the doc that helped sylar out was, since they were alone in a big jungle

and I thought of something.......... wouldn't the creators of heroes love to see all the questions we ask

Del Murder
10-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Is it as good as Lost Seasons 1 and Prison Break Seasons 1-2? If yes, I'll check it out.
I would say it's on par with those. Season 1 that is.

Germ Hamee
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM

The first half of Heroes first season is close to the same level of quality as those shows. Then it all goes down hill and has turned into this big steaming mess we're all enduring. If you don't like to be disappointed, I would suggest not bothering at all.

Flying Mullet
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I am also wondering who the doc that helped sylar out was, since they were alone in a big jungle
My thoughts are that the girl only gave the illusion that he hit/killed her, or that someone else is controlling the illusions and that she isn't real and that Sylar is in some facility where he is being tested and/or observed, kind of like being in the Matrix. It would explain why he never gained her powers..

Raebus
10-10-2007, 03:40 PM

I´d say prison break overall is a better watch than heroes, but heroes is still good.

Masamunemaster
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
My thoughts are that the girl only gave the illusion that he hit/killed her, or that someone else is controlling the illusions and that she isn't real and that Sylar is in some facility where he is being tested and/or observed, kind of like being in the Matrix. It would explain why he never gained her powers..

That's what I thought at first

scrumpleberry
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Candice is real. There was a graphic novel of her backstory on the website.

Linderman can't be Kensei, there was a graphic novel of his backstory on the website as well. I'm almost 100% certain these are canon.

Also, Zach was a good character. West is just a stupidhead.

Peegee
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Candice/Michelle is real. She can project complicated realities upon the world, detectable by electronic devices, somehow (in the alt future episode Sylar uses it)

The thing I need to check is whether Candice/Michelle was still conscious because Nikki knocks her out and she changes form, but not to the overweight girl.

Sylar has a damn powerful ability now :o

Vincent, Thunder God
10-12-2007, 01:29 AM
I would say it's on par with those. Season 1 that is.

The first half of Heroes first season is close to the same level of quality as those shows. Then it all goes down hill and has turned into this big steaming mess we're all enduring. If you don't like to be disappointed, I would suggest not bothering at all.

I´d say prison break overall is a better watch than heroes, but heroes is still good.

Thanks for the replies - that coupled with my extended family raving about it has made me decide to try it out. I think I'll have to either buy season 1 or rent it first though, or just try a few new episodes despite having no idea what's going on.

Masamunemaster
10-16-2007, 07:47 AM
I noticed something, claires car is the one that alejandro and sylar are in.

Jess
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I have no idea what you people are talking about. We're still on the first season here in England.

Del Murder
10-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Nice, I didn't get that one.

Masamunemaster
10-17-2007, 07:38 AM
I have no idea what you people are talking about. We're still on the first season here in England.
Im sorry

I didn't til I rewound the tivo like 7 times

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-24-2007, 07:26 AM
phew no twins in the new one! i think that made it a better episode already lol!

Flying Mullet
10-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I missed it too. I wonder if that's intentional or if the show made an in-show advertising-type deal with that car's manufacturer.

Germ Hamee
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
It's in-show advertising. Hiro and Ando were driving a Nissan in the first season as well, and there's ads all over the official website for Nissan. Heroes has a lot of that kind of stuff, like the big bright Sprint logo glowing off Elle's phone in the last episode.

Peegee
10-24-2007, 02:24 PM

So that guy in the prison who later dies stole the car and drove to Mexico? What a small world we live in. I wonder what significance this will have, if any.

Flying Mullet
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM

So that guy in the prison who later dies stole the car and drove to Mexico? What a small world we live in. I wonder what significance this will have, if any.
I thought he lied about having a car and stole one after they escaped the jail so they would help get him out of prison.

Masamunemaster
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
No because he said take me I have a car just so they would take him with them

Strider
10-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Parkman's dad is a very bad man.

Germ Hamee
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow. I totally forgot Claire's car was stolen. That foot of mine doesn't taste so good when it's stuck in my mouth.

Peegee
10-25-2007, 07:19 PM

I thought he lied about having a car and stole one after they escaped the jail so they would help get him out of prison.

I'll watch the eps this weekend as I have some free time now to confirm, but I vaguely remember a large SUV-ish vehicle. That's black. Too big a coincidence :)

Kirobaito
10-25-2007, 07:27 PM

I'll watch the eps this weekend as I have some free time now to confirm, but I vaguely remember a large SUV-ish vehicle. That's black. Too big a coincidence :)
I haven't re-watched it, but I remember reading that it had a bumper sticker of Claire's new HS on it. It's definitely the same Rogue.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
for all we know guy couldve skipped school, noticed claires car was unlocked and went out to mexico for a bender and got caught by the cops!

sounds re-donkulous but i reckon present time kensei might be Elle's (electric chick) dad!

Masamunemaster
10-26-2007, 06:34 AM
I highly doubt that.

aquatius
10-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I will not watch Heroes. Because I would be confirming. Which is bad.

Flying Mullet
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
What would you be confirming?

Vincent, Thunder God
10-27-2007, 10:25 PM
What would you be confirming?

I think he meant to say conforming.

Madame Adequate
10-28-2007, 03:56 AM

You do realize that rejecting something because it is popular is exactly the same as attending to something because it is popular, yes?

Miriel
10-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Heroes is sucking so hard right now. I'm really disappointed.

Peegee
10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Heroes is sucking so hard right now. I'm really disappointed.

I'm loathed to agree, but really, remember the first season never got good until much later in the series.

When Peter teleported to the future by mistake, I was pretty sad that the storyline might mirror the first season. I hope not.

McLovin'
10-30-2007, 04:09 PM
They need some shocking moment soon...

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Guys, in regards of Hiro Nakamura (played by Masi Oka), I'm afraid that his situation has devolved into another "The Last Samurai" clone; worse, he might be on his way to become the designated eunuch of the series, in the tradition Long Duk Dong (from Sixteen Candles) and Zulu (played by George Takei from Star Trek).

The Unknown Guru
10-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Historical inaccuracies FTW! Guns were in Japan long before 1671, and the Emperor was completely irrelevant during the Edo period.

Madame Adequate
10-31-2007, 02:13 AM
Show needs more focus. It should focus on FEWER than half a dozen characters per episode, not MORE.

Miriel
10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Historical inaccuracies FTW! Guns were in Japan long before 1671, and the Emperor was completely irrelevant during the Edo period.

Heh, is that your main problem with that storyline? :p

Time travel stories always bug me if they're not done properly. Heroes doesn't do it properly. But I can ignore it cause Hiro and Kensei are so cute.

Germ Hamee
10-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Wow, New York is in danger. I never would have guessed it! I wonder what unexpected turn awaits me in the next gripping episode of Heroes. :O

Madame Adequate
10-31-2007, 12:57 PM

Time travel stories always bug me if they're not done properly. Heroes doesn't do it properly. But I can ignore it cause Hiro and Kensei are so cute.

Unless it's only on a quantum level, nobody does it properly.

Miriel
10-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Unless it's only on a quantum level, nobody does it properly.
Time traveler's wife did it pretty much perfectly.

Masamunemaster
11-01-2007, 04:13 AM
It said 93% of people were dead, YAY Im in the 7%

Del Murder
11-01-2007, 05:56 AM
I am seriously pissed that they are using the exact same storyline again.

McLovin'
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Wow, New York is in danger. I never would have guessed it! I wonder what unexpected turn awaits me in the next gripping episode of Heroes. :O

A bomb explodes in the future sending Peter back to Montreal in present time!?!! OLOLOLOLOL

Germ Hamee
11-01-2007, 11:49 PM
A bomb explodes in the future sending Peter back to Montreal in present time!?!! OLOLOLOLOL

It'll be worth it if it kills that irish girl! :D

Masamunemaster
11-02-2007, 03:56 AM
helz yeah

KoShiatar
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM

Also, when they read Hiro's notes in the present time, the historian should realize on the spot that something's wrong. The Japanese writing system has been truly fixed in the present form after World War II, and you can see clearly in the notes that Hiro uses modern ortography.

Roogle
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm also really annoyed that the Heroes creative team, completely copped out of their original game plan to make their show revolutionary in that each season would be separate and unique "volumes" rather than the normal sort of season, following season, following season. Very disappointed.

Hannah, didn't you say that the creative team went to speak at your school or something?

I remember hearing about the plans for an ensemble cast and how the story was going to continually change focus from character to character and how the widespread evolution affects their daily lives. Now, with the exception of Monica, Maya, and Alejandro, everyone is involved in some sort of large conspiracy or dead.

Madame Adequate
11-02-2007, 05:41 PM

Also, when they read Hiro's notes in the present time, the historian should realize on the spot that something's wrong. The Japanese writing system has been truly fixed in the present form after World War II, and you can see clearly in the notes that Hiro uses modern ortography.

That never even occurred to me, but now that you point it out it's really obvious that someone writing 335 years ago would likely have a different style in many ways to someone writing today.

Miriel
11-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Hannah, didn't you say that the creative team went to speak at your school or something?

I remember hearing about the plans for an ensemble cast and how the story was going to continually change focus from character to character and how the widespread evolution affects their daily lives. Now, with the exception of Monica, Maya, and Alejandro, everyone is involved in some sort of large conspiracy or dead.

Apparently, somewhere along the line, they lost their collective balls and bailed on the innovative idea to REALLY change it up from season to season. They sat there in front of 300 students and told us that they were gonna revolutionize TV. Bunch of bullcrap. They got scared, and they did NOTHING different. Pfft. Pansies.

Roogle
11-05-2007, 05:51 AM

Apparently, somewhere along the line, they lost their collective balls and bailed on the innovative idea to REALLY change it up from season to season. They sat there in front of 300 students and told us that they were gonna revolutionize TV. Bunch of bullcrap. They got scared, and they did NOTHING different. Pfft. Pansies.

Their revolutionary ideas echoed in the ratings successfully. As I recall, the series' ratings were at its peak in the first handful of episodes and slowly went down after the episode about Claire and her father, Company Man.

The ratings plummet lower than ever as more and more characters from last season become involved in a spiralling conspiracy. Ordinary people with extraordinary powers? Not anymore. Ordinary people don't take down esoteric organizations.

Del Murder
11-05-2007, 06:25 AM
The show got too successful and they didn't want to risk doing something new. It's our faults for watching it, really.

Roogle
11-05-2007, 04:35 PM
That risk in doing something new may not fare too well for the show. Did you know that that spinoff, Heroes: Origins, was cancelled?

XxSephirothxX
11-05-2007, 04:50 PM
It's pretty sad that the original storyline dealing with the bomb, which they're apparently reverting back to, now, was very obviously a reworked version of what happens in The Watchmen. Maybe this means they're not very good at even coming up with one original plot. :p

SammieBabe
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
That risk in doing something new may not fare too well for the show. Did you know that that spinoff, Heroes: Origins, was cancelled?

I saw an interview w/ Tim Kring the other evening. He said that it has not been cancelled, just postponed due to the Writer's Guild Strike..

Flying Mullet
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I didn't think it was a bomb. I thought the flier Peter picked up was referring to an outbreak, and that outbreak is the mutation of the virus that Suresh is currently working on and is scared about.

Griff
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I didn't think it was a bomb. I thought the flier Peter picked up was referring to an outbreak, and that outbreak is the mutation of the virus that Suresh is currently working on and is scared about.

Sounds like it could be the plot of a zombie movie.

Oh wait, its the plot of dozens of them.

Kirobaito
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, yeah, but it's still "Heroes get a glimpse of a post-apocalyptic future and so must stop it in the present."

Flying Mullet
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Well, yeah, but it's still "Heroes get a glimpse of a post-apocalyptic future and so must stop it in the present."
Very true.

Madame Adequate
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Sounds like it could be the plot of a zombie movie.

Oh wait, its the plot of dozens of them.

All other things being equal, if Heroes turns into a zombie show, I'll watch it religiously, many times a day.

Masamunemaster
11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I still will watch it, maybe they will surprise us with something

Miriel
11-06-2007, 12:52 AM
I think one of the major issues right now is that there are just too many characters. The switching back and forth and back and forth, forgetting some characters in one episode, forgetting others in the next, switching between storylines, etc etc. It's just not working.

And it doesn't help that some of the characters just suck balls. Claire has got to go. She really really has GOT TO GO.

Madame Adequate
11-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I think one of the major issues right now is that there are just too many characters. The switching back and forth and back and forth, forgetting some characters in one episode, forgetting others in the next, switching between storylines, etc etc. It's just not working.

And it doesn't help that some of the characters just suck balls. Claire has got to go. She really really has GOT TO GO.

That is absolutely my main problem with Heroes right now. Too many characters doing too many things. Matt and Nathan weren't even in the last episode, for instance, despite being in the middle of some super-cereal business.

Claire doesn't even seem relevant anymore.

Kirobaito
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Encouraging is that in the previews tonight, they did at least SAY that some storylines would be combined... whether or not that happens, we'll see, but I can hope.

Miriel
11-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Alrighty boys and girls, here's some unsubstantiated gossip for ya.

Today has been going slowly, but we are filming. The picketing group is standing out at the main gate, but not covering the other gates here. So people are driving in through the other gates.

Since the picketers were not here until 9AM, the whole crew was already in long before that time. I have had some later actors coming in, but they’ve had no issues.

Today may rank as the hardest day I’ve had to work since I got into this business. Been trying not to throw up. To partially quote David Mamet: “I have broken every law I have sworn to uphold, I have become what I beheld, and I am NOT content that I have done right.”

On another front, I have been advised by a source on “Heroes” that Tim Kring has quit the series. Apparently the network was making him remove storylines that could not be wrapped up in the existing episodes that are now being finished. This caused wholesale rewrites of three episodes over the past week and weekend.

And on the lot where “Heroes” shoots, there was an incident at the picket line where a PA working on another show ran over the foot of one of the picketers.

I can tell this is going to be a wonderful week already.

Comment by an AD on THIS (http://artfulwriter.com/archives/2007/11/dead_and_alive.html#comments%22) writer's blog.

Dunno if it's true or not, but :o if it is.

Peegee
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I hope that isn't true. I tend to think that once the original creator leaves the show or the show changes stations, the writing becomes rampantly out of control. See Sliders for example.

Germ Hamee
11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
So, basically the show is beyond saving at this point? It seems so, especially if the creator's leaving. With ratings dropping as they are, it'll take a miracle for them to crawl out of this mess when the writer's strike is over.

Was this past episode worth watching? Anything significant happen?

Griff
11-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Was this past episode worth watching? Anything significant happen?

The end of the feudal arc.
The defeat of an enemy.
And an unexpected person from the past shows up to meet with Peter.

McLovin'
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey I thought it was a good episode. :)

Peegee
11-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Summary:

- Feudal saga is over. Hiro blows up NPH, but obviously he has regenerative abilities. I expected him to still be alive, but the ending still surprised me (read on)
- Parkman's storyline with the Boogey man is over, it seems. Looks like Parkman's powers are like his fathers' , though I have no idea what it is exactly
- Peter's visit to the future ends abruptly, separated from his love interest. Very curious how this will be resolved. If they change the present the altered future cannot be accessed by time travel any more
- NPH, supposed to be alive, manages to live until the present. Looks like those who argued he is Linderman are wrong.

NPH = Neil Patrick Harris. Think about it.

Madame Adequate
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Ending of that episode caught me off guard and was, admittedly, kickass.

- Peter's failure to bring Caitlin back with him was an interesting twist. I'm sure he'll still save her somehow, and chances are she has latent powers, but for now I'm content to think she's been consigned to a doomed future.

- Adam Munroe = Takezo Kensei = win on a grand scale, tbh. However it was too quick and unsubtle a tie-in with the end of the feudal arc. Would have been best in two, three episodes time.

- Episode was significantly better and more controlled than the last one. I didn't feel like we were jumping between characters too much and every time a new scene came up it was one I cared about.

- Future wasn't given enough exposition. Too many things were taken for granted, cf., why would they be deporting foreigners? Useful plot point for seperating Peter and Caitlin, but in practise if something killed 93% of Earth's population nationalities would cease being relevant. Moreover, the inevitably limited resources would not be used to ferry someone across the ocean. Whatever is left of the infrastructure would be needed entirely to move remaining military, political, and survival personnel/equipment.

- Some general shortcomings/lack of thought on the writers' parts. I dunno about anyone else, but if someone asked me "Even with your powers what can you do against an army?" I wouldn't wait until nightfall and then teleport 30 feet. Noah... does Noah just keep that picture as his background or screensaver or something? I know it's something he's obsessing over, but it's just rough around the edges, the way they do it. Anyone could just glance at his screen and see it.

- Can't wait for Mohinder to blow Noah away.

McLovin'
11-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Summary:

- Feudal saga is over. Hiro blows up NPH, but obviously he has regenerative abilities. I expected him to still be alive, but the ending still surprised me (read on)
- Parkman's storyline with the Boogey man is over, it seems. Looks like Parkman's powers are like his fathers' , though I have no idea what it is exactly
- Peter's visit to the future ends abruptly, separated from his love interest. Very curious how this will be resolved. If they change the present the altered future cannot be accessed by time travel any more
- NPH, supposed to be alive, manages to live until the present. Looks like those who argued he is Linderman are wrong.

NPH = Neil Patrick Harris. Think about it.

Parkman's power is that he can control another person's brain. Thus he can read their mind and make them see things and stuff.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-07-2007, 04:48 AM
The episode was pretty awesome the only major thing that ruined it for me ait was bratty Claire (oh how she lost some major points lol!) That ending was pretty good lol cant wait for next week lol!

The Unknown Guru
11-07-2007, 05:01 AM
Summary:

At least I/we was/were close.

Miriel
11-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Claire needs to DIE. Just die until she's dead.

Also, West is creepy. Creepy in that psycho-stalker, whacked in the head sort of way.

Del Murder
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
West sucks, but this was a good episode. Perhaps the last good one. No writers = bad TV.

-N-
11-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Yes, probably the last good one. Adam Munroe ftw.

Miriel
11-08-2007, 02:54 AM
*Hannibal Lecter voice*

Hello. Claire.

I've brought Waffles for you, Claire.

Won't you try some of my waffles, Claire?

I've been watching you, Claire.

I want to be with you Claire.

West is a freak!

Del Murder
11-08-2007, 03:03 AM
:laugh:

Flying Mullet
11-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Here's an interesting interview with Tim Kring:
''Heroes'' creator to fans: I'm super sorry | Heroes | TV News | TV | Entertainment Weekly (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html?xid=rss-CNNHome-20071108-%27%27Heroes%27%27+creator+to+fans%3A+I%27m+super+sorry)

McLovin'
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Great. One less show to worry about.

Peegee
11-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I wonder what will happen with Heroes? With the Writers Guild strike they won't be able to create new scripts/story lines, as far as I know, but they do have the story set for the 11 episodes of this season. I guess we will have to put up with the story writing until WGA strike is over.

Though I have no idea what the problem with the show is. My only complaint is that they are sort of rehashing the first season with the 'disaster in the future' story. I guess since they have time travelers in the storyline, this can't be helped, but sheesh.

McLovin'
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Kristen Bell is rawr.

Kirobaito
11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Kristen Bell is rawr.
A-freakin-men, brotha.

LunarWeaver
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
D.L. has been shot like 400 times :jess:

I always find the Nikki stuff to be boring. It just seems like the same exact scene over and over with her. Oh well... Lightning chick is fun at least.

Del Murder
11-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Good episode. I'm afraid that once it starts getting good the writers' strike will catch up to them and there will be no more. :(

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-16-2007, 01:42 AM
damn only three episodes left till the volume finishes!! hope this strike ends soon!!

what a cool episode though (the fact that there was no Claire and no Mohinder helped as well lol!!) i just wish they started with these kind of eps earlier!

Madame Adequate
11-16-2007, 02:32 AM
NOT EVEN DOOM MUSIC CAN SAVE DL!!! Epic lol at that.

Good episode though. Things are coming together nicely now and we're seeing a greater thread.

I do like the way we've got multiple factions now who are all ambiguous.

SammieBabe
11-16-2007, 04:10 AM
I wonder if there will be a tie-in to Claire and Adam, being as they are the first two with the same ability.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-16-2007, 11:09 AM
^ Its the same with West and Nathan! With someone that annoying...there has to be a reason why his in the story...(other than a love interest for Claire)

Germ Hamee
11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
So let me get this straight: They locked Adam up because he... doesn't age? Uh. Jealous much?

Overall an okay episode. I'm not sure what I think about the cop out, because even though it pisses me off, I still loved the "Holy sh-!" throw back. They got the pacing down a lot better this time, too.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
That was by far the strongest episode of the season! I dont know why i keep expecting for Suresh's character to be redeemable (i just wish they kill him off already!)

2 episodes left and its finally going up a few gears (well for me season 1 started to get better after they saved Claire)!

GH: I think it is a classic case of mutany! Adam was the person who brought the 12 together then he started making plans about killing heaps of people (like the bomb or the virus...somthing like that). Some of the original group disagreed with his plans so they locked him up to prevent him from executing his plans of...WORLD DOMMINATION lol...yeah but seriously....thats what i get from all that exposition lol!

Miriel
11-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I liked this episode. Claire is still a stupid ass. The cop is really starting to bug me. I like Mr. Bennett, he's fierce.

McLovin'
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Woot! Bennet lives!

"Holy "

Madame Adequate
11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Oh man, I thought this episode was pretty killer, tbh.

SammieBabe
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm waiting for the epic Adam vs. Hiro fight. Hubbie has the hots for Hayden Panettiere, so he's all bothered for a Claire vs. Elle...

Griff
11-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Claire vs. Elle...

I hope they fight in the mud.

Miriel
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Aww, I absolutely LOVED the interaction between Hiro and Sark when they were friends. Why does Sark always end up the bad guy when he's so cute being the charming if albeit mischievous nice guy? :( :( :(

McLovin'
11-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Woot go Hiro!

Masamunemaster
12-04-2007, 07:15 AM
sorry I havent been on in a while ladies, but OMFG they are killing me with the suspension.GGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Miriel
12-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Nathan is not dead. *yawn*

Why even pretend to have suspense when we all know that they can just bring people back with a little transfusion of blood?

What would have been a much more interesting storyline would be to have the Shanti virus actually go loose, and the Heroes would have to scramble like crazy to stop it somehow, and all the while people are them are dying like crazy. That would have been sweet. But no, just predictable stuff all around. Well, except the live burial, that was kinda freaky and unexpected. Poor Sark!

Germ Hamee
12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
The only part about the finale I liked was the possibility of Elle finally offing Sylar. Of course it didn't happen, but it was nice seeing him get blasted a couple times.

They've faked so many deaths up to this point that I just don't believe them any more. They might as well unbury Adam, hook him up to some hoses, and turn him into the bloody fountain of life.

McLovin'
12-04-2007, 05:18 PM
I love Sylar.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Finale was pretty good! still prefered 'cautionary tales' but i guess it was ok! Still dont like Mohinder and Maya (though im interested to see what she'll do next) Peter's stupidity amazed me (seriously! he was going to believe adam and kill Hiro...no cookie!) i felt bad for Niki and Nathan...only cause their storylines felt non existed (he better not be dead...HRG looks like the main suspect)..they kinda just popped up from time to time!

hmmm i think the episodes individually were pretty good but the overall arc was kinda lacking (especially Peters amnesia arc)...atleast this volume didnt go any longer than it had to! Cant wait for Vol. 3 Villians!

The Unknown Guru
12-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Maya is laaaaaame. Her story had better go somewhere.

Masamunemaster
12-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I think mayas will, I mean she hasn't yet learned how to kill only one person at a time

Flying Mullet
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Nathan is not dead. *yawn*

Why even pretend to have suspense when we all know that they can just bring people back with a little transfusion of blood?
I don't know if you have to have the blood transfusion within a certain time frame of the death for it to work. Of course, if it could bring anyone back, what would happen if you injected someone that's been dead for a year? Would the regenerate to their former self or would there be so much tissue damage that they'd look like the walking dead?

LunarWeaver
12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
They could introduce new rules, but I must agree with Miriel that a lot of suspense is gone with this magical revival blood. And they're always all "Go for the head! It's the only way!" Well, Noah got shot right in the effin face and he still lived, so they'll probly bring Nathan back. Hmm, I wonder if Peter's blood would work if he was thinking of Claire at the time of extraction.

I still wonder why there are a few double powers showing up. Maybe they just ran out of ideas after all.

Madame Adequate
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Episode was fairly meh. Frankly I'd much prefer to see it if it had in fact gone public, and then we'd be able to get back to the ordinary people, extraordinary situations thing which Heroes was supposed to be. That could tie in with the whole Sylar thing, and how everyone deals with the fact that some of these people are really incredibly powerful and use it for evil ends.

Assassin was not HRG, build looked completely wrong.

Burying Adam alive was awesome, though. Even though he's inevitably coming back, because being invulnerable he could just plain dig his way out even if it took a year.

Masamunemaster
12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
yeah I could see them doing that