PDA

View Full Version : Super Hard challenge

Ashley Schovitz
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I hear everyone say here all the tinme that KHII is far too easy even on proud, but i founfd that not to be so true on my third playthrough. Seeing as the game seemed too easy on my first two i decided to make the game as hard as possible. I started the game on proud mode, but I refuse to use any weapons but the defaults including Donald and Goofy. I also agree to no use of armor. Accessories can be used, but just for increasing AP or drawing items.

With this new take on the game I think I've died about 30 times already and it was fustratingly hard going through Beast's castle for a second time on lvl 36 not to mention that I can't keep my party members alive especially during boss fights for more than 25 seconds all I have to say is thank God for Mickey during Xaldin, but I had to fight poor Demyx over 7 times.
Has anyone else tried this?

Formalhaut
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Poor Demyx? Hows about Poor Sora (Well at Least Sora can come back -_-)

Im still on my 1st playthrough, and its EASY. On Easy mode anyway... the only battle I had the slightest bit trouble was Xladin. But the HARDEST ever was Demyx Round 2. I still can't beleive i did not die once in that battle. *Kill 10 of his water forms in 10 seconds!* When I 1st saw that i was like *WTH!!!*

Goldenboko
08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Poor Demyx? Hows about Poor Sora (Well at Least Sora can come back -_-)

Im still on my 1st playthrough, and its EASY. On Easy mode anyway... the only battle I had the slightest bit trouble was Xladin. But the HARDEST ever was Demyx Round 2. I still can't beleive i did not die once in that battle. *Kill 10 of his water forms in 10 seconds!* When I 1st saw that i was like *WTH!!!*

Everything is easy on easy mode. Everyone should play at least Normal, easy shouldn't exist :P

Anyway. Lowest Level V. Seph still seems harder then this.

PuPu
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I can't keep my party members alive especially during boss fights for more than 25 seconds
Here are two things that are good to remember:
1. Spam Reflect to avoid almost any attack.
2. When you use Drive and go into one of Sora's forms, all HP and MP is restored. Then you can use Revert to go back to fighting the way you normally did, except now you are fully healed. (Of course, you have to be careful not to get Anti-Form)

Ashley Schovitz
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I can get knocked out in three hits with the way I'm playing now. Two if an enemy does a big move on me first. I used reflect alot on those big red Heartless that like to throw bombs, but even if I do change into a form I can stll use up all my mP again and when I sued reflect during that dragon boss fight in Mulan's agaisnt that lightning attack it does when the whirlwinds fade, it hits my party members instead I guess because they stand to close to me acyaully whenever I do use reflect my party members still end up getting hit by the attack why won't donald use it too, I never see him use it?

Formalhaut
08-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Unlike KHI When Donald learns his spells with Sora, Donalds Magic Capability has been reduced, he can Only Cast Fire, Blizzard, Thunder and Cure.

Donald gets his Spells:

Fire: Defeat Thresholder in your 1st visit to beast's Castle.

Blizzard: Disarm the Trap at in The Cave of Wonders (1st visit)

Thunder: Donald Begins With It?

Cure: Donald Begins With It?

SeeDRankLou
08-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I believe Donald starts with Thunder and Cure.

Formalhaut
08-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Hmm maybe thats why I could not find why.

Ty!

But why would you start with Cure? Its a great skill to have, why have it too early?

Lawr
08-24-2007, 01:36 AM
I've never played KHII on an easier difficulty than Proud and I think it's easy, even if I try not to get too strong, the only actual problem I had was that last tournament.

PuPu
08-24-2007, 01:51 AM
I've never played KHII on an easier difficulty than Proud and I think it's easy, even if I try not to get too strong, the only actual problem I had was that last tournament.
Hades Paradox Cup? I'm pretty sure you have to be level 99 with all Forms and Summons maxed to enter it, and even then, it is still quite tough.

Lawr
08-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Hades Paradox Cup? I'm pretty sure you have to be level 99 with all Forms and Summons maxed to enter it, and even then, it is still quite tough.

Yeah the one where you do it alone. I don't have my game anymore so I couldn't remember the name. Although, it was pretty hard, all I had to do was just increase my stats and I became a tank.

PuPu
08-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah, and I forgot one more thing that might be helpful to you Ashley.

- When you use Limits, you are invincible. When I had first played KHII, I thought that Limits were utter crap. Until I had discovered this. While you are using a Limit, attacks will have no effect on Sora. The only exception to this rule is Sephiroth's attack: Descend Heartless Angel.

Tavrobel
08-24-2007, 04:47 PM

You can be whatever level you want, as long as your total Specials Level is 50 (max most of the forms/Summons).

Ashley Schovitz
08-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm not really having a problem it's my own fault that I'm playing like this and plusn I can't use limits or drives forever too. All this stuff is just to increase the ante and lack of difficulty.