PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Tifa

Andy C
08-23-2007, 09:41 PM
My friend is cosplaying Tifa, I think she already looks a bit like her. Not a lot but slightly. She isn't asian and from what I've heard Tifa is.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4097/snv30405fl7.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9354/snv30397xp3.jpg

Anyway the point is I'm making her costume, doing her make up, hair etc and I was wondering if anyone could help me or give me advice?As Final Fantasy VII fans cause I'm just good at sewing lol I'm not really into the game. is her skirt leather or PVC? should I buy some hair dye?:confused:

Captain Maxx Power
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Thankfully you've got an easy time on your hands since Tifa wears next to nothing in the game itself. Here's a reference picture;

http://www.ffsynthesis.net/ff7/characters/tifa.jpg

From what I can tell this is a basic list of materials;

- Two white earrings
- White tank top
- Black fingerless wrist coverings
- Red leather gloves w/ metal buckles
- Metal elbow covering for the left arm
- Bandages to cover left glove
- Leather bracers, black w/ buckles
- Leather belt, black w/out buckle
- Leather microskirt, black
- Black woolen socks
- Red boots
- Metal covering for left boot
- Red hair-tie

Hope that helps.

Andy C
08-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Aww great!
Thats a good reference picture.

Thanks for that, I sound like a fag but should I dye her hair lighter, give her make up?

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Aww great!
Thats a good reference picture.

Thanks for that, I sound like a fag but should I dye her hair lighter, give her make up?

I think her hair's just fine, she can probably just go with whatever make-up she usually wears n.n

Andy C
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Ok cool. Hopefully she look alright, its my balls on the line. =/

Captain Maxx Power
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok cool. Hopefully she look alright, its my balls on the line. =/

I didn't realise that poor cosplay costumes resulted in castration. If that's the case, judging by the average quality of cosplay there's a whole load of eunichs out there.

Avarice-ness
08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Personally, I think she'd make a -perfect- advent children Tifa. She has an innocent esque face and I think she'd make a better AC Tifa then half-covered Tifa.

Captain Maxx Power
08-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Personally, I think she'd make a -perfect- advent children Tifa. She has an innocent esque face and I think she'd make a better AC Tifa then half-covered Tifa.

AC Tifa is slightly more complex and, arguably, less recognisable than standard Tifa. I don't know about you, but if I picture Tifa in my head I generally picture her FF7 outfit rather than the AC one, simply because I spent relatively more time with the game than the movie.

Still for the sake of completeness here's an AC Tifa;

http://www.anime-remix.com/action-figs/images/ff_tifa.jpg

- White Tank Top
- Black Sleeveless Zip-up leather jacket
- Black leather gloves
- Pink Ribbon
- Dungaree "flap"
- Knee-length black cloth shorts w/ tied tassles above the knee
- Black leg-length cloak attached to top of the hem of shorts
- Black and white converse trainers (yes, they are actually converse sans logo)
- Black laces/ties for shoes

The hardest part by far would be the shorts/cloak/dungaree bit, since it would have to be all one outfit and stiched accordingly.

BG-57
08-24-2007, 03:02 AM
While the FFVII version of Tifa's ensemble is more recognizable, it is not flattering to her. I can't begin to count how many people get the wrong idea about Tifa, simply from the way the game designers chose to dress her.

The AC costume, while not quite practical, looks a lot more realistic. It suits her personality and profession a lot better. So I'd say go with the AC look.

Bolivar
08-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I can't begin to count how many people get the wrong idea about Tifa, simply from the way the game designers chose to dress her.

she's a strong and beautiful woman!!! lol...

Andy C
08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Everyone says my friend looks like Tifa but she doesn't know which Tifa, cause apparently the game tifa/movie tifa look very different, I don't know which one to make now. =/

Nifleheim7
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM
She isn't asian and from what I've heard Tifa is.

Umm,unless i've gone blind,your friend is asian (or at least half asian).

As for the costumes,the AC has a much better design but is more complex as previously stated.
If i were you,i would go for the original outfit.It's the one that most people asociate with Tifa and it's easier to make.

Andy C
08-24-2007, 10:35 PM

As for the costumes,the AC has a much better design but is more complex as previously stated.
If i were you,i would go for the original outfit.It's the one that most people asociate with Tifa and it's easier to make.

She isn't she gets that a lot of ppl think she is Japanese but she is Native American a very light Native American.

Goldenboko
08-24-2007, 10:46 PM

She isn't she gets that a lot of ppl think she is Japanese but she is Native American a very light Native American.

Well, Native Americans are originally from Asia. ;p

Andy C
08-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, Native Americans are originally from Asia. ;p

See, I didn't know that. lol