PDA

View Full Version : Gender Equality

Shiny
08-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Some people do spring cleaning and I do summer cleaning. As I was rummaging through various old school papers I stumbled across a gender inequality worksheet. It consists of a few true, or false statements pertaining to gender equality/inequality.

So the topic is simple. Just answer each statement with either true, or false. The correct answers will be posted next Thursday on the 30th of August. Please keep in mind that not all of these questions may be true, or false for your country so try to answer in a general sense. And please don't cheat. Has fan! :)

Let's see how good you are...(make Anaisa proud)

1.) In 1998, if a woman was a victim of sexual discrimination she could sue.
2.) All-male public military schools must admit women to continue receiving public funding.
3.) If a male wanted to go to a high school geared towards girls and a female wanted to go to a high school geared towards boys, then the schools would have to admit them.
4.) If there are 10 women's sports teams in college and 9 male sports teams in the same college, then one of the women's sports teams will have to eliminated.
5.) As late as 1978, pregnant women could be denied a job or a promotion.
6.) One of the primary anti-feminists was a female.
7.) As recently as 1994, the wanted ads in the newspaper were segregated by gender.
8.) About 30 years ago, if you were a married woman, your husband could legally rape you.

Lawr
08-24-2007, 02:40 AM

ROFLMFAOOTFLOTFROFLMFATOOFTL

1.) True
2.) False
3.) True
4.) False
5.) True
6.) True
7.) True
8.) True (I wish that were really true.) :jokey:

Rye
08-24-2007, 02:42 AM
1.) T
2.) T
3.) T
4.) F
5.) T
6.) T
7.) F
8.) T

Evastio
08-24-2007, 02:57 AM
True

2.) All-male public military schools must admit women to continue receiving public funding.
False

3.) If a male wanted to go to a high school geared towards girls and a female wanted to go to a high school geared towards boys, then the schools would have to admit them.
False

4.) If there are 10 women's sports teams in college and 9 male sports teams in the same college, then one of the women's sports teams will have to eliminated.
False

True

True

7.) As recently as 1994, the wanted ads in the newspaper were segregated by gender.
True

8.) About 30 years ago, if you were a married woman, your husband could legally rape you.
True

Tavrobel
08-24-2007, 03:00 AM
1. True
2. False
3. False
4. True
5. True
6. True
7. True
8. True

Rengori
08-24-2007, 03:25 AM
True
False
False
False
True
True
False
True

Araciel
08-24-2007, 03:31 AM

who is anaisa?

also, if i choose C for every answer, i'll get 60 percent right?

Shiny
08-24-2007, 04:03 AM
who is anaisa?
A French leprechaun.

also, if i choose C for every answer, i'll get 60 percent right?
No.

These were my answers and I got some wrong:

1.) T
2.) F
3.) F
4.) T
5.) T
6.) F
7.) F
8.) T

oddler
08-24-2007, 04:49 AM
1.) True
2.) True
3.) False
4.) False
5.) True
6.) True
7.) False
8.) True

:confused:

Araciel
08-24-2007, 04:51 AM
oi i have no earthly idea, and any answers i give would be simply based on personal opinion.

Aryn
08-24-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm gonna say true, though, that says nothing about how successful it was to sue.

I'm going with true on this again...

Geared tours? How do you mean by that? Geared toward something and exclusively something are two different things. True again is my guess.

Title XI. True.

True.

Was? There are still famous anti-feminist females. True.

I wouldn't be suprised. True.

True. Still happens that husbands rape their wives, and it's hard for her to prove that still, but ya know...

Rengori
08-24-2007, 05:17 AM
1.) T
2.) F
3.) F
4.) T
5.) T
6.) F
7.) F
8.) T

Hey, the answers go the same forward as they do backwards! TFFTTFFT!

Captain Maxx Power
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM

True. Though not named as such, sexual harassment cases have been going back as far as the 1970's

False.

False. Entry into secular schools is based on the individual criteria of the school, and they are not legally obliged to allow entry.

False. Despite pertaining to "sexual equality", it is not a requirement for a school to have the same number (or indeed, uneven numbers) of clubs or teams.

True. The practice is still, unfortunately, common these days. The law states that current employees are allowed medical benefits akin to sick leave whilst on maternity leave, but there are no laws in place to prevent that person being denied a job or promotion because of being pregnant.

True. I believe this question may be referring to Phyllis Schlafly.

No idea about this one. I'm going out on a limb and saying False.

True, though it's worth mentioning many countries/states in America didn't enforce spousal rape as a crime until the last decade, and in some cases classified it as a minor crime akin to pickpocketing.

bipper
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
FALSE: Genders are not equal.
TRUE: Bipper > u.

Peegee
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Some people do spring cleaning and I do summer cleaning. As I was rummaging through various old school papers I stumbled across a gender inequality worksheet. It consists of a few true, or false statements pertaining to gender equality/inequality.

So the topic is simple. Just answer each statement with either true, or false. The correct answers will be posted next Thursday on the 30th of August. Please keep in mind that not all of these questions may be true, or false for your country so try to answer in a general sense. And please don't cheat. Has fan! :)

1.) In 1998, if a woman was a victim of sexual discrimination she could sue. 1998? I don't think so
2.) All-male public military schools must admit women to continue receiving public funding. Interesting question. I'm going to say yes
3.) If a male wanted to go to a high school geared towards girls and a female wanted to go to a high school geared towards boys, then the schools would have to admit them. This makes no sense and I'm going to say no. If the answer is yes I hate USA's whoever makes these laws
4.) If there are 10 women's sports teams in college and 9 male sports teams in the same college, then one of the women's sports teams will have to eliminated. Eliminate a woman's team? That's sexist. I say no
5.) As late as 1978, pregnant women could be denied a job or a promotion. Of course, but only because they go on several months of maternity leave, while men do not have these leave times. Several months is enough time for another employee (whether a man or a woman who isn't pregnant) to justify being promoted

edit: you mean if you get pregnant, and are unemployed? Not many people will hire a pregnant woman, but my rationale for not doing it is that she may not be a consistent employee when it comes to attendance. But that's pretty mean, and besides guys with kids get jobs. I'm going to go with no on this one too
6.) One of the primary anti-feminists was a female. Esthar Vliar = female. I'm a fan of her
7.) As recently as 1994, the wanted ads in the newspaper were segregated by gender. I think this is true
8.) About 30 years ago, if you were a married woman, your husband could legally rape you. I'm going to get yelled at, but you can't rape property. That was the rationale, I believe

Legal mumble jumble: My responses reflect my understanding of the times, and does not necessarily reflect my beliefs.

Zeldy
08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
1.) T
2.) T
3.) F
4.) T
5.) T
6.) F
7.) F
8.) T

*shrug*.

Captain Maxx Power
08-25-2007, 12:57 AM
FALSE: Genders are not equal.
TRUE: Bipper > u.

Goe goe ultimate win maneuvor!

yanis
08-25-2007, 01:59 AM
:yap: 1.) In 1998, if a woman was a victim of sexual discrimination she could sue.
:nonono: 2.) All-male public military schools must admit women to continue receiving public funding.
:nonono: 3.) If a male wanted to go to a high school geared towards girls and a female wanted to go to a high school geared towards boys, then the schools would have to admit them.
:nonono: 4.) If there are 10 women's sports teams in college and 9 male sports teams in the same college, then one of the women's sports teams will have to eliminated.
:yap: 5.) As late as 1978, pregnant women could be denied a job or a promotion.
:yap: 6.) One of the primary anti-feminists was a female.
:nonono: 7.) As recently as 1994, the wanted ads in the newspaper were segregated by gender.
:yap: 8.) About 30 years ago, if you were a married woman, your husband could legally rape you.

Meat Puppet
08-25-2007, 02:10 AM
False
True
True
True
False
False
True
False

Raistlin
08-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Some of those questions are stupid and I would be skeptical of some of the answers. "The newspaper" (like there's only one newspaper), "high school geared towards boys/girls" (what does that even mean? Is that the same as an all-boys/girls school?), and others could differ due to state laws. Most crimes are not federal crimes. Anyway.

<b>True</b>
<b>False</b> (educated guess)
<b>False</b>
<b>True</b>
<b>True</b> (if they can't now, that's stupid. "We can't not hire you do to your pregnancy despite the fact you'll likely be leaving us for a while due to maternity leave and we might actually need this job done during that time if it's a high-skilled position or something.") Woah, personal decisions may affect who's willing to hire you. Big surprise.
<b>True</b>
<b>False</b>, depending on if you mean ALL newspapers or "some newspapers somewhere."
<b>True</b> (again, may differ by state, but I know that almost all states (if not all) at one point had "marriage" as a completely mitigating factor to rape statutes.

Rocket Edge
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
1 - F
2 - F
3 - F
4 - T
5 - T
6 - T
7 - F
8 - T

It's hard to really judge, i'm guessing thats the American laws your talking about.

Shiny
08-31-2007, 05:33 AM
1.) False
2.) True
3.) Flase
4.) True
5.) True
6.) True
7.) False
8.) True