PDA

View Full Version : Money Talks! Don't let them fool you!

Lawr
08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
A deep-sigh for us all... (http://omg.yahoo.com/nicole-richie-quickly-sprung-from-jail/news/1935) :(

Strange how these celebrities get away with these things.

Peegee
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm slowly starting to realise that I can't depend on a lawyer to fight for me properly if he or she is court assigned. All the nice lawyers did (and do) for celebs is actually care about the law enough to find reasons to prevent extended jail time.

Unless jail time is part of the celeb's plan for success. Like OJ

The Ceej
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
A lot of people think that, because celebrities are role models, that they shouldn't be held as accountable for their crimes as the rest of us. If that isn't smurfing stupid.

Fine. We can say celebrities are role models. But that doesn't make them held less accountable for their crimes. It makes them held more accountable. To show the rest of us what happens when people break the law...even if they are rich and famous. Celebrities (and other role models) should have a 50% greater sentence than the rest of us. And we don't need to keep hearing about it in the news.

I remember when all the news was talking about was Paris Hilton going to and coming from jail. I don't care! Tell me about something that is news.

Back on topic: If celebrities were held more accountable than the rest of us, it would kill two birds. Celebrities would be less likely to commit crimes because they know their wealth and fame won't save them and it would be a deterrance for the rest of us. People wouldn't be going, "Oh, Winona Ryder did it. How bad can it be?"

Old Manus
08-24-2007, 07:22 PM
NEWSFLASH: YOUNG FEMALE IN SHORTER JAILTIME THAN USUAL SHOCK

I don't care.

ReloadPsi
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM
DIS IS A VOL-CAY-NO!

Ah well, it'll be awesome when the death penalty is reinstated. Try buying your way out of hell bitches! BWAhaha!

strawberryman
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Ah well, it'll be awesome when the death penalty is reinstated. Try buying your way out of hell bitches! BWAhaha!

Hear, hear. :D

Really, despite how much celebrities get away with, it still sickens me to my core. I vote public hanging. Sell tickets. And give the money to people who need it or something.

Rengori
08-24-2007, 09:55 PM
California's got a huge prison overcrowding problem if you aren't aware, and it states in the article that nonviolent offenders sentenced for less than 30 days are released in 12 hours.

82 minutes is far too short though.

Meat Puppet
08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Doesn’t bother me. I usually count on them destroying themselves, anyway.

Psychotic
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
I'd rather have her released instead of a murderer, rapist or a paedophile, but maybe that's just me.

Lawr
08-24-2007, 11:34 PM
California's got a huge prison overcrowding problem if you aren't aware, and it states in the article that nonviolent offenders sentenced for less than 30 days are released in 12 hours.

You believe that?

Rengori
08-24-2007, 11:40 PM

You believe that?

Yes, because I'm not a total retard. Just because other non-violent releases from prison aren't reported doesn't mean I don't assume it only happens to Nicole Richie (but I still think 82 minutes is too short)

Avarice-ness
08-24-2007, 11:41 PM

Hear, hear. :D

Really, despite how much celebrities get away with, it still sickens me to my core. I vote public hanging. Sell tickets. And give the money to people who need it or something.

YOU'RE THE LIKE THE WORST GREED EVER, GET OUT OF HERE. And give me the money you make off tickets. It doesn't sicken me one bit!

I say if you can buy people off, that's the guy who got bought off's own problem!

Behind Power there is money, without money you have no power. People with money have the power. People use their power to save their rears.

HIGHFIVE TO NICOLE RICHIE FOR USING HER POWER! I'd do it in an insant. :mad:

Lawr
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Drink driving was it?

She'll be back in, or die trying

strawberryman
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
YOU'RE THE LIKE THE WORST GREED EVER, GET OUT OF HERE. And give me the money you make off tickets. It doesn't sicken me one bit!
Or perhaps, instead of using money, just break out. ;)

Rengori
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Or perhaps, instead of using money, just break out. ;)

Or, here's a wild though, just wait the 12 hours and save yourself the money and the trouble.