PDA

View Full Version : SPARTANS! Tonight, we dine... in HECK!

Goldenboko
08-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Simple enough thread topic, where is your favorite place to eat out around where you are? What kind of food is it? Describe the place!

My absolute favorite place to eat out has to be this place called Diako: Jerry San's Sushi. Absolutely delicious sushi, and sushi is win. The place is nice, and the Sushi Chefs are fun, its a nice place to eat in general.

mooglebunni608
08-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Kyoto. It's actually about 45 minutes away but it's closer to my school so it counts as close.
They have the most amazing teppanyaki <3 and they have a sushi roll- that's got salmon and crab and asparagus and they dip the whole thing in tempura and fry it and then they slice it- *drools* Oh. Em. Gee.
I love it so much~!!!

Madame Adequate
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm a fat Westerner. I like Burger King, Hardee's, and Pizza Hut. :D

Sergeant Hartman
08-24-2007, 04:53 PM
SUBWAY

Resha
08-24-2007, 04:55 PM
McDonald's. SO DEPENDABLE.

Goldenboko
08-24-2007, 04:55 PM
SUBWAY

That reminds me of a place we have around he called Jersey Mikes, 1 billion times better then Subway :p

Although that doesn't count as eating out for me because we always take the subs home.

McDonald's. SO DEPENDABLE.

McDonalds sucks, I can make better burgers.

Resha
08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
But can you make better McFlurries?

Goldenboko
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
But can you make better McFlurries?

Probably.

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I bloody love multi-choice polls.

Wendy's was nice. But ye dinnae gettum in England.

mooglebunni608
08-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I also love Burger King, even though I shouldn't.

Spicy ckicken crispy's for a dollar :heart: *drools*

Disco Potato
08-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I like In-&-Out :drool:. We haven't been there in a while, but I also pretty much like all the food from this one Pakistani place called Ashyana. Then there's Rainforest Cafe, which also has a lot of yummy stuff and is the most fun out of the three places to eat at :jess:

In-N-Out Burger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger)
Cuisine of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_Pakistan)
Rainforest Cafe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainforest_Cafe)

VorpalCyberWolf
08-24-2007, 05:27 PM
I've always been a fan of the Main Stream Red Robin, but otherwise I get taken out to eat at various places around town, including Saggio's, Copelands, and Fridays. But aside from those, I usually end up eating at places that are open 24 hours, like The Frontier right next to campus or the old reliable IHOP.

McLovin'
08-24-2007, 05:47 PM
California Pizza Kitchen!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Burger King or McDonalds. But I don't like to be seen eating their stuff let alone be seen hanging inside their restaurants

Peegee
08-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Moxie's. They have this amazing dessert called a white chocolate brownie. I get fat just describing it.

/wants

Roto13
08-24-2007, 06:28 PM
It used to be a place called India Bistro (because Indian food is awesome) but I don't go there any more because Agrias got hired as a bus girl there and she wasn't treated very well. :P

Zeldy
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
McDonalds and Subway. Mcdonalds if Im skint, and Subway if I have a few £££. From Mcdonalds I order a Milkshake, McChicken Sandwich and chips. From Subway it's a Hearty Italien 6" baguette with chicken, cheese, and salad. yumm

Breine
08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't really have a favourite spot, but my parents - especially my dad - is crazy about this restaurant in a nearby town. I agree that it's great, but he just goes over the top everytime he talks about it.

When I eat out it's usually just at either McDonald's or Sunset. It's quick and pretty tasty - especially Sunset.

ReloadPsi
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Pizza Hut (Pizza), the Wetherspoons near the bus station in Lancaster (pub lunch, sometimes curry too), and uh, just places with pub lunch in general :P

Miriel
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
The Loft - casual Hawaiian food. They have the BEST fried chicken I have ever tasted in my entire life.

Sushi Umi - Fantastic Japanese food. And they have great bento plate combos that are pretty affordable considering that Sushi is often fairly expensive.

Flippers - Big juicy freshly made burgers. WITH BACON! It's this really casual diner place with a bit more upscale menu. I mean, they have sandwiches on focaccia bread! You don't see that at most burger places. They also have breakfast served all day. Score.

Hodori - Korean food 24/7. Seriously, you could go to this place at 3 in the morning and it's still full of customers (usually college kids chowing down after a night of partying). I go here all the time. They have fantastic kimchi soup and fried rice.

El Faro - Super yummy Mexican food. Not Mexican food as in Taco Bell or Del Taco, but like, REAL Mexican food. I looooove their burritos.

Soot Bull Jeep - Korean BBQ cooked over a charcoal grill. I think this place has the best Korean BBQ in the WORLD. And seriously, I've been to so many Korean BBQ places, I know what I'm talking about. This is a sort of hole in the wall sort of place, but the meat is sooo succulent and flavorful and you come out smelling like meat. A shower after eating here is a must.

Banana Bay - Cheap good Thai food. A big chunk of BBQ chicken, a gigantic mound of fried rice for like $6.00. Fantastic.

Proxy
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
I like Quiznos. Delicious.
But when I'm in the mood for some great food, I'll go to Shoeless Joe's.
I think some of you should know what it is.
For those that don't.
A casual place to eat. Not fancy in the least. Good food. Bar. You're trypical eattery.

Polaris
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't usually eat out, but when we do, my family and I go to typical restaurants where they have huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge steaks Yummi! :D

oddler
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
The Kabuki Japanese Steakhouse is has the best food/environment/cost/sentimental ratio so that one. :choc2:

Hambone
08-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Kyoto. It's actually about 45 minutes away but it's closer to my school so it counts as close.
They have the most amazing teppanyaki <3 and they have a sushi roll- that's got salmon and crab and asparagus and they dip the whole thing in tempura and fry it and then they slice it- *drools* Oh. Em. Gee.
I love it so much~!!!

You live in Japan?

I love eating at Taco Bell (who doesn't), Jack in Teh Box, Buca di Beppo (awesome Italian place), and the Olive Garden (another awesome Italian place).

Miriel
08-24-2007, 09:49 PM
and the Olive Garden (another awesome Italian place).

=X

Olive Garden is... I don't even have words for what Olive Garden really is. They serve pre-packaged, frozen, microwaved food! Why eat out if you're not going to get freshly prepared food? I think Olive Garden completely butchers the wonderful and rich culinary tradition of Italy. And their commercials piss me off. The fact that they try and pretend to serve traditional Italian cuisine is ridiculous and insulting.

Their salads and soups are ok though. :o

oddler
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
and the Olive Garden (another awesome Italian place).

=X

Olive Garden is... I don't even have words for what Olive Garden really is. They serve pre-packaged, frozen, microwaved food! Why eat out if you're not going to get freshly prepared food? I think Olive Garden completely butchers the wonderful and rich culinary tradition of Italy. And their commercials piss me off. The fact that they try and pretend to serve traditional Italian cuisine is ridiculous and insulting.

Their salads and soups are ok though. :o

Gonna have to agree about the food, there. I'm pretty keen, Commander Keen, on the environment, though. Super duper service, too. Eating out there is a nice experience even if the food isn't the best.

I Took the Red Pill
08-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Joel's Frontyard Steakhouse. I had a job there once, too.

Rengori
08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't really have a favorite place, though Taco Bell's quesadillas are fucking awesome.

Aralith
08-25-2007, 01:33 AM
I don't really have a favorite place, though Taco Bell's quesadillas are smurfing awesome.

I am in complete agreeance with this.

That, and Red Robin's are probably my two favorite places.

Avarice-ness
08-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Well when I lived with my dad we ate at texas Roadhouse atleast once a week, but then he gone and moved off to another country!

So now I only get Texas Roadhouse when I make good grades. :(

Leen-Leen
08-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Well when I lived with my dad we ate at texas Roadhouse atleast once a week, but then he gone and moved off to another country!

So now I only get Texas Roadhouse when I make good grades. :(

Oooh, I like Texas Roadhouse. The atmosphere there is fun, and it's funny when they start line dancing. xD I also like this small restaurant where I live called Osaka Sushi, they have deliciouss sushi, and it's always fun sitting in the sushi bar. xD I like this sandwich shop called Robin Hood, too.

Evastio
08-25-2007, 03:42 AM
Any friendly Asian restaurant is okay with me.

Nominus Experse
08-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Only home

mooglebunni608
08-25-2007, 06:01 AM
I love it so much~!!!

You live in Japan?

Yes, didn't you know?
Nuuuu, I don't (as much as I wish I did). Kyoto's just a restaurant.

I also love the bakery my aunt brings me to sometimes. It's a french-inspired Japanese bakery and they have the most AMAZING egg tarts and pineapple bread and other pastries. They also have a cake in the shape of a BLOWFISH!! (I got it as a birthday cake <3)
And they sell bubble tea. Double thumbs up <3

Værn
08-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I like Pizza Hut. Pizza's good ^_^
And anyplace where I can get carrots...