PDA

View Full Version : Travis~

Resha
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I know they're kinda old and all :p but oh, their music is so divine. Anybody else think so? =) My favourite songs have to be "Flowers in the Window", "The Beautiful Occupation" and and and "Closer". I reckon they're better than Keane and maybe even Coldplay. Yes. Better.

Breine
08-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Eh, I guess their okay. I definitely don't have anything against them, but I'd probably never buy any of their CDs either.

blim
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Personally i find them dull

Rengori
08-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know who we're talking about.

Shiny
08-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Their song is "Why Does it Always Rain on Me" is pretty good.

Calliope
08-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Travis is better than Coldplay.

Breakdown of albums:

Good Feeling: A very good high school angst album, before they developed their 'signature' sound, and Fran still had good hair.

The Man Who: A classic album. The opening track is one of my favourite songs, and the "hidden track" deserves to be a single in its own right. This was their best b-side period, although there are only so many singles you should be able to whack "baby one more time" onto the end of.

The Invisible Band: You can tell they are getting weak here. The Australasian Tour Edition has a crappy song by Andy and a great song by Dougie on it.

12 Memories: The band almost broke up after this because of Neil's spa pool incident, and the fact that everyone wanted to get married and have kiddlings. Apart from "Re-offender", "Love Will Come Through" and "Paperclips", I like to pretend that this record was never pressed. You can tell they were scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

The Boy With No Name: An excellent record and fine return to form. Fran finally got rid of that retarded hat, and got a haircut, and stopped preaching because nobody wanted a lecture, they wanted a melody and a snappy chorus, dammit.

All of Travis' music videos are a bit wacky, which I also appreciate.

Armisael
08-29-2007, 02:24 PM
They're ok i guess. My favorite songs are "Side" and "Re-Offender".

Resha
08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
"The Boy With No Name" is my fave album of theirs :drool:

I really like their music videos xD I remember one of was really bizarre -- I think it was "Flowers in the Window" (I should youtube this). Pregnant women or something everywhere. It was...mesmerizing. PREGNANT PEOPLE.

radyk05
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I've only heard the song "Sings" and I think it's pretty good.

Heath
08-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I still haven't got around to listening to The Boy with No Name, but I've got 12 Memories, The Invisible Band and The Man Who somewhere. I like Travis quite a lot. While some people find them dull, I like their music in that some of their melancholy songs are rather a nice contrast to other things. Fairly easy music to just have in the background sometimes.

redxiiii
08-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Travis better then Coldplay :O utter blasphemy i say, still am not denying there good but Coldplay outclass them...my fave song is "Turn" an the video rocks..i've ony got the invisible band album best song on it to me is "follow the light"

Calliope
08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Coldplay went downhill with X&Y.

Time for fun with TRAVIS MUSIC VIDEOS, as recalled from the top of my head:

All I Want To Do Is Rock - Andy jumps up and down on top of a car, Fran screams a lot, and stuff explodes in slow motion.

Turn - Fran compulsively does push-ups in the rain for the entirety of the video, I think to impress some girl.

Why Does It Always Rain On Me? - Fran in a kilt, the band on a barge, and secret underwater tunnels and jumping off of cliffs. Ace.

Flowers In The Window - The band walk around a scary town full of scarily pregnant women. ...

Coming Around - Fran is trapped inside a giant egg suit, and walks around like humpty dumpty until some bollocker smashes him real good.

Beautiful Occupation - People tag on everything, in multiple languages. Fran has an irritating hat.

Driftwood - Borrrrring. It's the world's longest class photo.

Sing - FOOD FIGHT, WITH SLOW-MOTION FLYING SQUID SEQUENCE AND MUCH PIE.

Writing To Reach You - This video is awesome. Fran gets shot at by planes, small children, and smacked in the head with a big rock. The rest of the band members laugh.

Damn weird videos.