PDA

View Full Version : FFTA Challenge : Starter Classes Only

Ultima, The High Seraph
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey people! I just joined yesterday, and I love Final Fantasy Tactics Advance enough to do a challenge on it.

This challenge will make me use Starter Classes ONLY.

So for each race thats:

HUMAN - Soldier, Archer, Black Mage, White Mage, Thief

MOOGLE - Black Mage, Thief, Animist

BANGAA - Warrior, White Monk

NU MOU - Black Mage, White Mage, Beastmaster

VIERA - White Mage, Fencer, Archer

...As you know that for each class the Human Race has, the others can do better.

VIERA ARCHER > HUMAN ARCHER
MOOGLE THIEF & BM > HUMAN THIEF & BM (I think...)
BANGAA WARRIOR > HUMAN SOLDIER
NU MOU BM & WM > HUMAN BM & WM

So I need help for what I should grow Marche and the other human up as...any tips?

First Log should be up in like 30 minutes...If i can be bothered to write today...

Thanks...

Ultima, The High Seraph

Skyblade
08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Not really that much of a challenge. Used properly, the starter classes are very powerful. Archer gives you access to Concentrate, which I still believe is the best Support Ability in the game, and you can get well balanced skills and powerful equipment even in the beginner jobs.

Human - Soldier, probably. All around decent stats, self heal, and decent abilities. Add in Thief as sub abilities.

Moogle - Thief. With Animist sub abilities. Great speed, and quite a bit of powerful status effects, not to mention Cuisine.

Bangaa - Warrior. Much better armor and weapons, and White Monks shine in the ability group anyway, not equipment. Far Fist with a Sword/Broadsword is plenty.

Nu Mou - Black Mage/White Mage. Both classes rock, so take your pick, but I'd pick Black Mage as primary. Looks cooler and gets slightly better weapons (and the Sapere Aude).

Viera - Archer, definitely. Long range shots, with the powerful Aim: Arms/Legs and Concentrate. If you need the healing, go White Mage secondary, otherwise, go Fencer, but you'll probably use mostly archer abilities. Faster rocks.

aquatius
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM
To make it more of a challenge, use the pre-assigned classes that are chosen when you first join the clan.

Ultima, The High Seraph
08-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Well...

Ive started now. And to make things a tad bit harder, how about no S-abilities? Tell me what you lot think about that. At the minute it doesnt matter as I only have Sheildbearer, but not been able to have concentrate...

But anyway moving on.

After the Bangaa battle, I got to look at my team. Im not adding anymore characters so its just these 6. The first mission was easy like it should be. Then I went on to finish most of the missions till I got to Ritz & Shara, who were useless compared to my own clan members. Then I got through the Clan Borzoi missions and defeated Dread Raven and his Black Mage.

After that I started destroying other clans, and taking turf. After that it was a easy flow of battling and learning till I got to Famfrit. He was a challenge. I stopped the Ahriman using Roulette by sending my Viera archer forward to lure him out. I then got lucky after trying to use blackout on Famfrit. It worked on my 2nd try of it. The moogle totema kept trying to use Lightspeed on my Viera but it had 5% chance of hitting. So we koed it eventually.

Team UPDATE:

Clan: Ultima
Members: 6

Marche
Level:10
Job:Soldier
Secondary Ability:Aim
A-Abilites:
Battle Tech:First Aid, Powerbreak, Mindbreak, Speedbreak, Sensor, Shieldbearer, Combat Combo
Aim: Boost, Blackout, Block Arrows
Steal: -
White Magic: -
Black Magic: -

Montblanc
Level: 10
Job:Animist
Second Ability:Black Magic
A-Abilites:
Steal:Steal:Accessory, Steal:Gil, Steal:EXP, Maintenance
Call: Sheep Count, Block Arrows
Black Magic:Fire, Fira, Thunder, Thundara, Blizzard, Blizzara

Tony (Human)
Job: Archer
Second Ability: Battle Tech
A-Abilities:
Battle Tech: First Aid, Mindbreak, Speedbreak, Shieldbearer
Aim: Boost, Blackout, Take Aim, Block Arrows.
Black Magic: Fire, Fira, Thunder, Thundara, Blizzard,

Theodore (Bangaa)
Job: Warrior
Second Ability: Monk Tech
A-Abilites:
Battle Tech: First Aid, Powerbreak, Mindbreak, Speedbreak, Greased Bolt, Shieldbearer
Monk Tech: Whirlwind, Air Render, Exorcise

Rockwell (Nu Mou)
Job: White Mage
Second Ability: Black Magic
A-Abilities:
Beastmaster: -
White Magic: Cure, Cura, Esuna, Life, Turbo MP
Black Magic: Fire, Fira, Thunder, Thundara, Blizzard, Blizzara

Cecile (Viera)
Job: White Mage
Second Ability: Aim
A-Abilities:
Aim: Boost, Blackout, Aim:Legs, Block Arrows
Lunge Tech: Shadowstick, Swallowtail, Shieldbearer
White Magic: Cure, Esuna, Protect

Skyblade
08-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Sounds fine and dandy so far. One question: How are you handling the job specific quests that require non-starter jobs? Or the Moogle specific quests, since you can't send out Montblanc?

Ultima, The High Seraph
08-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Hmmm...I dont know...I guess they can wait till after the storyline is over, then i will recruit a moogle. The other one can also be completed after the storyline is over.

Ultima, The High Seraph
08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Sorry bout the double post...

Well I finished some more missions, Theodore mastered all 4 Breaks, got the Hero Gaol, read it and got the Twin Swords mission but not the Tower Ruins one :eep:. I defeated all the monsters in Diamond Rain without even having to use my Beastmaster's Control ability. Famfrit finished them all.

Ive Just defeated my next Totema: Ultima, or her ultima crystals. They were VERY easy, I just stuck my four together and destroyed them one at a time. They attemtped Logos twice but both missed! Now im just going to do S.O.S and Tower Ruins...

Team UPDATE:

Clan: 1 in 100 Ultima
Members: 6
Turf: Giza Plains, Cyril, Sprohm, Lutia Pass, Nubswood, Eluut Sands

Marche
Level:10
Job:Black Mage
Secondary Ability:Battle Tech
A-Abilites:
Battle Tech: First Aid, Powerbreak, Mindbreak, Speedbreak, Sensor, Shieldbearer, Combat Combo
Aim: Boost, Blackout, Block Arrows

Montblanc
Job:Thief
Second Ability:Black Magic
A-Abilites:
Steal:Steal: Armour, Steal: Shield, Steal:Accessory, Steal:Gil, Steal: EXP, Counter, Maintenance
Call: Sheep Count, 100% Wool, Block Arrows

Tony (Human)
A-Abilities:
Battle Tech: First Aid, Mindbreak, Speedbreak, Shieldbearer
Aim: Boost, Aim:Legs, Aim:Arm, Blackout, Burial, Take Aim, Block Arrows.
Black Magic: Fire, Fira, Thunder, Thundara, Blizzard,

Theodore (Bangaa)
Job: Warrior
Second Ability: Monk Tech
A-Abilites:
Battle Tech: First Aid, Powerbreak, Mindbreak, Magicbreak, Speedbreak, Body Slam, Greased Bolt, Shieldbearer
Monk Tech: Whirlwind, Air Render, Chakra, Exorcise, Counter

Rockwell (Nu Mou)
Job: Beastmaster
A-Abilities:
Beastmaster: Flan, Dragon, Lamia, Floateye, Undead, Rockbeast, Immunity
White Magic: Cure, Cura, Esuna, Life, Shell, Protect, Turbo MP

Cecile (Viera)
Second Ability: White Magic
A-Abilities:
Aim: Boost, Blackout, Aim:Legs, Aim:Arm, Take Aim, Block Arrows
Lunge Tech: Shadowstick, Swallowtail, Shieldbearer
White Magic: Cure, Cura, Esuna, Life, Protect

The Mog Ninja
08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
They were VERY easy, I just stuck my four together and destroyed them one at a time. They attemtped Logos twice but both missed!

Twice...

You have no idea how much I envy you, my friend. I stupidly put my white mage with LIFE!!!!@@$!89 in the fray, having him become charmed and resurrecting the crystals at least 4 times.

In the end, they used Logo about 15 times and charmed me about 13 times. That was a very tedious battle.

Heath
10-24-2007, 11:43 PM
They were VERY easy, I just stuck my four together and destroyed them one at a time. They attemtped Logos twice but both missed!

Twice...

You have no idea how much I envy you, my friend. I stupidly put my white mage with LIFE!!!!@@$!89 in the fray, having him become charmed and resurrecting the crystals at least 4 times.

In the end, they used Logo about 15 times and charmed me about 13 times. That was a very tedious battle.

It's a fairly easy battle provided you position your characters correctly. I think in my current playthrough I had my characters charmed twice, but thankfully had a nice, quick Viera to attack my charmed unit straight away, minimising the damage. Mateus is the only difficult Totema, really. I can imagine that battle will be rather annoying for this challenge as you'll be without the Sage's Raise ability which really shines in that battle.

Markus. D
01-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Fencer is kewl~

<3

Roto13
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
You can wait for Charm to be illegal before you fight Ultima. Then it can't really do anything. :P

FFIX Choco Boy
01-05-2008, 02:50 AM
It's a fairly easy battle provided you position your characters correctly. I think in my current playthrough I had my characters charmed twice, but thankfully had a nice, quick Viera to attack my charmed unit straight away, minimising the damage. Mateus is the only difficult Totema, really. I can imagine that battle will be rather annoying for this challenge as you'll be without the Sage's Raise ability which really shines in that battle.

Actually, I just sent Marche(I named him Scourge) in alone as an archer, so that when he got charmed, he couldn't do anything. It removes tedium, but makes the battle a bit longer.