PDA

View Full Version : Video game addiction a series problem, mother fights son to get him off WOW

fredsanford
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Mom Tells Kid No More World Of Warcraft Video (http://www.break.com/worldofwarcraft/mom-tells-kid-no-more-warcraft2.html)
This is sick

Cookie
08-25-2007, 12:53 AM
I don't like listening to little kids screaming into a microphone.

fredsanford
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
It made me sick too, but did you read that. That is insane.

Xaven
08-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, what were his parents thinking? :mad8:

Zeldy
08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
If I spoke to my parents like that Id get a slap

:o

Miriel
08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm actually really impressed with how well the parents handled that. If my kid was such a whining little ass, I would have had to hold back the tremendous urge to just DECK him. Ugh. Seriously, the Dad started yelling at the end, but I probably would have started yelling a lot earlier. That kid needs to be bitch slapped.

Aurey
08-25-2007, 01:00 AM
OMGF INCREDIBLE. This is the best thing I've heard all day!

Goldenboko
08-25-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm actually really impressed with how well the parents handled that. If my kid was such a whining little ass, I would have had to hold back the tremendous urge to just DECK him. Ugh. Seriously, the Dad started yelling at the end, but I probably would have started yelling a lot earlier. That kid needs to be bitch slapped.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Too much wow-ie!

Storm San
08-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Damn .
That reminds me of my dad..
I dont whine, but its worse because of that.
I dont play wow either.
Leave the damn kid alone !
I wish I could blizzaga the father of that child and my father for the same reason.What the f*** am I supposed to do ?I moved to this town and ain't got no friends, what am I supposed to do, go to a cafe and scream ''HEY wanna be friends??''
:mad2::mad2:
I hate fathers like that :mad2::mad2::mad2:
They should die

fredsanford
08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Damn .
I dont play wow either.
I wish I could blizzaga the father of that child and my father for the same reason.What the f*** am I supposed to do ?I moved to this town and ain't got no friends, what am I supposed to do, go to a cafe and scream ''HEY wanna be friends??''
They should die
I think his father loves him.

Tavrobel
08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
This so reminds me of the Chocolate Milk Kid. This is why twelve year olds shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

Storm San
08-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Damn .
I dont play wow either.
They should die

If he really loves him then he'd leave him alone.

fredsanford
08-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Damn .
I dont play wow either.
They should die

I think that the child would grow up stronger in life with social skills to face the world not fantasy skills.

Avarice-ness
08-25-2007, 01:21 AM

I completely agree, and I've asked to stay on longer to do an instance.

How old is that kid? I think he should get some since beat into him. Wow his guildies just asked how old he was too.

I dunno, just wow. I hope they smashed his computer with a hammer. :smash:

Damn .
I dont play wow either.
They should die

I think that the child would grow up stronger in life with social skills to face the world not fantasy skills.

The father is using his PARENTAL ABILITIES and that's exactly what he should do. If his father really loves him he'd care that his son is falling into a circle of anti-sociality, like the father or mother said, the kid had a lacrosse game the next day and everyone was working their ass off and the kid didn't care, hell the kid didn't even address it to his dad/mom when they brought it up. That kid should be greatful that his parents even allowed him to start playing the game in the first place, or even just to use the computer.

Personally, I blame my addiction to the computer for my mother "loving" me by leaving me alone, and I see that parents "loving" kids by letting kids stay online ungodly hours are only doing damage. Like the dad said, the kid is only damaging himself.

Regardless of what some people say, The internet is REALLY not serious business. :eyeroll:

Oh and am I the only one that didn't seem to hear the kid being beat? I mean maybe the dad smacked him like once, but I was expecting like hardcore parental beating and for all we know that kid got smacked with a newspaper. I've been smacked with a newspaper, that's not beating. Wacked in the back of the head, Not beating. Pushed over in the chair and punched in the face, while WAILING, that's beating. I heard no beating.

Psychotic
08-25-2007, 01:24 AM
If I was on that teamspeak channel or whatever it was, I would not have been able to resist the urge to yell naughty words, or maybe "JAMES, WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE PICS OF YOUR MOM IN THE SHOWER YOU PROMISED US?"

Storm San
08-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Damn .
I dont play wow either.
They should die

Sure but what his father did is not civilized.

I dunno, just wow. I hope they smashed his computer with a hammer.
i hope you'll never have kids.

Miriel
08-25-2007, 01:29 AM

What? And you think how the kid was behaving was "civilized"? I thought the parents were being very rational and NICE about it in the beginning. It was only after the dude kept screaming and sobbing and acting like a petulant brat that their temper (understandably) rose.

Avarice-ness
08-25-2007, 01:30 AM
I dunno, just wow. I hope they smashed his computer with a hammer.
i hope you'll never have kids.

Don't worry I hope you don't either. I've already been in the shoes of a kid who was allowed to use the internet anytime I wanted, staying up ungodly hours playing MMORPG's such as OMG WOW. I feel my mother (and Dad) would have done me a favor by destroying my computer, seeing as now at the age of 21 I've realized I am -FAR- to attached to it. I say that as the perspective of that video's already happened to me, 'cept instead of the computer going, my mom just gave up and let me played.

kikimm
08-25-2007, 01:31 AM
A good parent doesn't let their kid do whatever the hell they want.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Damn .
I dont play wow either.
They should die

Hmm...I dunno, I think he handled that very well. I have a little brother who used to throw big tantrums (he had to take medication for awhile because of it) and that guy handled his son's behavior better than my dad did, lemme tell you.

Tavrobel
08-25-2007, 01:34 AM

What? And you think how the kid was behaving was "civilized"? I thought the parents were being very rational and NICE about it in the beginning. It was only after the dude kept screaming and sobbing and acting like a petulant brat that their temper (understandably) rose.

I disagree, Miriel. GRAHGH83J4KSLF is a very common term used in the natural English vernacular, and should not be seen upon as a sign of video game addiction, jerk-ness to reasonable parents, or complete, 100% immaturity, and a serious and obvious inability to manage one's own life.

Being asked your age online is most certainly cruise control for awesome.

Storm San
08-25-2007, 01:37 AM
I've already been in the shoes of a kid who was allowed to use the internet anytime I wanted, staying up ungodly hours playing MMORPG's such as OMG WOW. I feel my mother (and Dad) would have done me a favor by destroying my computer, seeing as now at the age of 21 I've realized I am -FAR- to attached to it. I say that as the perspective of that video's already happened to me, 'cept instead of the computer going, my mom just gave up and let me played.

That is because you were allowed to do it. You had the freedom of will.
That kid didn't. After all your life is in your hands.
If you were not allowed to stay up for so long, you would be like me .

Humans are defective by nature, they want what they do not have , and they regret things no matter what they do.

Also, yes, I will not have kids, because I do not see the point in continuing the species.

Comet
08-25-2007, 02:09 AM
I liked the dad. I hate that little pussyhole kid, how can he cry over some World of Warcraft game, which isn't even real. God, I wanna smack him.

fredsanford
08-25-2007, 03:30 AM
I've already been in the shoes of a kid who was allowed to use the internet anytime I wanted, staying up ungodly hours playing MMORPG's such as OMG WOW. I feel my mother (and Dad) would have done me a favor by destroying my computer, seeing as now at the age of 21 I've realized I am -FAR- to attached to it. I say that as the perspective of that video's already happened to me, 'cept instead of the computer going, my mom just gave up and let me played.That is because you were allowed to do it. You had the freedom of will.

Humans are defective by nature, they want what they do not have , and they regret things no matter what they do.

Also, yes, I will not have kids, because I do not see the point in continuing the species.

Not come tuesday, not for me Im changing. Im seeking out what I want in life and if I get it Im going to be the happiest man a live and if I dont then I will live with it. Im not regretting trying this, I need to try this. Im going to change tuesday , Im going out on a limb and my life is going to be better.

Man kind is worth saving, I know its hard to see at times but it is a young race. Have faith in it. I know they are all sexually immature and un evolved when it comes to there precious females and say that love is all about sex but to me its about being with someone who understands you and that you want to make happy, knowing that in return it means the same for you from her.Some one precious that knows how to make you happiest and someone who you want to make happy in return. Anyways I wont elaborate because this is not about that. Man kind is simple at times I give you that. They only see the book cover of so many stories and deep things. However there are a lot of smart people in this world. Have faith. Encourage the good and do not encourage the bad .

Fonzie
08-25-2007, 04:41 AM
Hahaha, I was laughing the entire time. That kid was acting like a little bitch.

Goldenboko
08-25-2007, 05:59 AM
I've already been in the shoes of a kid who was allowed to use the internet anytime I wanted, staying up ungodly hours playing MMORPG's such as OMG WOW. I feel my mother (and Dad) would have done me a favor by destroying my computer, seeing as now at the age of 21 I've realized I am -FAR- to attached to it. I say that as the perspective of that video's already happened to me, 'cept instead of the computer going, my mom just gave up and let me played.

That is because you were allowed to do it. You had the freedom of will.

When you are a child you're suppose to be taught lessons to keep you alive when you get older. Thats not just human nature, thats nature to all animals. Learn while you're young.

If the parents let him play as long and as much as he wanted then, its plausable to think that he may not learn that all time cannot be devoted to play. When you are young your life is not in your hands. You have legal guardians, and are considered slightly less responsible for your actions (it depends on your age).

The father was trying to teach him a simple lesson, if you stay up playing video games, you might not wake up at the right time. The kid obviously hadn't been taught it a whole lot, and we all know WoW can be addictive, so he flipped. It may or may not continue, but is just in every measure. Ava is saying that the parents did the right thing because they most likely got rid of an addiction before it happened, and used herself as an example.

Rengori
08-25-2007, 06:19 AM
If I was on that teamspeak channel or whatever it was, I would not have been able to resist the urge to yell naughty words, or maybe "JAMES, WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE PICS OF YOUR MOM IN THE SHOWER YOU PROMISED US?"

I know, what's funnier is that the kid kept teamspeak on the whole time this was going on.

@Stormsan: The kid was obviously addicted to the game, the parents were right for doing what they did. If you had a child that was addicted to drugs, would hate yourself if you had taken the kid's drugs from him?

o_O
08-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Wow, that was hilarious. Kinda reminds me of <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3rfV__v50">the chocolate milk kid</a>.

Shiny
08-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I have opportunitnesses
:laugh:

His parents conquer.

Avarice-ness
08-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Wow, that was hilarious. Kinda reminds me of <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3rfV__v50">the chocolate milk kid</a>.

-Wow-

Man, That kid needs more of a beating than the previous kid.

fantasyjunkie
08-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Password locking my daughters comp was the best thing I ever did. She had gotten to the point to where all she did day and night was IM her friends and started back talking the wife and I and ignoring us.
2 years later she only gets on the comp every other day or so and doesn't miss it.

Avarice-ness
08-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Password locking my daughters comp was the best thing I ever did. She had gotten to the point to where all she did day and night was IM her friends and started back talking the wife and I and ignoring us.
2 years later she only gets on the comp every other day or so and doesn't miss it.

*applause!*

You have succeeded as a parent! :love:

McLovin'
08-25-2007, 10:28 AM
nobody takes my WoW

Captain Maxx Power
08-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I bet he plays Alliance.

scrumpleberry
08-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Way to go, parents. fantasyjunkie, I bow to you.

Good things need to be earned. He has a right to play WoW, but he needs to appreciate it more by taking it in small doses. Chocolate milk kid was just plain hilarious and scary at the same time.

Peter_20
08-25-2007, 02:07 PM
A good parent doesn't let their kid do whatever the hell they want.

ReloadPsi
08-25-2007, 02:21 PM
EPIC! What an utter prick!

"All you're doing is damaging yourself!"
*kid realises he's beaten and doesn't respond*

KentaRawr!
08-25-2007, 02:24 PM
What's so unusual about this? It seems pretty basic to me. The Chocolate Milk kid was way, way worse, as he was just being immensely pompous, and was trying to boss his Mom around. This kid, however, was simply saying he wanted to play a lot, but he still acknowledged that his Parents have power over him, and his parents and he had a (one-sided) argument about it not being a main-priority, and his lack of care for what his parents do for him. After a short while of lack-of communication, like a single school-day, they'll have a much smaller talk about it, and eventually they'll be on the same terms as before. He'll still have limits on the computer, but he'll get over it.

Zante
08-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I never had problems like this with my mom. If she wanted me to stop playing for a reason or another, she would always let me know earlier or just give me like 30 minutes so I could finish up whatever I was doing. Compromises ftw.

Levian
08-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I heard they invented some threadmill powered computer. My kids are so getting that if they pull something like that. :mog:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Well, it wasn't the Ritz after all

Breine
08-25-2007, 03:40 PM
That kid is pretty disturbing. Although, I did find it funny when the guys that had overheard the whole thing where like "WTF".. That just made me laugh out loud.

Dr. Acula
08-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Compromises ftw.

fantasyjunkie ftw. (This coming from a fifteen-year-old Internet addict...)

bipper
08-29-2007, 06:05 AM

Winnar is you. I would do something meaner. Like randomly make a GOEpher pop up on the screen [skald] screaming at full volume. Possibly electrifying the chair and spraying mace out of the web cam. All while the web cam takes a picture and automatically emails it to me for lulz.

Totalarism must be properly enforced. It is a delicate system.

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Wow, lol... WoW. Um.. I'm not sure if that is like... even right?

mooglebunni608
08-29-2007, 06:29 AM
I am now very depressed. I hate WOW now :/

Rase
08-29-2007, 06:41 AM
That video and the chocolate milk kid one make me laugh, then become seriously sad.

eestlinc
08-29-2007, 06:43 AM
what is a series problem? does it occur gradually in many episodes? is this like the stages of AIDS?

Yamaneko
08-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Gas him.

bipper
08-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Gas him.

I don't think gassing would be Kosher.