PDA

View Full Version : ahhhh.... PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Wii

Serapy
08-25-2007, 11:53 PM
There's probably another thread similar to this one but I'm so tempted to make one again.

Right well, I still couldn't decide which one to buy :( It's very hard to choose... I'd like to buy all but that will be so expensive

PS3
----

I'd like get it to play FF13 and others games. There's some special deal, for example... a 1200 dpi plasma TV + PS3 all just for 2200$ which is a nice deal! Because I need to replace my own TV as well. PS3 is kind of expensive, though. I think PS3 lets you make great things with PS3 easily, like you can code your own game with C++ inside.

Xbox360
--------

Even if FF13 will be available on Xbox360, I'd love to get it and there are more xbox360 games than PS3 at the moment. I think Xbox360 is more integrable with Microsoft Windows (both of them are under the same company) than PS3 and Wii which can bring more many great things for 360.

The graphics of PS3 and Xbox360 look kind of the same, I don't know which one is better for graphics. Very realistic material makes any game more fun.

A bit confusing, the price of xbox360 is so close to Wii, yet xbox360 has more powerful harddrive stuff, right? and PS3 costs wayyy more. Hmm, dunno why.

Wii
----

What can I say? Also, I'd like to play Super Smash Bros Brawl on it. I have gamecube and I really have enjoyed playing gamecube games... such as bros melee, sonic and mario. The graphics of wii seem great. I have an action replay cheat device which costed me 30$, it works great with game cube and it can work with Wii as well.

McLovin'
08-26-2007, 12:57 AM
I have played all 3 on many occasions and you get bored of the Wii very fast so scratch that out.

PS3 is best for popular games to buy (which is the whole damn point of a console :p)

Xbox is best for popular games as well but not as many but they're all good games.

So out of those 2 you should make your choice.

Lawr
08-26-2007, 01:00 AM
All XBox 360's are defective, If I were you and I decided on Micro$soft, I would wait a while.

Dragonsoul
08-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Bottom line you gotta go where the top rpg's are, if you play rpg's only, like I do. PS 3 and Wii are a year behind Xbox 360, since they came out later, so we wont' know until a year from now how good and numerous the rpg's there will be.

Xbox 360 is releasing a ton of ultimate rpg's now. Wii only has some, some are good...

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(Great)
Super Paper Mario(Great)
Pokemon battle revolution(ok)
Alien Syndrome(ok)
upcoming Fire Emblem
upcoming Dragon quest swords
upcoming Final Fantasy crystal chronicles 2

PS 3 so far upcoming only has White Knight Story, FF XIII, FF V XIII, and Disgaea 3 as far as great rpg's go, there may be more though. I've got Xbox 360(for Blue Dragon, although I ended up deciding to not get Blue Dragon, I'll get other rpg's instead for this system). I'll get PS 3 next fall when FF XIII comes out. I may get Wii in the spring for Zelda and Mario, if I have money and time and there aren't other ultimate console rpg's coming out. On the other hand I could be some top older games I haven't beaten yet in the upcoming spring(FF 8, FF 9, FF X-2, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, Xenogears, etc).

I recommend Xbox 360 and PS 3 so far, but Wii has Zelda, get all three! But you make the call. :D

computer-geekz
08-26-2007, 03:34 AM
Despite the fact that I must now ship my 360 back to repair the Red Ring of Death(tm), I still say the 360 is the best of the three. It's got lots of good games, awesome online services (including online play), and excellent graphics and sound. Wii is second, with its innovative controls and high fun factor, though it could do with more good games and with an online play feature.

PS3 is at the bottom of my list, despite being (from my understanding) the console with the most raw power. It's far too expensive, even after the price drop, there are few good games for it, and there basically doesn't seem to be that much compelling about it. Maybe that'll change within the next year, but I don't think any game system is worth sinking more than $400 into for just the console.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-26-2007, 03:45 AM
I've chosen the 360 because I'm looking forward to Mass Effect and Too Human.

Madame Adequate
08-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Too Human, Beautiful Katamari, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Perfect Dark Zero, Dynasty Warriors 6, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears of War, Omikron 2, Mass Effect, GTA IV, Soul Caliber 4, and some others I'm surely forgetting? (Oh, and did I mention Mass Effect?)

I think the answer, at least for now, is fairly clear.

Although I do want and plan to get a Wii, primarily for NiGHTS and SSBB.

fantasyjunkie
08-26-2007, 04:41 AM
My advice would be to see which games you want to play. for me, the 360 is best. The PS3 is just too expensive for my budget and I love the rumble feature in the controller.
But the bottom line is which games do you want to play?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-26-2007, 04:48 AM
(Oh, and did I mention Mass Effect?)

Yes more than once, and you forgot about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed! :)

KentaRawr!
08-26-2007, 11:28 AM
The Wii's pretty good, but it only recently has started to get some good games, so you wouldn't have many game genres to choose from once you got one.

Levian
08-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Dunno which is the "best", but that doesn't really matter if the games suck. I'll probably buy PS3 first, then maybe a Wii in the distant future and I'll probably never buy an xbox. I just don't like most xbox games.

PS3 is good for me because it has many of the series I like, mainly Resident Evil, GTA, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy. I also love Zelda and some Mario games, so I may have to hog my sister's wii every now and then. But yeah, my PS2 is close to broken, so I'm gonna need a new PS anyway and buying a new PS2 seems like a waste of money when I'm gonna buy a PS3 eventually anyway.

Dreddz
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
360 is still miles ahead of the competition now in my opinion. But the PS3 line up is more impressive, we've got GT5, Tekken 6, MGS4, FFXIII, White Knight Story, Metal Gear Online, Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection Online, Uncharted : Drakes Fortune, Littlebigplanet and even Killzone 2 dare I say, that game makes me all giddy.

360 has a good line up but its exclusives arent as impressive. As for the Wii, Im only really going to give it NiGHTS, if I was going to buy a Wii It would solely be for that game, which sounds stupid....which is why I probably wont do it.

Roto13
08-26-2007, 07:37 PM
PS3 is too expensive and working with Xbox 360s every day has made me realize just how likely they are to break. When/if the PS3 is a reasonable price and when/if they fix the 360, I'd still have to wait a while to see what happens with exclusive games before deciding between those two. The PS3 seems to be taking it's time getting any decent games besides Virtua Fighter, and the 360 seems to be mostly shooters and the like, though both have/are getting games I'd actually want to play.

I have a Wii already, though, and I love it. And miss it. I don't have a tv. D:

Serapy
08-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I have seen blue dragon and it seems awesome. The new GTA game and FF13 looks sooo awesome too... sigh but I really dunno.

I'm thinking, yeah. I should buy 2 consoles when I make money, but then I don't know which console to buy first, the SSBB game is going to be released here in next year around spring for europe =/ and FF13 should be released in around 2008/winter maybe =/ Dunno about the new GTA game

Bolivar
08-27-2007, 04:09 AM
brings me back to the old console wars. PS vs. 64, THAT was huge. Systems today don't have much going for them. There's good games on all of them already but not THAT good - enough to make me buy it.

I'm waiting for FFXIII to come out, then i'll get PS3, hopefully MGS4 and GTA4 will already be out by then. Then I might actually pick up XI to play on PS3. Not to mention all the older titles on higher resolution, if i get an HDTV.

Dragonsoul
08-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Dunno which is the "best", but that doesn't really matter if the games suck. I'll probably buy PS3 first, then maybe a Wii in the distant future and I'll probably never buy an xbox. I just don't like most xbox games.

PS3 is good for me because it has many of the series I like, mainly Resident Evil, GTA, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy. I also love Zelda and some Mario games, so I may have to hog my sister's wii every now and then. But yeah, my PS2 is close to broken, so I'm gonna need a new PS anyway and buying a new PS2 seems like a waste of money when I'm gonna buy a PS3 eventually anyway.

Your icon/avatar is Wakka the blitzball player from Final Fantasy X!!! I remember when that game came out! It was legendary I think all the rpg players I knew bought it. It was so great and perfect in my opinion, I love it! FF XII is great but needs better story and characters. People don't like FF X-2 as much. FF XI is good though but FF VII: DoG people have problems with.

Will FF XIII and/or FF V XIII match the power of FF X? I think the most popular FF's in the main line are 1, 4, 6, 7, 10, and maybe 12.

Final Fantasy VI! :)

LunarWeaver
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Logically, the Xbox 360 would be best for me because I owned a Ps2 and a Gamecube. This gives me an entire backlog of Xbox games I've never touched that will be cheap by now with all the new stuff stacked on top. Maybe you should just buy the one you didn't own last time!

However, MGS and FF are franchises that can get me to buy a system, so I might go for the Ps3 anyway.

I guess just find a list of upcoming and current games and whichever has the most grabbing your interest wins my friend.

The Shoeless Hobo
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I previously owned a 360 for 18 months, then sold it and bought a PS3. Just let me say now that I regret that. The one thing that tempted me to buy a PS3 was the region free games, hence cheap prices...aswell as the blu-ray. But nether the less, the games are :skull::skull::skull::skull:e. The only game i wanted was Virtua Fighter, which i ended up getting for $35 AUD) mind you...and yeah...i wish i was playing bio shock and blue dragon right now....

;________;

but the economics of video games imo is sell it now, and buy it again later for a cheaper price. You ain't loosing any money. One day, ill be reunited with my PS3. In the mean time, i am awaiting the release of Spiderman 3 on blu-ray.

btw, check out my 360 gamerscore "barefooted hobo" and just check how many hours i poured into me 360. yet i've only played my PS3 for abut a total of 30 minutes, movies are a different story...

computer-geekz
08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
"PS3 is good for me because it has many of the series I like, mainly Resident Evil, GTA, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy."

Well, unfortunately, Sony does not hold all those series exclusively, and may soon be exclusive to none of them:

Konami Announces Silent Hill 5 - Xbox (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13977/Konami-Announces-Silent-Hill-5/)

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition for WII - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Wii - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition WII Game (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/residentevil4/index.html)

IGN: Resident Evil 5 (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/760/760880.html)

Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 - Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox360 Game - Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360 Video Game (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/index.html)

Sakaguchi talks Blue Dragon, Xbox 360, and Final Fantasy (http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/03/19/sakaguchi-talks-blue-dragon-xbox-360-and-final-fantasy)

I think the main reason Sony is losing exclusivity is because the PS3 is the least popular of the three (or certainly the least-owned), and the companies making titles like the ones you listed can't afford to risk their bread-and-butter products on a $500 console whose sales and installed base are lower than either of the other two major consoles. It's no longer the 90s, where one game (FF VII) could drive sales of a $200 console (the PS1). I think a lot of people would see $500 as far too steep a price to pay for a single game, even with the hope of having other good games down the road.

Game companies are in business to sell games, not consoles.

Breine
09-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm definitely going to buy a PS3 when I have the money to both buy the console and a new HD TV. I'm just a PlayStation fan, and it has some of the best games and game series as far as I'm concerned: e.g. Final Fantasy, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid. I'd also say Tomb Raider and Soul Calibur, but they're both not exclusive to the PS anymore.

I've never been a fan of the X-Box, and I probably never will be. Most of the games just don't seem like my cup of tea, and the console is generally just not appealing to me.

The Wii, on the other hand, I might buy some years down the road. I've always been a Nintendo fan; the first console I ever owned was a Nintendo Entertainment System, I've spent countless hours playing on the Nintendo 64 and I own a GameCube as well - it just appeals to me and it also has many great game series e.g. The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime and various Mario games.

Anyway, I'd say the PS3. Once it starts getting some good games under it's belt, it'll be bitchin' cool!

Rostum
09-02-2007, 12:13 AM
For now: Wii.

So much fun, has a bunch of cool games. Nothing apart from Final Fantasy and Blue Dragon has sparked my interested with Xbox360 and PS3, and then it gets shut down by the huge price tag.

Slothy
09-02-2007, 02:09 AM
PS3. I've said it a hundred times; it has the only exclusives I care about and obviously all of the multi-platform stuff. MGS4, GT5, Uncharted, Killzone 2 (which according to Game Informer who had some hands on time is a very solid game so far), Ratchet & Clank, Socom, Little Big Planet (the most original and innovative game I've seen in years), FFXIII and Versus XIII as exclusives, and Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament III, DMC 4, Silent Hill 5, and Soul Calibur IV on the multi-platform make for a very strong upcoming lineup. And with great titles already out like Resistance, VF5, Virtua Tennis 3, Oblivion, and now Warhawk (which is one of the best games out on any console right now), I can't recommend any other system.

Luigidudeman
09-02-2007, 04:11 AM
Wii.

I don't even know how to explain.. how much better it is. I'd say if you want graphics though get a 360... not a PS3 obviously just because of the cost.. but if you don't care too much about graphics, like me!

Then, you should get a Wii, definitely. It has already came and PASSED the 360 in sales and it was released a YEAR before it. that's crazy. It's soooooo amazing. and there's SOOOO many games that are amazing for it. If I got a PS3 I... wouldn't even... ahh there would be NOTHING I would want except maybe a racing game because how they look... but for Wii.... there are like at least 10 games for it this year I want. and a 360 ... I only want ONE game for that system, and that game is Banjo-Threeie! I LOVED the first two, but now it's not going to be on Nintendo anymore. I was very sad when I heard that news because I will most likely never get a 360.

ANYWAYS.

IMO the best games are on Wii.

The best graphics are just.. not on Wii lol. (Obviously)

The best gamePLAY is on Wii as well.

Wii also has more GOOD exclusive games.

360 has Xbox live which is easily the best online ...thing.

but I prefer Wii's online because.. I LOVE Nintendo so yeah. I would never buy a PS3, ever. I think they're too much money, not worth what you have to pay, all I want is a system, Sony! Not some freakish computer! I liked Sony when it was just the original PlayStation, where I would just play Crash all day, oh and Spyro!
Anyways,
Wii DESTROYS the other two with Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario and Metroid.

Heck, it destroys them with Super Smash Bros alone.;)

Nifleheim7
09-02-2007, 10:51 AM
There are 6 main reasons that making me want to buy a PS3 over a 360:

1.Final Fantasy

2.SCEI and Team Ico

3.I don't like FPShooters

4.I trust Sony's hardware more than Microsoft's

5.Gran Turismo 5

6.Judging from 360 sales in Japan,Sony will have the best JRPG library.

I plan on buying a PSP this Christmas,a Wii around spring-summer next year,and a PS3 around Christmas 2008.

Montoya
09-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I've only played the Wii and 360 but don't own any of them. I'm sold on the Wii because it has Resident Evil 4 :love: and the virtual console downloads. I might consider buying a PS3 later down the line when the price goes down and it has, you know, a lot of good games.

Northcrest
09-02-2007, 08:00 PM
I would pick out the Wii mainly because i have wanted one since its been announced. Especially Brawl and Naruto Games and Sonic. The PS3 I would want mainly for Final Fantasy Series, MGS4, and Kingdom Hearts 3. But nothing about the 360 has really grabed my attention excpet for the might considering FFXIII onto 360.

Zeldy
09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I have the Wii and the 360 (WELL -- my brother does, but it doesnt cost me a thing to use them~) and Ive probably been on the 360 more, suprisingly; seeing as Im a huge Nintendo fangirl. I'm hooked on Guitar Hero 2 and Viva Pinata. At the same time, Im pretty excited about another super smash bros as that game kicks serious ass. I played Zelda for a bit on the Wii, but hdghf I found a glitch and basically my file was screwed and I just havent yet started it again, it pissed me off and I couldnt be arsed.

Probably the 360 for the minute, but the Wii will out-do it eventually. Nintendo always does <3

Discord
09-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Isn't the fact that it is Microsoft, who produces the XBOXes, not enough to vote for the PS3. Hmmm... But it's SONY who makes the PSes. A hard choice. If it wasn't Nintendo making the Wii, I could just as well vote for them, but no luck there either.

PS3 though. Yay for the bluray.