PDA

View Full Version : I Hope That's Never Invented

Evastio
08-26-2007, 02:31 AM
In this thread name as many things as you can think of that you hope never gets invented.

Personally I'm really against the pimple shaver, piano skateboard, laser back scratcher, diamond punching bag, bladed unicycle, and a glass flail.

The Ceej
08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Can we name things that have already been invented that we wish never had been?

Fonzie
08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Rapture.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Devil Man 2

Breine
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Weapons that are able to kill thousands of people at once.. oh wait, that already exists...

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Junction Machine Ellone

Fonzie
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Weapons that are able to kill thousands of people at once.. oh wait, that already exists...

Metal Gear?

Tavrobel
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Drill-fork! It's a drill-fork, it drills and forks! Mostly fork.

That and the ever handy knife-wrench. Safe for kids, and practical! *stab*

LunarWeaver
08-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Dr. Pepper 2. Sequels and spin-offs to drinks just aren't very good most of the time, and I want my favorite drink to remain as it is. <3

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Dr. Pepper 2. Sequels and spin-offs to drinks just aren't very good most of the time, and I want my favorite drink to remain as it is. <3

The Sprite Remix (or whatever it was) tasted great! Like Skittles O:

...but a Dr. Pepper 2 would totally suck x.x

radyk05
08-26-2007, 11:08 PM
That and the ever handy knife-wrench. Safe for kids, and practical! *stab*I was going to say that!! *Loves Scrubs*

Eiko Guy
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Deadly skittles. i know that even though they are deadly I wouldn't be able to resist.

Evastio
08-26-2007, 11:27 PM
I guess you could as long as you list something that you don't want invented.

Værn
08-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Like this?

<zybl0re> get up
<zybl0re> get on up
<zybl0re> get up
<zybl0re> get on up

and DANCE
* nmp3bot dances :D-<
* nmp3bot dances :D|-<
* nmp3bot dances :D/-<
<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
Find a way to hide and transfer such a stabbing ability through MP3s or pictures... BAM! People will drop like flies.

Vermachtnis
08-27-2007, 03:05 AM
Hover Skateboards. Oh the headaches of the poor pedestrains.

Fonzie
08-27-2007, 03:07 AM
Hover Skateboards. Oh the headaches of the poor pedestrains.

That damn Micheal J. Fox.

The Ceej
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I guess you could as long as you list something that you don't want invented.

The drive thru

The Bluetooth phone earpiece

Text messaging

Those hot dogs sold already in their buns

Come to think of it, all hot dogs

The Mustang

The voice activated phone answering system that many companies make you go through now just to talk to a person. If I ever meet the guy who invented that, he shall surely die a slow and painful death.

The Blu-Ray. Come on. We all know HD-DVD will win this format war. The fact that Blu-Ray exists is only hindering technology. I'd get into why, but that's a whole nother thread.

________

And now something that doesn't exist that I hope is never invented

Fake human flesh. They were thinking about making a meat or meat substitute that tastes like human flesh. It was for people who wanted to know what it was like to eat people without actually eating people. I don't want this to be invented. The reason is, what if you like it? What if the company goes out of business? What if you really, really liked it?

rubah
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
What if you needed it for a skingraft

I like hot dogs, mustangs, and would like a piano skateboard :(

I hope they don't invent a new kind of mosquito.

Storm San
08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
The ad of this site with the puzzle pirates, it makes me wanna destoy my computer screen . I wanna catch this smiling pirate and tear his skin apart with my hands.

ReloadPsi
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I hope Future Esthar never invents anything for forensic science in any way.

Quindiana Jones
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Psychotic Cloning Machine.

Rye
08-27-2007, 05:54 PM
A teleportation device in which your head could be switched with another organism's if they enter the other part of the device.

JKTrix
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Rapture.

I agree with this post.

Madame Adequate
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
A teleportation device in which your head could be switched with another organism's if they enter the other part of the device.

Any teleportation into space occupied by another being will cause a telefrag, nothing worse.

I hope nobody ever invents organic kitchen implements. Can you imagine a living cheese grater? D:

ReloadPsi
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Can you imagine a living cheese grater? D:

Don't you know anyone with bad enough acne?

The Ceej
08-28-2007, 03:49 AM

I'm not sure if that's a joke or if you misunderstood me. It's hard to tell what with this forum being all text and whatnot.

Rengori
08-28-2007, 03:54 AM
Fake human flesh. They were thinking about making a meat or meat substitute that tastes like human flesh. It was for people who wanted to know what it was like to eat people without actually eating people. I don't want this to be invented. The reason is, what if you like it? What if the company goes out of business? What if you really, really liked it?

IT'S SOYLENT GREEN! PEOPLE IS SOYLENT GREEN!

Lawr
08-28-2007, 03:55 AM

I'm not sure if that's a joke or if you misunderstood me. It's hard to tell what with this forum being all text and whatnot.

Well, we DO have Italics. Thanks to whoever invented that.

You can't tell if that was sarcasm can you? :cool:

The Ceej
08-28-2007, 04:18 AM
No, Sagensyg. Not at all. That's not any less ambiguous than what Rubah said.

EDIT: Somehow, I posted this and I had a hard time remembering whether or not what I said was sarcasm. Now I'm having a hard time if the previous sentence in edit was also sarcasm. Damn. See how this text works?

Vincent, Thunder God
08-28-2007, 05:07 AM
Basically I hope that all of those tired Hollywood clichés of apocalyptic futures (i.e. the aftermath of mass nuclear warfare, mass alien invasions, sterile though-controlling dictatorships, and/or media-numbed populations) never actually come to be.

Also, I sort of wish computers and the Internet hadn't been invented, yet at the very same time love them both dearly. It's hard to explain - part of me loves certain aspects of computers, for example this very community, but I don't like the probabilities of where it all will lead. Somehow I think that in the future, there will be little room for such websites, as the Internet is bogged down by marketing just like TV and movies are now, even though they weren't once. These may well be the glory days of the Internet that just won't last.