PDA

View Full Version : Internet browsing connection problems

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I recently upgraded my system, to which I am very happy. However I have been experiencing a reoccuring problem since regarding my browsing. Basically it takes a few seconds for the page to actually begin loading whilst my browser attempts to find the information. Sometimes it'll load straight away, other times it takes ages (especially with pictures). It's really doing my head in since I can play online games easily without any lag yet browsing brings everything to a halt. To top it all off my IM refuses to connect now. >_>

I'm using Windows XP with the latest upgrades. I'm on sky broadband and using a wireless adapter on my computer to connect to it. I haven't changed any of the settings on my computer. I would download the drivers for my adapter but they seriously don't seem to exist (wireless-g linksys fyi).

Any thoughts?

crono_logical
08-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Possibly a DNS search problem causing the huge relay sometimes while it's looking (in the wrong place) where to go, whilst it's ok other times since it's using cached information.

You can see if following the instructions here (http://www.opendns.com/start/windows_xp.php) helps - make sure to choose Wireless Connection instead of Local Area Connection though :p

Namelessfengir
08-26-2007, 02:45 PM
that sounds right. id recommend uninstall, kill all the drivers for it in the machine and then reinstall and get the latest drivers installed.

or i could give the answer the everyone hates.... smash it!!!! while i dont condone that route for this problem it will piss people off to say it so i will

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I have tried both of these recommendations and neither seems to have helped. It might be worth mentioning that it's a Sky Broadband wireless connection (although I never had these problems with my old wireless setup).

Captain Maxx Power
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Sorry to flog a dead horse but I am still having problems and it is SERIOUSLY doing my effing tits in. :mad2: I may as well be on dial-up for all the time it takes to load things. To make matters worse it's affecting everything now, from WoW to D2 (games) to my Instant Messenger. I seriously need some insight into this. I'm using a Netgear Skybroadband wireless router. I have a Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54GS and the only thing separating my computer from the router is a single wall (I had no problems with a signal before). I'm using the latest drivers and have deleted/reinstalled them numerous times. I have already tried the suggestions given. Please help!!!!