PDA

View Full Version : Is Cloud a "dumb blonde"?

SuperMillionaire
08-26-2007, 06:26 PM
In FFVII, Cloud gets confused and mixed up easily. He suffers from amnesia and mind control. And he has blonde hair. Does this make him a "dumb blonde"? I know the term usually applies to females, but I still would like to know if you think he can be considered a "dumb blonde". I'm asking because I get mixed up and confused a lot sometimes too (although I'm a male and I'm not blonde).

TheSpoonyBard
08-26-2007, 06:28 PM
No. The colour of his hair isn't the reason for his behaviour.

PuPu
08-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Of course he's not a dumb blonde.

Xurts
08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
It's because of Hojo's experiments that Cloud is like that.

SuperMillionaire
08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
It's because of Hojo's experiments that Cloud is like that.

Although it is a coincidence that he is blonde...

Nifleheim7
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
SE has a perseverance with blond characters.

demondude
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Well yeah its a coincidence the dumb blonde thing is a stupid term anyway.

PuPu
08-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Zidane, Tidus, and Vaan were blonde too. Square sure loves main characters to be blonde.

SuperMillionaire
08-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Well maybe not all blondes are dumb...

Any more FF blondes?

Comet
08-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Zell, but he is too educational.

Serapy
08-26-2007, 07:42 PM
What about Zidane?

Namelessfengir
08-26-2007, 11:26 PM
What about Zidane?

pupu already said him/her

SuperMillionaire
08-27-2007, 01:10 AM
How intelligent are they?

Rengori
08-27-2007, 03:00 AM

Go to Menu then Status.

Hazzard
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
They need a different sort of look for a main, these days, blonds are becoming too used up for the main role.

SuperMillionaire
08-27-2007, 07:29 PM

Go to Menu then Status.

No, I meant the characters...

And not all main characters were blonde; Leon had brown hair.

Firo Volondé
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Go to Menu then Status.

But Leon wasn't the main character of II, it was Firion. I don't think you can count the NES generation anyway, they weren't detailed enough...

Cecil, Ramza, Marche and Terra all had blonde hair and were main characters in a Final Fantasy game. (some may argue Terra fits neither category, but her hair is blonde in her concept art and in the N64 demo that showed her in 3D; plus she is the first character you play as, and IMO, the most significant due to being Half-Esper) Bartz and Squall are the only dark-haired main characters around.

And in any case, "dumb blonde" refers to stupidity, not a fragile mental state.

Mercen-X
08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Actually, a lot of blonde guys are stereotyped as "dumb blondes." To say that the term is used specifically for girls is sexist and betrays one's own narrow view of the world. You'd do well to watch Not Another Teen Movie or any other teen movie where a blonde punk plays opposite the lead. Dumb-Dumb DUMB!! Yodyodyodyodyo!

Rengori
08-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Go to Menu then Status.

It's a joke. -_-

But Leon wasn't the main character of II, it was Firion. I don't think you can count the NES generation anyway, they weren't detailed enough...
I think he was referring to Squall, who's called Leon in Kingdom Hearts.

SuperMillionaire
08-29-2007, 02:36 AM

Go to Menu then Status.

Cecil, Ramza, Marche and Terra all had blonde hair and were main characters in a Final Fantasy game. (some may argue Terra fits neither category, but her hair is blonde in her concept art and in the N64 demo that showed her in 3D; plus she is the first character you play as, and IMO, the most significant due to being Half-Esper) Bartz and Squall are the only dark-haired main characters around.

And in any case, "dumb blonde" refers to stupidity, not a fragile mental state.

Well, I get mixed up and confused, but I'm not stupid. But I'd like to know this: what is a "fragile mental state"?

Rengori
08-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Insanity, confusion, etc, not lack of intelligence.

SuperMillionaire
08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh... sometimes I have a fragile mental state too.

arcanedude34
08-29-2007, 06:11 PM

He meant from FFVIII

Cecil, Ramza, Marche and Terra all had blonde hair and were main characters in a Final Fantasy game.

Cecil had blue/purple hair, Kain had the blond hair hair

Firo Volondé
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Oh... sometimes I have a fragile mental state too.

You can't "sometimes" have a fragile mental state. It's like a third arm, you either have it all the time or you never have it. When you are confused, it's not because your brain is damaged, it's because of other things.

He meant from FFVIII

The main character of FFVIII is Squall, though. He does go by the name Leon is KH, but since he is neither the main character nor is it a FF game, it is irrelevant.

Cecil, Ramza, Marche and Terra all had blonde hair and were main characters in a Final Fantasy game.

Cecil had blue/purple hair, Kain had the blond hair hair

Cecil's potrait shows him to have blonde hair. For whatever reason (possibly so it wouldn't clash with his cape and headgear) his sprite's hair was given a purplish tinge.

SuperMillionaire
08-31-2007, 04:46 PM
So someone who is fragile-minded has the potential for insanity?

Hyperion4444
09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Well maybe not all blondes are dumb...

Any more FF blondes?

Quistis, surely not dumb blond.

cloud21zidane16
09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
if he didnt have all those problems then half of the plot would be gone:p

Nifleheim7
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
So someone who is fragile-minded has the potential for insanity?

SuperMillionaire,don't judge yourself based on opinions of total strangers about fictionary characters.
You have somehow made this personal,which i think is wrong.

Aerisfanatic
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
no hes an excentric blonde

Jimsour
09-17-2007, 08:02 AM
In FFVII, Cloud gets confused and mixed up easily. He suffers from amnesia and mind control. And he has blonde hair. Does this make him a "dumb blonde"? I know the term usually applies to females, but I still would like to know if you think he can be considered a "dumb blonde". I'm asking because I get mixed up and confused a lot sometimes too (although I'm a male and I'm not blonde).

No, Cloud shows he has intelligence through much of the game, mind control and intelligence are two different things. Same with intelligence and insanity, although I dont think he's insane either, far from it.

Rikushomegirl7
09-29-2007, 03:46 PM
LOL OMG! I was thinking that exact same thing yesterday! lol and yeah he is. I love him, he's awesome! but i qualify him as a dumb blonde. lol