PDA

View Full Version : Duck Hunt

Evastio
08-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Has anyone here owned Duck Hunt on the NES? If you did did you have the Zapper Gun that was required to play it? What's your opinion on the game?

I owned the game and I found it quite fun. Except when that dog laughs at you for not getting any of the ducks. Too bad shooting him has no effect.

Ramza Beoulve
08-27-2007, 01:10 AM
It was the first game I saw and played in my life, and one of the coolest. The simplistic game style is just wonderful. I still have the Zapper Gun in my room, and sometimes I just shoot it to remember that times, that click it's one of the things that remembers me that I'll always be a gamer :). And yeah, I still have nightmares were that damned dog laughs at me, but I shoot him there ;).

*EDITGAAA!!!*
My Zapper gun is a grey one ;).

The Unknown Guru
08-27-2007, 01:45 AM
I love Duck Hunt. It's especially fun when you walk up to the screen and blast the ducks at point-blank.

Shiny
08-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Has anyone here owned Duck Hunt on the NES? Yes. It might still be around the house somewhere.
If you did did you have the Zapper Gun that was required to play it? Yeah, that gun was pretty cool. Reminded me of arcade style games.
What's your opinion on the game? Overall I thought it was enjoyable, but there's something off-setting about simulating animal cruelty. I'd like to think that after those ducks were shot they'd be eaten if weren't a video-game.

Tavrobel
08-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Yes.
Own? I had three!
Bow down and worship.

Fonzie
08-27-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm so great, I killed the dog once.

No lie.

KentaRawr!
08-27-2007, 02:13 AM
I had it. It came with Super Mario Bros., right? o.o

I had the gun at one point, but I think it broke.

JKTrix
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
It's one of my favourite games, I played it once in a while up until I got a bigger system. The last time I played it was probably back in March.

I have the orange zapper and a grey one shaped like a revolver.

ljkkjlcm9
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I have it, and my friend upstairs has it here at school.
It was fun, until I realized how easy it is!

Get a white piece of paper and just shoot that and you'll hit the duck everytime!

THE JACKEL

Roto13
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
It's pretty awesome. I have both an orange zapper and a grey one.

Flying Mullet
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Has anyone here owned Duck Hunt on the NES?
Yup, I still have it.

If you did did you have the Zapper Gun that was required to play it?
Yup, I still have it.

What's your opinion on the game?
It's a fun game. :)

ReloadPsi
08-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I love Duck Hunt. It's especially fun when you walk up to the screen and blast the ducks at point-blank.

It's amusing how the manual for the Zapper itself advises standing six feet away. Also that the boy in the Zapper's manual is wearing trousers, the kid in the Duck Hunt manual is wearing shorts.

Meat Puppet
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I started hacking a ROM of Duck Hunt for the NES into Sonic Hunt as a birthday present for a friend. I gave up after I had changed about one and a half sprites, though; it is just something I don’t have the patience for.

Old Manus
08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I had both the gun and the game. It was pretty boring tbh

demondude
08-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I go out in the streets in my hunting outfit shooting pedestrians with the zapper.

On a side note I once made a game called dick hunt.

yanis
08-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Yeah, I was impressed with that dog, it was like first FMV I've ever watched! And I remember throwing away that gun coz it wasn't working anymore:(

Breine
08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
For some reason I didn't have it myself - wasn't it a game that came with the NES, or am I mistaken?

Anyway, my best friend at the time owned the game, and he had the zapper gun (or whatever) that belonged with the game. As far as I remember we used to play it quite a bit.. Old-school is cool :cool:

Rostum
09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, this along with Super Mario Bros. was the first game I had got with my NES back then. Lots of fun, and it felt so good to shoot!

Peegee
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Duck Hunt / SMB 1 was the first NES game we got (cuz it came with the system).

Fun fact: if you get past level 99 on duck hunt it rolls back down to level 1 :D

Proxy
09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Reading this thread makes me wish I still had mine.
This sucks. You guys suck. :(

Bolivar
09-07-2007, 07:01 PM
One of the first console games i ever played (maybe the first). My dad and my uncle both had it and were obsessed with video games back then. I'm not sure why they stopped soon after. But it's probably why i'm into it.

Lynx
09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
who doesnt love duck hunt? no matter how old that game gets you cna pick it up anytime and play and have so much fun.

i have an orange and gray zapper guns.

oddler
09-08-2007, 03:10 AM
I hated Duck Hunt. :greenie: But, yeah, I had it.

rubah
09-08-2007, 07:16 AM
we had the grey non-safety gun!:D

I should dig that out. Man that dog was infuriating.

Slothy
09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I own it and the Zapper right now. In fact, Duck Hunt is sitting on top of my NES right in front of me. It's a shame the Zapper won't work with my LCD TV though, since Duck Hunt is one of the best light gun games ever.