PDA

View Full Version : The Soundtrack to Your Life!

Wolf Kanno
08-27-2007, 10:06 AM
So I am really bored and thought this might be a fun diversion...

Let's say someone decided to make a TV show or movie about your life (it's Hollywood they'll make a movie about anything...) now you have to build a soundtrack for the film. What trakcs would you use and and where would you put them? What would be your characters personal theme song, what song would play in the opening? How about the ending? Have fun and try to have detailed answers (if you say you only want this one CD by some band to be it and don't deliberate any further, then you fail at life...)

Lawr
08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
I'd probably pirate the stuff from FL Studio. Yes I AM advertising.

PS.
I fail at life.

The Mog Ninja
08-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I fail at life.

That you do.

Tallulah
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
da blak parade by mcr cuz GERARD ROX!!!!!!!!!!11111one

Only joking. ;)

Ever Fallen In Love With Someone by The Buzzcocks, Somebody Else's Guy by Jocelyn Brown, and Daydream Believer by The Monkees would definitely be in there somewhere. The first two are fairly self-explanatory, and the third just reminds me of my university buddies, and the Jailhouse Rock bar. :love:

Mitch
08-27-2007, 03:36 PM
View From The Afternoon - Arctic Monkeys I think this would make a cool intro. Simple and grunty. The lyrics are kinda relevant in their own little way too.

Why Can't I Touch It? - The Buzzcocks This one could play in the mandatory drug trip scene.

In Love - The Datsuns For the lovey dovey bits

Wake Up - Coheed and Cambria Emo break up =D

The Carpal Tunnel of Love - Fall Out Boy This is just one of those songs that makes me really excited.

Safety Dance - Men Without Hats No real reason for this song 'cept that it's awesome

That's all I can think of for the moment.

The Ceej
08-27-2007, 04:24 PM
I would have John Williams compose the score. Of course, he'd have to get to know me first.

ReloadPsi
08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't know what songs I'd use, but if it's Hollywood, that means they can afford to commission Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold and Linkin Park, as well as Daisuke Ishiwatari, composer of the Guilty Gear games, to compose an original soundtrack (upon reading the script)... for that reason a large amount of the film would have to resemble a video game, as I would ask one of the latter two to handle a video game soundtrack were I in a posi<b></b>tion to do so. Oh yeah, if there really has to be any tracks with vocals then A7X only please. Actually I'd definitely have "And All Things Will End" for the outro.

No go? No film. Get lost you evil, lazy, POOR directors and producers!

Bolivar
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
The Music from the play "Cavalleria Rusticana"

I guess that means I fail at life.

Rocket Edge
08-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Cool thread. Erm... let me think.

Waiting in Vain - Bob Marley
Temptationz - 2Pac
Do for Love - 2Pac
Can't Let Go - Anthony Hamilton
Claire De Lune - Claude DeBussy
My Hometown - Bruce Springsteen
Summertime - Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff
Warning - Green Day
Fire & Rain - James Taylor
Got 'till it's Gone - Janet Jackson
Heard 'Em Say - Kanye West
Iguana - Mauro Picotto
Champange Supernova - Oasis
Fade (Eric Kupper Remix) - Solu Music
Pour out a little Liquor - Thug Life
I still Haven't Found what I'm looking for - U2
Boys and Girls - Good Charlotte
The Drugs don't Work - The Verve

Some obviously have more relevance than others. :monster:

The Ceej
08-28-2007, 03:52 AM
Yeah. I don't understand why people want to use existing songs for the soundtrack of their life. I mentioned earlier I would have John Williams compose the score, and I expected that to get people thinking in a different direction about the soundtrack of their lives. Existing songs aren't personal. They don't get the job done. You should have something composed just for the occasion. Besides, movie soundtracks are always better when the soundtrack is composed rather than stolen from existing sources.

Vermachtnis
08-28-2007, 04:22 AM
Ponpon ~ Ai Opening Credits

Carry on my Wayward Son ~ Kansas Closing Credits

GIR's Doom Song ~ GIR Shortbus Roadtrip

Get Ready 2 Rokk ~ Freezepop BGM when destiny craps on me and I'm I have do something important

Invasion from Within ~ TsunamiBomb Conflicting Emotional Scene

Bohemian Rhapsody ~ Queen I'll find away to put it in my movie

Stairway to Heaven ~ Zepplin When my girlfriend dies and then again when she comes back[/B]

Happy People ~ Bleach [I]Reunited with the Shortbus Gang

Answers ~ Vigilance When I fight GOD to get my girlfriend back

Lake Bodem ~ Children of Bodem Epic LotR battle between Shortbus Gang, The Legions of Hell, and The Army of Heaven

My movie would be an Action, Romance, Comedy, Parody, Buddy Film.

Proxy
08-28-2007, 04:41 AM
Haha...good thread. The only thing I can think of is;
Nine Inch Nails - Closer I think anyone who has heard the song knows where this goes haha.

redxiiii
08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Should I stay or should I go now- The Clash for those tough descions in life.

Darkja
08-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Hmmm....

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls would by my theme..

Forget to be Human by Tactical Sekt as an opening
-my early downfall

#1 Crush (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/garbage/1crush.html)by Garbage
-meeting the love of my life

Ghost of a Rose (http://http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Ghost-of-a-Rose-lyrics-Blackmore%27s-Night/EB9E33DD39332A0948256F95000B3B4E)by Blackmore's Night
-the long goodbye..

Ride On (http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/C/cruachanlyrics/cruachanrideonlyrics.htm) by Cruachan
-realizing we'll never be back the way we were

..yep. It'd be a pretty depressing love story. ):
/

Wolf Kanno
08-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Yeah. I don't understand why people want to use existing songs for the soundtrack of their life. I mentioned earlier I would have John Williams compose the score, and I expected that to get people thinking in a different direction about the soundtrack of their lives. Existing songs aren't personal. They don't get the job done. You should have something composed just for the occasion. Besides, movie soundtracks are always better when the soundtrack is composed rather than stolen from existing sources.

Though I disagree with your sentiments about original scores being better than compilations; that's a topic for another thread;)

But to be honest, if you were going for originality, wouldn't it be better to compose the music yourself since commissioning someone else to do it for you would still count as a biographical expression of yourself? To me, having a composer commisioned to do it for you is the same as choosing pre-existing music to express yourself since both processes lack the level of personalization to truly reflect who an individual is. But that's just my take on it...:D

Besides, the method of choosing pre-existing songs allows others to better understand and learn about another individual. We can listen to the music and understand where they are coming from; at least from a minor level.

The Ceej
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Wolf, yes it would be more personal I composed the music myself. However, I can't compose music, which is why all the songs I write are parodies. Also, I don't know myself well enough to compose a fitting musical score even if I could. Not that John Williams knows me, but it'd be easier for him to get to know me that for me to do it. Not really, but he can learn a little about me by getting to know me and then composing a fitting score that goes well with the story.

Comet
08-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Spiderman theme at the beginning intro. Instead if 'Marvel' it says 'Comet' and you see flashbacks of my life. Repeat.