PDA

View Full Version : Hazzard's KH2 Challenge [Ideas are needed]

Hazzard
08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Alright, this game is way too easy for my liking, so I want to harden it up a bit, and do my first ultimate challenge. Firstly, I need some good ideas on three drawbacks I should do on my first challenge playthrough, then I'll decide if I want to do it or not.

So people, give me three things which would make this game more difficult [I will be on Proud Mode doing this challenge] Go!

demondude
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Single character maybe?
I'm not sure about the other two though I havent played kingdom hearts for ages.

PuPu
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
-Low Level challenge. You ignore all the Heartless and Nobodies that appear randomly and only fight forced battles and boss battles. By the time you get to Sephiroth, the lowest possible level is 34. (This is assuming that you didn't get Anti-Form during forced battles, since Anti-Form gives you 0 XP)

-No Healing challenge. You don't use Cure/ra/ga, or any healing items such as Potions or Hi-Potions. (Ethers would be fine in my opinion) The only healing things you could use would be Save Points and HP orbs, since they are almost unavoidable. Oh yeah, no using Donald's Cure either.

-Kingdom Key Challenge. Use Kingdom Key through the whole game. Use weaker keyblades like Hidden Dragon or Sweet Memory if you want.

-Mashing X challenge. Even though I don't believe this is possible, I've heard numerous people say in this forum say that they have beaten the game by only mashing X. Try it if you want.

You could also try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz8Yr5jmNsM

qwertysaur
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
1) Use only original weapons for all characters.
2) No drives, Limits or Summons. (Execption to this rule for unlocking Cups in the Olympus Colluseum)
3) No reaction commands. (Eception for any reaction command needed to defeat a boss or progress with the story.)

PuPu
09-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Oh yeah, I thought of another one:

-1st person mode challenge. Personally, I think this is the most insane of them all, since if you do this, you will not be able to use R1 or Square, as they will take you out of 1st person mode. That means no Guard or Lock-on! :eek: Though, you can still use reaction commands, since it is necessary in boss battles. I also don't believe this is even possible; but if you want, go ahead and try.

Firo Volondé
09-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Play it with your feet, blindfolded. Still way too easy for your liking? :mwahaha:

Clawsze
09-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah, I thought of another one:

-1st person mode challenge. Personally, I think this is the most insane of them all, since if you do this, you will not be able to use R1 or Square, as they will take you out of 1st person mode. That means no Guard or Lock-on! :eek: Though, you can still use reaction commands, since it is necessary in boss battles. I also don't believe this is even possible; but if you want, go ahead and try.

That would get tedious during bosses after using reaction commands like in Xemnas #1

Hazzard
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I might just do this:

-Only use the three first, primary weapons you receive for each character (PuPu's idea)
-Low level challenge (PuPu's idea)
-No Drives. Limits or Summons (qwerty's idea)

Let the challenge begin!

I will post frequent updates on my [KH2.Chall] when I play it.

First off, do you think I can do it?

PuPu
09-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I have doubts about doing all three of them at the same time, since I had to abuse Drives, Limits, and Summons like crazy on my low level playthrough. :Oo:

But if you still plan doing all three, here are some tips:
-Make sure you pick the Shield right before you fight Twilight Thorn with Roxas. This will allow you to get Once More at level 25, much earlier than by picking the other two. Second Chance is at level 49 though, which you might not be able to get.

-Abuse Magnet+Fire when facing large groups of enemies for a quick kill.

- Abuse Reflect to avoid almost any attack.

- Don't always use Cure as soon Sora's HP goes Critical. Conserve your MP.

- When you have Once More, don't overdo Aerial Recovery in the middle of an enemy's combo. If you use Aerial Recovery, it will stop Once More from protecting you from dying in a combo.

Hazzard
09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Alright, I'll keep the first two on my list, and the third will be left usable in my challenge. Thanks for the advice, PuPu, but now I need to think about when you have to beat monsters and level your max ability points, so I gain more abilities...

Formalhaut
09-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Theres a little thing when using drives, when you go into a drive form, Your Hp goes back to full. This makes it very valuble in boss fights. If you have a drive of 6, and go into valour, and revert, you still have enough drive for another go. 3+3 = 6 So 3+3 = 2 free hp refills.

PuPu
09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Theres a little thing when using drives, when you go into a drive form, Your Hp goes back to full. This makes it very valuble in boss fights. If you have a drive of 6, and go into valour, and revert, you still have enough drive for another go. 3+3 = 6 So 3+3 = 2 free hp refills.
Except when you Drive into Anti-Form. Now you are stuck in a horrible form for a while with zero Drive Points.

Goldenboko
09-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Except when you Drive into Anti-Form. Now you are stuck in a horrible form for a while with zero Drive Points.
That just happened to me today when I was fighting Xaldin :(

Clawsze
09-03-2007, 09:31 PM

I pity you, how unfortunate can you get....I feel your pain, I got Anti-Form fighting Demyx just as he used his kill 10 clones in 10 secs.

Goldenboko
09-04-2007, 03:57 AM

I pity you, how unfortunate can you get....I feel your pain, I got Anti-Form fighting Demyx just as he used his kill 10 clones in 10 secs.

I had him down to one bar of health too :cry:

Formalhaut
09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Well though luck, but you can Lower your chance of getting into Anti form with this neat thing.

Taken from A Gamefaqs guide from Fayt2700

I've recieved some E-mails regarding the prevention and how often you'll
transform into this form, and it's all based on a point system. The
following was provided by Beamneocube:

There actually is a pattern/probability of changing into Anti-form.
There are these things that you cant see called Anti-points. Whenever
you go into Valor, Wisdom, or Master forms, your Anti-points go up by
one (+1). If you change form while an ally is unconcious, the points do
nothing (+0, -0) When you change into Final form, the Anti-points go
down by ten(-10). Whenever you actually go into Anti-Form, they drop by
four (-4). Also, when you aquire a new form, the points reset
themselves. So basically, the more Anti-points you have, the more of a
chance there is that you will go into Anti Form. If you have 0-4 Anti
points, there is a 0% chance of changing. If you have 5-9 points, there
is a 10% chance. If you have 10 or more, then there is a 25% chance.
That though is not the only thing that affects the change rate. During a
normal fight, the percent is x1. During most scripted battles,
the chance is x2. During fights with Organization XIII, it is a x4.
Against Armored Xemnas, there is a x10 multiplier. In battles with
Non-Party Coopritive Characters, (such as those with the people from
Final Fantasy and when Hercules is with you, but you cant see his health
bar) there is no chance of transforming (x0).

So how does one prevent Anti-Sora? Simple, use the hell out of Final,
which will knock down the Anti-Points by a total of 10, meaning the
more you use it, the less of a chance you'll have of EVER becoming
Anti-Sora again.</pre>Do for Demyx you will have a x4 multiplier of getting into anti form UNLESS you have less than 4 anti points.

PuPu
09-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Final Form appears by chance, like Anti-Form. But when you finally have it, you will be able to access it at all times.

But the problem with that, Balthier Rocks, is that you don't get Final Form until after the cutscene where Sora "fights" Roxas.

Goldenboko
09-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Final Form appears by chance, like Anti-Form. But when you finally have it, you will be able to access it at all times.

But the problem with that, Balthier Rocks, is that you don't get Final Form until after the cutscene where Sora "fights" Roxas.

Damn you PuPu, swarming like lokus katkhing all korrektions I want to make.

Formalhaut
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM

I know that already PuPu, Ive also MAXed all forms as well, what im saying is also that he should refrain from using drives unless he is in desperation. And well when he gets final he can just use the hell out of that and use his drives freely.