PDA

View Full Version : For this next part I want you to scream louder then you ever have before!

Goldenboko
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I saw my first live concert yesterday. It was one of the concerts of the projekt revolution tour, and it was freaking awesome :D

When did you see your first live concert? Who was it? Did ya like it? How old where you?

Ashi
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm in my twenties and I've never been to a concert.

And I don't plan on ever going to one, as shocking as that sounds. :eek:

Breine
08-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I dig going to concerts! Hmm, I don't exactly remember what my first concert was, but the first major one was when I saw Michael Jackson live back when I was like 7.. It was on his HIStory tour and it happened to be on his birthday. So, I've sung happy birthday to Michael Jackson :P

ReloadPsi
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm in my twenties and I've never been to a concert.

And I don't plan on ever going to one, as shocking as that sounds. :eek:

This, not counting pub gigs.

Zeldy
08-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I've never been a concert actually, most of my favourite bands don't travel out of Scandinavia. When The Rasmus used to tour here I was too young, and no one would come with me. There is one in November, though, which I am planning on going. It's Within Temptation and The 69 eyes :jess:

I've been to festivals, well, little ones. :p

Disco Potato
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
My parents took me to a Yanni concert when I was 9. From what I can remember, the music was pretty good, but I got tired and kind of cranky toward the end :exdee:

Rengori
08-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Never been to one, I'm probably not going to purposely end up at one for another 2 years since I can't drive until then and my parents are afraid of Slayer (I did catch a stream of a Slayer concert 2 days ago though).

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, My first was Warped Tour last year. I wasn't very into music back then. But I got to see and jump around to Anti-Flag, one of my favorite groups.

I have also been to Black Label Society, My Chemical Romance, Nickelback, and Nickelback again. With BLS I got to see Priestess and Black Stone Cherry(who I like more than BLS:D ) With Nickelback the first time I saw Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace(love them). And the second time it was with Puddle of Mudd and Finger Eleven. Yeah. Good times.

I also went to Warped Tour this year. Fun stuff. I crowd surfed and moshed. I got to jump around and have fun with a bunch of my favorite bands. The Matches, New Found Glory, Envy on the Coast, Boys Like Girls, Flogging Molly. So much fun. :D

McLovin'
08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
A lot in 8th and 9th grade.

and my first was Green Day.

Shiny
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Back when I was around 10, or so my parents took me to the TRL tour...concert thing, because my mom was friends with the mother of someone who was performing. So we got there late, because my dad wanted to do push-ups to win a free t-shirt. Once he got it the place was already packed and a group was already performing so we forced unto the lawn.

The good thing is we got to meet Destiny's Child who were in a tent on the lawn. We did that while Jessica Simpson was performing cuz when didn't want to see that crap. The other performers were 3LW and Dream. All in all it was alright. I would have enjoyed it more if I were sitting in a seat though.

Meat Puppet
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
My grandma took me to some weird folk festival back in ’96 or what have you. There was on-stage music... I guess it counts as a concert.

oddler
08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
The first concert I went to was Ozzfest. I saw quite a lot of bands including Kittie, the main reason I wanted to go.

I've been to see Fall Out Boy, Plus44, The Academy Is..., Cobra Starship, Blink 182, New Found Glory, Midtown, and Mest.

Concerts are pretty much kick-ass in a package. :love:

kikimm
08-27-2007, 09:04 PM
This belongs in the lounge!

I saw my first concert...7 years ago, at the forum. It was the backstreet boys, and I totally loved it.

Kirobaito
08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
My first concert was four years ago, and it was Toby Keith, Scottie Emerick, and Terri Clark in Raleigh, North Carolina. I would no longer go to a concert like that, but at the time I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Jessweeee♪
08-28-2007, 12:27 AM
I saw my first live concert yesterday. It was one of the concerts of the projekt revolution tour, and it was freaking awesome :D

When did you see your first live concert? Who was it? Did ya like it? How old where you?

OMG I HATE YOU! I had to watch it on myspace :kaocry2:

Well, the only concert I've seen is Lisa Furukawa at Realmscon, but there's maybe fifty people at the most in there watching, so it's not a huge event or anything :P

Madame Adequate
08-28-2007, 03:14 AM
I detest concerts.

Proxy
08-28-2007, 04:38 AM
I don't remember my first, but my most recent was Hawthorne heights and Kill Hannah in Kitchener. I loved it...Well Kill Hannah anyway.
I was supposed to go to Warped this year but that fell apart faster than a wet cookie.

The Unknown Guru
08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
My parents took me to see Billy Bragg and Wilco when I was about 4 or 5. I can't really remember it.

Most recently, I've seen a Wolfmother concert, but I'm going to Bumbershoot on Saturday to see The Shins and Gogol Bordello. Maybe a bit of DeVotchKa, too.

blim
08-30-2007, 11:13 PM
You bastard Guru, id love to see Gogol Bordello!

Been to a few gigs, my first was a band called Monkey Jungle when i was about 15. Since then i've seen Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Therapy, Eric Clapton, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Sepultura, Exploited, Discharge and many more. My favourite gig was Motorhead, christ that was loud or this one (a friends band, may include some swearing, i cant remember YouTube - smashed cop car up during gig (march to the grave) FURZE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3g4cd7CKCU) )

Last gig was a pub gig i played at a week or so ago, next one will either be our next one or Conflict (i am really looking forward to seeing Conflict)

For me i prefer playing gigs to attending them, although venues like The Shed in Leicester and Junction 7 in Nottingham have some great bands on.

Darkja
08-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Cradle of Filth.. grade 8.
\m/

Rengori
08-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Cradle of Filth.. grade 8.
\m/

We're they still good back then?

JackNapier
08-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Gigantour in 2005. It's one I'll never forget.

Rostum
09-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Pearl Jam when I was 16-years-old. Was absolutely awesome, yet far from my favourite that I've been to.

I'd rather go to smaller concerts, rather than huge arena ones. That way I get to enjoy not squinting to see what they are doing on stage. I absolutely love live music, it's a lot better and more creative than studio work. Unless the PA system and engineers suck.

Ryth
09-01-2007, 06:02 PM
My first concert was actually only last month. I saw Zappa Plays Zappa, it was a good show. I enjoyed it a lot. :)

Necronopticous
09-01-2007, 06:19 PM
The first show I ever saw was David Bowie in the Summer of 1990, during his Sound+Vision world tour. The Labyrinth was my favorite childhood movie, so the concert was an amazing first experience to me.

Rostum
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
The first show I ever saw was David Bowie in the Summer of 1990, during his Sound+Vision world tour.

That would have been so awesome!

Resha
09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
None yet; I'm waiting for something really special to roll around. I want my first concert to be so amazingly spectacular :p

The only artists who ever usually come to Malaysia are the rubbish ones I wouldn't even go and see for free (Pussycat Dolls, Fergie, Black-Eyed Peas etc) -- Gwen Stefani was here a week or so ago, but eh :p I don't like her that much.

41-Inches-Wide
09-02-2007, 02:59 PM
I forgot my first concert! :jess:

snacks
09-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I went to my first concert at least 7 or 8 years ago, but it was more a local show.

I saw some crappy local hardcore bands, my first "real" local show was Brother's Keeper when there were so many people there was crowd surfing at the front door just to get in.

BardTard
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I was 12. It was boring, I don't like them anymore, and we got bad seats. We couldn't see a thing.

Yesterday I went to another concert. I was't really excited about it, considering I've never heard of them before, but it was alright. :) My mom's friend was drunk and she kept telling me to dance and I'm like "I can't dance to this!" So yeah... no dancetastic concerts :(

Necronopticous
09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
The trick is to see someone that you like.

Tallulah
09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
She Said! one of my friend's ex-boyfriend's old bands, in a little venue called Spitz in London (near Liverpool Street station), about 18 months ago. It was really a showcase of small independent bands recording on their own label, and only really known because of Myspace.

In October last year my housemates went to see a show by a solo artist called Jeremy Warmsley, because one of my housemates, Frankie, was drummer in the support band, The Bobby McGees another one of those underground, look-for-us-on-Myspace bands (http://www.myspace.com/thebobbymcgees). They went down better than the headline act, who was quite crap actually. :eep:

Plus a couple of pub gigs, one featuring a rhythmn and blues band, The Slimline Papas, and another a :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty covers band. I left after five minutes because they were too loud, and made a complete mess of Sunshine Of Your Love. :mad: