PDA

View Full Version : Metroid prime 3

demondude
08-27-2007, 02:58 PM
As we all know metroid prime 3 is upon us so naturally I made it my job to make a thread about it.

I'm not sure when we'll be getting it in the UK but IGN gave it 9.5.

Dragonsoul
08-27-2007, 05:23 PM
I heard of Metroid games but never played them. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a first person shooter for the Wii that will be popular.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (wii: 2007): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/metroidprime3corruption?q=metroid%20prime%203)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Reviews (http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928517.asp)

The reviews are very high! I don't play first person shooter but I'm impressed. By the way I may get a Wii next Spring.

ljkkjlcm9
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I heard of Metroid games but never played them. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a first person shooter for the Wii that will be popular.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (wii: 2007): Reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/metroidprime3corruption?q=metroid%20prime%203)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Reviews (http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928517.asp)

The reviews are very high! I don't play first person shooter but I'm impressed. By the way I may get a Wii next Spring.
that's because it's more commonly called a FPA not an FPS
First Person Adventure as opposed to First Person Shooter.

Unlike FPS games which are all about just running around shooting people, and typically very linear... Metroid Prime, as well as other Metroid games, pride themselves on exploration

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
08-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Seen this from a couple of sources, including IGN, Shacknews and Wikipedia.

Experiment status report update. Metroid project 'Dread' is nearing the final stages of completion.

Metroid Dread (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_series#Metroid_Dread) was 'announced' as a 2D DS game in 2005, but has been quite elusive ever since. Wonder if that really is a hint.

KentaRawr!
08-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Personally, I wouldn't call Metroid a First Person Adventure. The fact that it's first person doesn't really change enough about the gameplay to me to call it anything other than an Action Adventure game. Plus, First Person Adventure makes me think of that maze in that one computer game where you had to find out how to get out of this world where you play as a toy. >_>

Vermachtnis
08-28-2007, 03:17 AM
I love Metroid, but my problem is that I like to explore too much and the first three I could never get better then helmetless Samus XD.

Skyblade
08-28-2007, 04:09 AM
I love Metroid, but my problem is that I like to explore too much and the first three I could never get better then helmetless Samus XD.

That's why multiple save files are your friend. One with speed run, the rest with full world exploring awesomeness. Besides, completion is the only prerequisite for good endings in the Prime series.

Red Phire
08-28-2007, 06:10 AM
I really can't wait for this game!! Metroid Prime was probably one of the best games out last gen. It was just so flippin sweet, the second one was... pretty good. It got frustrating a few times but I still liked it. :)

Anyways It just sucks I can't get it till I get paid on friday. :mad:

Markus. D
08-28-2007, 06:34 AM
I wanna play it :3!

It better have nice music n___n~ like Prime did~ (haven't played too much of 2).

Skyblade
08-29-2007, 02:51 AM
So far, this game is awesome. The controls, graphics, music, and gameplay are all great. The credit system is a little annoying, but that is my only gripe so far.

As an additional side point that may or may not be of interest, this game is reminding me of E.E. "Doc" Smith's Chronicles of the Lensmen.

Sephex
08-29-2007, 03:05 AM
I bought it today. Love it. Set the controls to advanced, and I am having a blast. The graphics look much better than I thought. The music is perfect (I loved the remix of the opening Super Matroid theme). I also like how the game is more cinematic. Some people won't like the voices, but they are well done, and hey, they don't make Samus count and that's what matters.

Back the the controls here...I can't believe how fluid they are. I wasn't being a cynic and thinking that they would suck, but I thought they would be awkward in some way. It's awesome how natural everything feels for me. Remember: I set the controls to advanced.

Yeah, this may be my favorite Prime game if things keep up like this.

Skyblade
08-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Ok, the credit system is growing on me a bit. If you don't want to know about some of the cool credits out there, don't read the spoilers.

While evading Ridley flawlessly or yanking levers fast enough to avoid resets was a royal pain in the butt, some of the credits are just so much fun. Saving GF Marines on the Olympus (although I did watch the guy getting sucked out the hull breach, just for kicks). Freeze a Reptilicus while its Chakram is in midair, and, as it returns, it cuts his frozen form to pieces for a Icy Reptilicide friend voucher. Similarly, walking across a bridge and destroying it behind you, sending the enemies plunging into an abyss while you walk away with that "I'm a badass" slow walk Samus has for a Stylish Kill friend voucher.

I'll need to set up my Wii's internet sometime to trade over friend vouchers. I've got plenty (you can earn tons of them when you face the Crawlmines in the Olympus, just keep killing the little guys instead of heading down the Morph Ball tunnel, I got 500 kills in a few minutes, and they drop enough energy to keep you alive).

Plot is really nice so far. Seems to be going a little faster than the first two Prime games (quite a bit of my play time has been resetting trying to get some of those darned credits/friend vouchers). There are a lot of areas to explore, but they are small and fairly linear. Still, the game rocks.