PDA

View Full Version : "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

ReloadPsi
08-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Really? Well I don't see anyone leaping from their seats to kick my ass when they survive getting their limbs removed.

What clichés, proverbs and phrases do you consider to be utter tripe and why?

Captain Maxx Power
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
"A bird in the hand is worth two in bush" - And why, exactly, can't I take the bush and be done?

Storm San
08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Experience is a brush you have when you dont have hair anymore .
And this saying is useless.

PuPu
08-27-2007, 04:35 PM
"It's better to have found and lost than to have never found."

If I found $20 and then lost it, I would be really pissed off. If I had never found it, then I wouldn't have lost it, saving me a really pissed off moment.

So instead, I say: "It's better to have found and lost than lost and found."

Resha
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I actually hold to "what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger" :p it helps when there seems to be no other consolation.

"Honesty is the best policy" is quite :skull::skull::skull::skull:e though; no it's not. Not always.

blackmage_nuke
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
A stitch in time saves nine

oddler
08-27-2007, 11:12 PM
"Honesty is the best policy" is quite :skull::skull::skull::skull:e though; no it's not. Not always.

Eh... I don't know. I think it is. :(

A penny saved is a penny earned just doesn't make much sense to me.

Aurey
08-27-2007, 11:34 PM
I consider them all crap.

Vermachtnis
08-27-2007, 11:42 PM
"If everyone else was jumping off a bridge, would you?"

First of all, that is usually a huge leap from whatever you was really talking about. EG: "Everyone else has this T-Shirt." "Well, if everyone was jumping off a bridge, would you?"
That's just stupid.

Second of all, yea I would jump! If everyone else was doing it and it looks fun, I'll do it!

Rengori
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
"If everyone else was jumping off a bridge, would you?"

Seconded. Besides, if everyone else is jumping off a bridge, either "everyone" joined a cult or there's like a giant trampoline on the bottom, so either way it's fun.

Tavrobel
08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Every time someone says "whatever doesn't kill you..." I just respond with Cancer.

Along with poisonous herbs, war veterans, strong Acids, strong Bases, and Chemotherapy.

StarlightAngel
08-28-2007, 12:15 AM
To the jumping off the bridge one, my usual reply is something to the effect of, "No, which is why I'm not. If you were listening, I was talking about buying a(n) *insert object here*, not following some morons off of a bridge."

=X Most sayings like that are crazy.

Fonzie
08-28-2007, 12:29 AM
"It really does depend how big the bridge is."

Evastio
08-28-2007, 02:40 AM
"Let's cross the bridge when we get there" is one of those sayings I don't believe in. People should always plan ahead to save time and to make things more conveinient.

Rengori
08-28-2007, 03:38 AM
"Let's cross the bridge when we get there" is one of those sayings I don't believe in. People should always plan ahead to save time and to make things more conveinient.

I absolutely despise planning things out.

Lawr
08-28-2007, 03:41 AM
A penny saved is a penny earned.

Vermachtnis
08-28-2007, 03:43 AM

I absolutely despise planning things out.

Me too! I say, "Let's cross that bridge when we get to it," all the time. :D

Fonzie
08-28-2007, 03:45 AM
"I'm not creative and I love Roogle."

I just don't get it.

Comet
08-28-2007, 04:06 AM
'You're barking up the wrong tree.'

#1. I am not barking.

#2. What tree?

And why, why would I ever do that?

Vincent, Thunder God
08-28-2007, 05:13 AM

The thing is that "crossing a bridge when you get to it" at works very well for some and terribly for others.

Whenever I plan ahead, I personally become swamped with the possible negative eventualities and prefer to just confine myself to the present, since I've also had a dark past. I plan when necessary, but I'd rather not think about, say, university/college until I make that decision.

Why confine myself to a set course when I only have predetermined views to base it on?

HOWEVER if planning works well for you, just stick with it.

I'm just saying that for some, crossing bridges when you come to them works well.

Every time someone says "whatever doesn't kill you..." I just respond with Cancer.

Along with poisonous herbs, war veterans, strong Acids, strong Bases, and Chemotherapy.

Well said. I agree completely.

Eiko Guy
08-28-2007, 05:43 AM
"You won't be happy until it's broke"

Well if I enjoy playing with it so much why would breaking i make me happy.

[take out "it" and insert ____'s penis for lawls]

Hambone
08-28-2007, 06:32 AM
"If it's not broke, don't fix it."

I just don't like how it sounds. :(

Rase
08-28-2007, 07:09 AM
"Now that you're in the real world..."

I keep hearing this from people in college and often wonder where I was before now. Was there some fake world I wasn't aware of? Did I miss a memo?