PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X/ Twilight Princess in 4 days: LIVE

tidus_rox
08-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Hello EoFFers and thank you for tunning in.
Cody and Jesse have officially started attempting to complete Final Fantasy X and The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess in 4 days time.

This thread will keep track of the progress of the two boys, seeing how well they are doing, how tired they are, and how much of the two games they have completed. Check every hour or so for another update! Just to make it more interesting, we are asking all viewers to make predictions; will the boys make it, or will they have wasted 4 waking days of their lives? Also, giving advice, cheering on, or simply making a coment is recommended.

The countdown begins. Will they make it?.....

Markus. D
08-28-2007, 06:38 AM
n_____________n~

I'll bring zeh energy drink, and comfy pillows for when you guys give up.

Lawr
08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Don't be a fool marshall!

tidus_rox
08-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Alright guys, we've officially started we'll be updating this forum every hour. We started at 1 on Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. And we've just completed the first light spirit. We will begin FFX come nightfall. Again, we'll be updating this forum every hour or so from now on.

Skyblade
08-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you going for a full completion? All heart pieces, chests, bugs, special moves, completing the cave of trials twice, etc? And, for FFX, all Legendary Weapons, monster captures, and such? Or is this pure speed?

Tavrobel
08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
The cutscenes alone would murder the both of them. The majority of them cannot be skipped.

Hazzard
08-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Are you going for a full completion? All heart pieces, chests, bugs, special moves, completing the cave of trials twice, etc? And, for FFX, all Legendary Weapons, monster captures, and such? Or is this pure speed?

I'm pretty much guessing their going to stride through the story only, but you'll eventually have to level up a little to beat certain bosses.

Freya
08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
The mere story of FFX is not that long, I don't know about twilight Princess though but surely FFX can be brought down.

Formalhaut
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
OMG this is cool. Can't wait to see them do it good luck!

*Gets bags od energy drinks, gets a comfy bed and tease them with it*

Captain Maxx Power
08-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Four days between two people? Pft, that doesn't impress me. Me and my two other friends are planning on completing ALL of the main series FF's between us (baring FF11 of coursE) in one sitting/24 hours.

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Well; my internet is back up so here is an update!

After the first spirit was finished, we headed for the forest temple. After about an hour, we finished it, boomerang in hand. :) As we watched the Diababa sink into the mirky water, our next stop was Kakakriko Village. Reaching the town, dinner was ready.

At about 6:OOpm, we put in Final Fantasy X for the first time. For whatever reason, I leveled up in the water, next to the Al Bhed ship. (I didn't know that Piranah's dropped ability spheres!!!) As of now, we are watching Lulu rip into Wakka about bringing Tidus to Besaid. "That's it, ENOUGH Wakka!" :tongue:

Edit: We fought our first Garuda ;)

Update!

As of now, it is 10:00pm. We have finished 4 hours of Final Fantasy X and have reached Lord Ochu in Kilika Forest. Now we plan to continue our Twilight Princess file. We don't know if the playing-each-game-for-four-hours has become a new trend, however as of now, it seems that way!

Thanks for your responses. Predictions? Comments? Discuss...

Edit: For all the questions out there: we are planning on getting everything in Twilight Princess, however everything in Final Fantasy X in only 96 hours? Simply impossible. 3 days 15 hours

Proxy
08-29-2007, 04:58 AM
LOL I can beat 10 in probably less than 48 hours. Maybe push 24 hours

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 05:07 AM
12:00am. We have been on Zelda for just a few minutes over 2 hours. As I type, my friend is almost completed the Goron mines. I think I will take a two or so hours nap soon, let my friend go solitaire, and have him wake me up in a few hours so I can play. I think things are looking good so far. 3 days, 13 hours remaining.

Formalhaut
08-29-2007, 05:17 AM
keep it up!

*Gives the duo energy drinks and pillows*

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Update: I am dead tired. lol. It is 1:30. My friend finished the Goron mines and is about to rescue the last light spirit. However right now, we are playing Final Fantasy X. Currently, we are defeating Sinspawn Geneaux (sp?) I think I will lay down for a cat nap...

3 days, 11 1/2 hours remaining.

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Update!

Its almost 4:30 now I have just passed the sleeping baton to my friend. I am planning to stay awake until 6:00 then wake him up. While I was sleeping, he completed all of Luca. I move on to Mi'ihen Highroad.

3 days 8 1/2 hours remaining...

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
6:00 am here, and I am still playing, Jesse still sleeping ;) Again, I have been working on Final Fantasy X. I stat grinded (for the last time) just before the Chocobo eater. I needed Fira to knock him off the cliff. I succeeded in a short time, and claimed my prize. I think I'm going to go wake him up now, I need to add some time to my 2 hours of sleep :D

3 days 7 hours remaining...

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Well I guess I am too into the game to wake him up. It is 7:30 now and he has just woken up. I have been awake since 4:00! So I get 2 hours and he gets 3 and a half!? Oh well, I am making him play Final Fantasy X right now, we are on the Djose Highroad. (Beat Gui with flying colours.)

So far we have 10 hours on X and about 8 hours on Twilight Princess. Not even a full day in yet. Man I need some sleep. I think I will sneek in a couple of hours soon. :) If I don't post in a couple hours its beause I'm resting!!! :)

3 days, 5 1/2 hours remaining.

The Mog Ninja
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Good work guys.

I finished Fable 8 times in 4 days, getting at least 8 hours of sleep per day. :)

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 03:44 PM
10:30. We have not taken Final Fantasy X out of the PS2 since 1:30, I think. I wanted to use my PS3, however we decided against it. Anyways, right now We are in the Thunder Plains at about 12 1/2 hours. We are going to start playing Twilight Princess just before dinner, we think. Jesse will be on his own for a couple of hours: I have a doctors appointment at 1. I really do think that we are making extremly good progress!

3 days, 2 1/2 hours left. ;)

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Alrighty. So now it is 1:00pm and guess what!? We have officially finished one day of gaming! We are 1/4 done! Both of us are not tired, we are ready to start the second day. Any minute now I will be heading off to the doctors, he will be heading to his house, then I will arrive in a couple of hours.

We have been playing Zelda since the last update. We are only a few minutes away from Lake Bed Temple - at 8 1/2 hours (Jesse says that he is usually just out of the forest temple by then!) Alright, time for my check up ;)

3 days left!!! :D:D

Hazzard
08-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Good luck, gamers, you're doing well so far.

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Good luck, gamers, you're doing well so far.

Thanks Hazzard, however I guess my doctors appointment is at 2:00, not 1:00. So the next update is going to be pretty far from now.

ReloadPsi
08-29-2007, 06:59 PM
I wish all my friends didn't suck at video games; I've been wanting to do an FF7-in-one-sitting session with one of them. Looks like you're having fun. FUN WITH MY JEALOUSY! *boohoos*

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
4:00 - Turns out I am completely fine and the doctor's visit was futile. So is living in the past, just to let you know. Anyways, we are now In Macalania with 16 hours in Final Fantasy X. We are going to play Zelda sometime in the afternoon, no later than evening.

2 days 21 hours....

Renmiri
08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Rikku's costumizing FTW!

tidus_rox
08-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Rikku's costumizing FTW!

Agreed.

It is now 6:00pm and we have been playing Twilight Princess for about and hour and a half. Maybe two. Anyways, we are now in Lakebed Temple with around 10 hours on the file. I am really tired, and sometimes I wished I accepted that comfy bed you guys teased me with :(

lol 2 days 19 hours...

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Sorry about the hold up, I have been sleeping and forgetting to post. ;)

Anyways, its 10:00pm now and we are playing Final Fantasy X. However we did get out of the Lakebed temple in Zelda. Poor Midna.
We have 'killed' Seymour and are now facing the Wendigo. Killed Kimahri in one hit XD. Wish us luck as we apraoch our second night!!!

2 days 15 hours...

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Argh... Jesse has had it. It is 12:30 and he's in bed. I am guessing that I will be awake until at least 3:00. He is complaining that he wants a full night of rest. Suck it up! I'm not that tired. Anyways, we realized that we are ahead of schedual so we are stat grinding the Sanubia Desert (or should I say that I am stat grinding :D) We plan on beating Final Fantasy X by tomorrow, anytime.

Wish me luck, as I will probably be staying up the majority of the night...:tongue:

2 days 12 1/2 hours....

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
2:30 and I need a rest. Time to wake Jesse up. From my last update, I have been playing Final Fantasy X only. I am currently on the airship, waiting to go to Bevelle. Tired as crap becuase if you look back, I only got 3-4 hours of sleep last night.

I feel really bad about waking him up... Oh, well I got to do it right? He has no problem doing it to me... :D

2 days 10 1/2 hours...

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Ugh... 4:30 in the morning. I slept from 2:45 - 4:00. I am still trying to find the fairness in our sleeping cycle... Anyways, X is still up and running with 22 1/2 hours. We are currently at the Via Purifico.

2 days 8 1/2 hours...

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 11:10 AM
6:00am. I knew this would happen! I have got one bloody hour of sleep, while he has gotten at least 4! Oh well, w/e, this game rules! That's right, still playing Final Fantasy X. I am stat grinding at Bevell, right before you fight Seymour. Having lots fun!! But tired...

2 days 7 hours...

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow. Okay well for the past 5 hours or so, I have either been resting or playing, not remembering to post. Sorry, guys! Anyways it is 11:30 and we are still playing Final Fantasy X. I think we might just go to the end and then finish off Twilight Princess. Right now, Jesse is murdering a Grendle in the Zanarkand Ruins!!! :) 2 days, 1 1/2 hours.

tidus_rox
08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Ok so its 2:30pm and we are still playing Final Fantasy X. I have been playing most of the time. Right now, we are wathcing Yuna and Tidus talk right before the Overdrive Sin battle. We are so close to seeing the final scene!! "Yunie, Guys come look, something is happening to Sin!!" Oh, good ol' Rikku! Any ways, once we are done this (another hour or two) we are going to continue our Twilight Princess file. We are not that far into that game at all... :D

1 day 22 1/2 hours....

Khaotic
08-30-2007, 09:53 PM
This should actually be _live_ as in, webcam on the tv 24/7 so we can watch your progress.

Bolivar
08-30-2007, 10:42 PM
wow, good luck guys, keep it up! not that long to go, right?

Psi - FFVII in one sitting? Damn...

edit:

Four days between two people? Pft, that doesn't impress me. Me and my two other friends are planning on completing ALL of the main series FF's between us (baring FF11 of coursE) in one sitting/24 hours.

i think this is impossible. how would you plan on doing this?

Dragonsoul
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Good luck! This is a good idea! I want to beat FF X again, it was so legendary. :)

Gah! I want to buy a Wii now and get some of the top games for it, specifically Zelda: TP, after Christmas maybe. Or should I beat old Ps 1 and PS 2 rpg's I never beaten, we'll see.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-31-2007, 12:54 AM
oo man the suspense is killing me

tidus_rox
08-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Ok well sorry about the hold up in the updates, we are just so busy playing! Right now it is 10:30 at night. We are in Sin in Final Fantasy X and guess what? We have attempted the last boss twice, and failed miserably. I thought I had it the second time, I really did!!!

We just put in Twilight Princess for the first time in hours.

1 day 14 1/2 hours....

Edit: The whole flippin' time my friend plays Zelda he's all like "LOOK! This is an important part! COOOOODY, LOOK! LOOK! LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!" :D But he's cool anyways. Just a little too obsessed with Zelda. :D

tidus_rox
08-31-2007, 05:04 AM
12:00am. For the past hour and a half, Jesse has taken control. He has been ripping through Arbiter Grounds (only took him an hour) and is now doing... something. He doesn't even seem to know :confused: . He thinks that he is going for a piece of heart. I might take a little nap, so if you hear nothing for a couple hours - that's why.

1 day 13 hours...

Proxy
08-31-2007, 05:47 AM
Wow. good progress! Keep it up guys! Getting past Jecht is the hard part.
Yu-Yevon battle you can't die. It's great.
You're gonna make the X deadline, but TP isn't looking good. I wish you luck though!

tidus_rox
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah,Well, its been 12 hours since I have posted, Jesse let me sleep the night!!! :D I cant see how he sayed up the WHOLE night... Must have drank alot of Orange Crush. Anyways, he is still playing Twilight Princess and he is just about to enter the snowpoint temple. I am not going to sleep for a while now, so expect constant updates...

1 day 1 hour....

tidus_rox
08-31-2007, 06:10 PM
1:00.

We are still playing Zelda, obviously. Right now we are in the Snowpeak temple, and he is just about to beat the boss. Not much to say, I am on MSN, if y ou want to add me, my email is cody-v-rag @hotmail.com lolllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And I'm hyper because I am talking to people figuring out who is in my class, first year of Highschool baby! But in Canada, Highschool starts at grade 9 (I think its different in the states?)

lol 1 day left....

tidus_rox
08-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Arggg! We messed up BIG TIME is the Temple of Time. We started over, wasting an hour or so. Right now, we are almost complete it. Nothing else to say, really.

21 1/2 hours left.

Renmiri
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Awww.. Does the little shadow fairy survive ?

tidus_rox
09-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Awww.. Does the little shadow fairy survive ?

Wii (lol that's like a little riddle of my own. See if you can get it, its pretty easy lol.;)

Any ways, it is 7:30 now and we are worried that the timing is going to be extremly close. We are currently in the City in the Sky. We're like half way done, something like that. Jesse left for a little bit to get his mom a card ;) What a thoughtfull boy!

16 hours...

tidus_rox
09-01-2007, 01:42 AM
8:30 and we think that we can definetly do it!!! :D:D We are out of the City in the Sky and curently stand in the Temple of Twilight. We skipped ALOT of side quests, but hey, side quests are really part of beating a game. Um... after he beats the two final bosses, we are heading over to Final Fantasy X again, trying to beat Braska's Final Aeon. (Curse him!!!) In the mean time, I am letting Jesse play while I watch me Anime!! ;)

Fatal Impurity
09-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Keep going man!

tidus_rox
09-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Well, just to build suspense, I will post the final outcome at 12:00pm tomorrow, an hour before we should be finished. This will show whether or not we will succeed by 1:00pm that day. For now, predict if you think we will finish or not...

?? hours left..................................

Proxy
09-01-2007, 05:44 AM
FFX: Yes
TP: Gonna be close.
Good job none-the-less guys. You make gamers everywhere proud.

Hazzard
09-01-2007, 02:21 PM
You guys are crazy, tireless and mad...I respect that.

I think you'll complete FFX, Twilight, I'm unsure on.

tidus_rox
09-01-2007, 05:16 PM
This is not just a spoiler as to what happened in our little challenge, it also contains game spoilers. Beware! And be ready to find out what happened!!!!!! I should suggest that you higlight it one sentence at a time... It might be better. Thanks!
Twilight Princess. It didn't look good. At 8:30 I said that we could definatly do it, however after we left The City in the Sky, our confidence faded. Many hours of gethering pieces of heart, armor and howling stone lay ahead of us. I scanned through the guide, trying to find anything that we could fly past. All of it. Skip all of it. That would be tough, Ganondorf is no thin twig to snap. We needed those pieces of heart, however with Jesse's mad Zelda skills mixed with my... anime watching, I thougt we could do it... maybe. At about 10:00 we went to face Zant. Easy fight. We knew that we could do that... He was no problem. Nowfor Ganon. Heading for the Hyrule Castle, we began to really doubt ourselves. Come on, we can do it! I hope... Watching the suspenseful cut scene, we took on Zelda, rendering her asunder. Finaly, after the other cut scene, Ganon emerged. With ease of course Jesse defeated him, losing only four hearts, naturally. Deep sighs... Ganondorf. Zelda knocked her light arrows and aimed dead on. Actually, her aiming wasn't the greatest but whatever. We had one more fairy, and used it... We used a techneque that we read about in Nintendo Power - show Ganondorf your fishing rod. We quickly stopped doing so, we found it too cheap (it makes Ganondorf temporarily stunned, giving you a chance to strike him)

Yes, as Ganondorf fell to the ground, we watched Link stab him through the heart. We watched Midna turn back to her former self, and we watched as she shattered the Twilight Mirrior, never to return. A powerful ending, yes. Funny thing is, we finished the game at midnight, dead on.

Final Fantasy X: Sure, we only had the last boss to defeat, however that alone could take us the remainder of the night. Jesse unplugged the Wii and quickly substituted the PS2 in its place. I approached the fallen... thing and touched the Glyph. Time for the third attemp at Braska's Final Aeon. 70,000 health on the second form. Sword attack. Ultimate Jecht Shot. Dead. Wow., if only Auron was at full health. He only died by 5 HP!!! 6 more HP and he would have been fine!!! The odds?

Fourth attempt. We stand at 1:00am. After aquiring all the weapons from those crystal ball things, I decided to make them the best weapons possible. I customized Auron's to have counter attack... and that's it, really. One more try, come on! Another one of those "I hate you, dad" scene's... How many times have I seen that now? Anyways, I breeze through the first form, using a few Mega and X Potions. The second form was a little more tricky. The guide said to use Aeons at about 30,000, however I decide to risk it. At around 55,000 HP I Grand Summoned Bahamut. taking away 22,000 HP, the Yu Pangondas (sp?) healed 3,000 of it. He attacked. Healed. Attacked. Healed. Attacked. Attacked. 39,000 left. Oh, man. Bahamut was almost dead, but had another overdrive. Mega Flare. This wasn't looking good. When Bahamut was done with him his health stood at around 17,000 but after the healing, around 23,000. Ifrit. 13,000. Shiva. 3,000. One more hit for me, but one more hit from the boss and I was toast. He had his overdrive which means automatic kill. If this hit didn't work it was round 5. Auron stood alone. The lone wolf. Ready to attack, poisoned but decent health. My heart pounding, I decided against the Mega-Pheonix and pressed X with the cursor over Attack.

A screen of Pyrefiles.

We did it.

demondude
09-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Dramatic.

tidus_rox
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Dramatic.

Yeah I tryed to make it as dramatic as I could. It felt that way as we finished, though.

Renmiri
09-01-2007, 07:44 PM
:pinkelephant: yay! You go TR!!! :pinkelephant:

Fatal Impurity
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Nice dude you deserve applause!

Hazzard
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
That was filled with suspense at the end.

Now, I think we've all came to the conclusion that Auron is the best gaming character in the world, thank you.

Proxy
09-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Great job! I was surprised that you finished TP before X, to be perfectly honest.
Still, I'm fairly impressed with this whole thing. Good job guys.
I request an encore! Another gaming weekend with 2 new games!

Hazzard
09-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Great job! I was surprised that you finished TP before X, to be perfectly honest.

First. They need rest.

Sephex
09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I've been kind of following this. Good job.

tidus_rox
09-02-2007, 02:29 AM

First. They need rest.

My goodness, yes!! But to Proxy... that might happen...maybe :tongue:

yanis
09-02-2007, 02:50 AM
So, you're finished?:hyper: I didn't read the spoilers:riiight:

Luigidudeman
09-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Yes, we are. We did it. By the way I am that friend... Jesse :) WOO.

The one Tidus_rox says has mad Zelda, skills!:cool:

I guess I'm good but I don't think I have mad Zelda skills:eek:

Well, anyways I just wanted to let you know that I am that friend.

tidus_rox
09-02-2007, 05:28 AM
I guess I'm good but I don't think I have mad Zelda skills:eek:

Oh hey Jess and Yanny! Anyways, yes, yes you do :tongue:

Laddy
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM
YAY! Good job, I might be crazy enough to try something similair.

scrumpleberry
09-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Well done guys, you deserve a prize.

:cookie:
:cookie::cookie:
:cookie::cookie::cookie:
:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

Proxy
09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
YAY! Good job, I might be crazy enough to try something similair.

I'm pretty tempted myself. Gotta find a good game to use too.

tidus_rox
09-03-2007, 01:54 AM
lol today, the day after this whole thing is done, I slept in until 2 :D

Bolivar
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM

I can't think of anything more appropriate than Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII, for multiple reasons.

Great job, that last post was suspenseful as hell, especially since I remember what a pain the final boss was in X!

Hopefully you guys got your deserved sleep, question: did you enjoy the games?

Proxy
09-04-2007, 01:24 AM

I can't think of anything more appropriate than Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII, for multiple reasons.

Great job, that last post was suspenseful as hell, especially since I remember what a pain the final boss was in X!

Hopefully you guys got your deserved sleep, question: did you enjoy the games?

Ooo in 4 days? Eep. They would have to have 2 TV's going at the same time if they wanted to do that.