PDA

View Full Version : My Brother Thought I Said, "End Zone"

The Ceej
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm very good at Final Fantasy games and usually kick ass even toward the end. I actually refer to myself (in a half-joking manner) as a Final Fantasy god. However, this is the first time I've played Final Fantasy V and I don't know what to expect in the N-Zone.

I've done everything storywise that needs done. I'm technically ready to go in. My party is at 35 with Reina at 34. Being as good as I am at Final Fantasy, how important is it that I master the jobs that my strategy guide tells me is an absolute must? Also, how important is it that I collect full stock on the items said strategy guide also says is an absolute must. I keep the strategy guide, though I don't put too much faith in it, because on many occasions, I know better than it does and my way is often far superior than its way.

However, I don't really know what to expect in the N-Zone, so if I can have an idea before I head in. In the mean time, I guess I'll just collect money and ABP.

I haven't had much trouble with the game thus far, so if it's not much harder than it has been, I can just go right on in...unless I really need those jobs mastered.

Ciretho
08-28-2007, 04:30 AM
Well, before I went in I made sure that I was at least level 50 and had mastered most of the job classes. Make sure the master the important ones like ninja, hunter, mages etc. If you've done these then you have absolutely no problem tackling the N-zone at all, It's basically a run through

qwertysaur
08-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Did you get Leviathen, Bahamut, Pheonix and Meteor?

The Ceej
08-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Yes, I got those. I'm saving it and going in. I save on eight files, so inside, I'll only save on four. That way, if I can't do it, I'll start outside. Or maybe I can teleport out. Whatever way works for me.

EDIT: I just beat Azulmagia (I hope I spelled that right). It's getting late, so I saved and I'm going to bed. I'll pick it up again in a couple of days. It's been easy, but draining. I can't believe I've already used half of my full stock of ethers. Yeah. Ethers were the one item of which I actually did take the time to get a full stock. I'm glad I did that.

Captain Maxx Power
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I hope you've bought some Elixirs from the Phantom Village into the bargain. Really a lot of the bosses within The Void, like most other bosses in the game, will have some unique quirk that makes them easy to kill. Unfortunately the only way to know these is through intense experimentation or reading up in guides. Here are a few general rules of thumb;

- If you're not planning on heading back out then abuse GilToss like it's going out of fashion
- Run/Flee/Smoke from any random encounters if possible to save your HP/MP resources
- The last section made of crystal has a lot of high AP enemies. If you have a supply of cottages then use the last save point as a "base" and use up all of your cabins. Have everyone master Summoner at least to level 5 first to get Bahamut usable on different classes, and then keep using that. Movers especially, if killed quickly enough, give heaps of AP. If you master only one class, make it the Archer/Ranger

ReloadPsi
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Thought you said "End Zone"? Heh, in Clayfighter the finaly opponent was called "N. Boss".

The Ceej
08-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah. There's a sports bar here called The End Zone. When I told him I was going to the N-Zone now, he wanted to come because he thought was was talking about the sports bar. I don't have as many elixirs as I would like, but I can survive. I came up with a strategy for the end boss while I was sleeping and it includes a lot of $Tossing, Flaring, and Bahamut casting. I hope I can get time today to finish it because I'm at that point in the game where I can only think about finishing it. I'm even dreaming about it. I wanted to finish it last night, but it was too late and I was too tired.

08-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I don't know why you ask. You're not stuck once you go in, so if you start having trouble with the random enemies or if you can't get past a boss, just leave and power up some more.

eestlinc
08-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Exdeath is kinda tough unless you use GilToss, and some of the bosses are tough if you don't know the secrets. otherwise, it's more of a long grind than anything else.

Oh, and don't open the treasure chest in the crystal area at the bottom of the long stairway unless you have saved recently.

The Ceej
08-29-2007, 06:32 AM
X-Death was such a bastard. You take some kind of satisfaction in taking such a big bastard down. Yeah. Time to send out the Emails.