PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 5 Eyecandy

Germ Hamee
08-29-2007, 06:35 AM
So, pretty much everyone should check out these scans (http://silenthill5.net/2007/08/28/silent-hill-v-egm-scans.html) from EGM on Silent Hill 5 and talk about how fucking awesome it looks.

That first scan terrifies me. Uh. Which appendages exactly is it going to try and kill me with? I can only imagine what kind of noises it's going to make.

Necronopticous
08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
If the Collective pull off a worthwhile installment to the Silent Hill series, it will be that moment that I know in my heart that anything in this world is possible.

Yamaneko
08-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Get rid of the tank controls and I'll be happy. SH has needed a slightly revised gameplay direction since 3.

Germ Hamee
08-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Get rid of the tank controls and I'll be happy. SH has needed a slightly revised gameplay direction since 3.

Since the first one, even. :\ I love the series, I really do, but playing them is a whole different story. Half the time the only reason I would get scared is because of something the guy they interviewed mentioned -- I was having difficulty seeing/controlling the character. You get used to it after awhile, but they're still a pain to play.

Proxy
08-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Less talky, more pictures.

Not enough of actual game-play.
Looks good though.

Ichimonji
08-30-2007, 09:46 AM
I can't wait for some gameplay videos. I have high hopes for SH5.

kikimm
08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I actually don't mind the gameplay. :erm: Maybe I even...like it.

I can't wait for this to come out. Why can't it be out now? I don't know if I'm going to make it. The scans look so good, and I'm so so so glad that it's going to be stand alone, like SH2. Even though I already knew that, yeah. :so excited:

But I'm not going to get so excited that I'll kill myself if it ends up being :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Levian
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Psht, I like the gameplay. I don't need Silent Hill to be just another shooter. I'd like them to keep focus on scariness, atmosphere and riddles. Their gameplay comes secondary to all this for me. I think their gameplay has been just fine ever since SH2 :p The first one was a bit clumsy. I'm thrilled to see SH5 in production! :D Can't wait!