PDA

View Full Version : Wii WiFi Connection Range

Proxy
08-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Anyone use the USB WiFi connection for thier Wii that knows the range of it? I can't find it, and sales-persons don't know themselves.
Just wondering if anyone here does. Thanks =)

Ichimonji
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Nintendo's Customer Care Agents are useless. Never call them. The troubleshooting FAQ on the website is actually much more informative.

The range for the Wi-Fi I would say about twenty-to-thirty feet tops for a clear connection. Also, remember that your firewall has to be off, and things like cell phones can disrupt the connection. (Although, my cell hasn't disturbed it yet. It's probably just a precaution.)

Proxy
08-31-2007, 05:35 AM
oh balls.
My PC is in my basement. my wii is in my room. this sucks. =(
Thanks anyway =D

Momiji
09-01-2007, 04:02 AM
My Wii is on the second floor of my house, and my computer is in the basement. It works just fine. :D

Proxy
09-01-2007, 04:19 AM
My Wii is on the second floor of my house, and my computer is in the basement. It works just fine. :D

How tall are your ceilings? Mine are I think 8 or 9 feet.

Momiji
09-05-2007, 03:06 AM

How tall are your ceilings? Mine are I think 8 or 9 feet.

Um...I don't think that should be an issue. It's (absolutely guessing here) around 45 feet from my computer to my Wii (like, if you extended a line from my computer, through the floors to my Wii...)

Proxy
09-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Eh, it's only $45. Might as well, what have I got to lose? I can always sell it to a friend if it doesn't work.
Thanks PP, I appreciate it.

Momiji
09-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Eh, it's only $45. Might as well, what have I got to lose? I can always sell it to a friend if it doesn't work.
Thanks PP, I appreciate it.

Oh my, I didn't mean the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector. I never got mine to work. I'm probably going to sell it. But since I got wireless internet access in my house I can connect on my Wii with that.

Proxy
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh! Ok good. Jesus. I gotta find out if that USB WiFi will work or not. Cause I have a crapload of points to use up. Plus I'd like to add anyone here who has a Wii as a friend, or whatever it is lol :)