PDA

View Full Version : GODDAMN HIPPIES!

Rengori
08-30-2007, 06:30 AM
This thread is about hippies. Do you like hippies, do you know any hippies, do you have any stories about hippies, are you a hippie, etc?

My sister is kind of a hippie. When I we were helping my her move out of her house in Boulder, there was a hippie bus on the other side of the street giving out free food. I went on but I probably should have seen that they were only giving out vegetables. I probably should have also seen the food poisoning coming too. :eep:

rubah
08-30-2007, 06:32 AM
I kinda am a hippie.

I Took the Red Pill
08-30-2007, 06:34 AM
They need haircuts, but their music and substance use is gr8.

Nominus Experse
08-30-2007, 06:37 AM
I am a hippie at heart.

It's hard not be though, as the town I live in has two very diverse sects of people:

Conservative Christians that enjoy hamburgers, rodeos, and their gas-guzzling pick-ups
Liberal, green hippies that continue to party and wear dreads and beards.

Seeing as I loathe the former, I am left with the other choice.

I don't take on the look of the hippie in any form - other than long hair perhaps - but my heart and attitude most definitely lies with them.

James Leopold
08-30-2007, 06:54 AM
I'd have to say that I love hippies.

eestlinc
08-30-2007, 09:00 AM
My sister is kind of a hippie. When I we were helping my her move out of her house in Boulder...

1. Boulder. Say no more.

2. You have a lot of pronouns in there.

3. Why did she move? Her "kind of" hippiness couldn't hack it in Boulder?

Rengori
08-30-2007, 09:02 AM
3. Why did she move? Her "kind of" hippiness couldn't hack it in Boulder?

No, she finished college and wanted to try California.

eestlinc
08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
yea. real hippies don't finish college.

Rengori
08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
yea. real hippies don't finish college.

Not even Liberal Arts?

eestlinc
08-30-2007, 09:12 AM
<a href=http://www.reed.edu/>maybe here</a>

I'm actually going to be in Boulder in a couple weeks.

Seattle hs a lot of hippies too. They are mostly harmless.

Lawr
08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Hippies are cool. Especially the ones in King of the Hill.

Roto13
08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Ugh. I want to leave Vancouver because it's full of idiot hippies.

Miriel
08-30-2007, 09:39 AM
I was once unable to make a left turn in Berkeley because hippies were going trippy in the middle of the street. Damn hippies.

Roto13
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I was once unable to cross the street for a half an hour because a bunch of dumbass hippies were having a bicycle protest. I'm a pedestrian, why do I have to suffer because they want to inconvenience everyone with a car? Funny how they always protest downhill and during the summer. I'll start taking them seriously when they do it uphill in February. Maybe. If they're not still acting like idiots with too much free time.

demondude
08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I met a cult of self proclaimed hippies when I was young they gave me candy and offered to take me to the disco.

A very unpleasent night by any standards.

Resha
08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I like hippies :p I like their music, I idolise one or two hippie has-beens and then those that OD'd on their heroin and junk. But I don't think I'm very much a hippie myself.

Breine
08-30-2007, 10:47 AM
I guess I'm kind of a hippie. All my friends and family call me one.. Even random people have been known to do it. But, it's probably because I have long hair and is known to be a left-winger when it comes to politics.

Flower Power! :thumb:

Madame Adequate
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Despite my appearance and liberal attitude to things, I detest hippies with a fiery and deep-rooted vengeance. You know how the straight-laced conservative Christian 'Nam-supporting right wing was in the 60's? That's pretty much my feeling towards them.

Damned hippies.

Peegee
08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
You can't "own" property, man.

God I hate hippies. Plague on society they are.

bipper
08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I lick GOEDAMNED HIPPIES! They are a lot like mystery flavor. you never know what you are gonna get.

Serapy
08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
It's a good thing to be a hippie because if I was a hippie, I won't get influenced easily if people makes fun of me, my race or culture.

I really don't know if I'm the one or not because I'm the the opposite of general society

The Unknown Guru
08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Hippies RULE. I wish I was born in 1949, becuase I would be in college during the heyday of the hippies. My friend looks kind of like a hippie/emo mix, but he acts more hippie than emo. My dad was going to hang around outside a Wilco concert, but he walked by a hippie. The hippie said, "Dude, need a ticket? 20 bucks." The tickets were around $50. My dad says, "How about $15?" "That's cool, bro."

Renmiri
08-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Hippies said a lot of things that were right, like environmental and peace stuff. But their drug abuse kind of did them in.

They were too naive I think. Their philosophy wasn't a match for real evil guys and their own inner demons.

XxSephirothxX
08-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Hippies are great because they were part of a new wave of social liberalism and their music is good stuff. Also, Eric Cartman's everlasting hatred of hippies provides me endless joy.

Levian
08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I like the word hippie, but that's pretty much it.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-30-2007, 10:58 PM
I prefer hippoes

Avarice-ness
08-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I didn't realize it was okay to have "GODDAMN HIPPIES!" being a thread title.

I'll take note of that as of now.
And no, I have no hippie stories.

Rengori
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I didn't realize it was okay to have "GODDAMN HIPPIES!" being a thread title.

It's not like it's bypassing the swear filter or anything, like Chuck<B></B> Norris and Yosh<B></B>itaka Amano can do.

mooglebunni608
08-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I am a hippie, sort of. I don't wear shoes much and I go to hippie conventions and I'm getting dreads soon. :)

And since I go to a hippie convention every year I know many many hippies <3

Radje
08-31-2007, 12:09 AM
I like hippies :p I like their music, I idolise one or two hippie has-beens and then those that OD'd on their heroin and junk. But I don't think I'm very much a hippie myself.

You idolise people who topped themselves due to excessive drug usage?

Not sure what to make of that.:holmes:

Captain Maxx Power
08-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I met a hippy once...he's dead now. Nothing to do with me or my fist or a brick or a river or a sledgehammer, and certainly nothing to do with a wrecking ball I happened to come across. Under no circumstances did it have nothing to do with a scimitar, a plank, some cannonballs, or sharks.