PDA

View Full Version : Emerald and Ruby - do I have a chance?

Jarvio
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
My Cloud is on level 88.
My Cid is on level 83.
My Yuffie is on level 83.
My Red XIII is on level 79.
My Tifa is on level 78.
My Barret is on level 77.
My Vincent is on level 76.
My Cait Sith is on level 74.

I have every possible limit break and every character's ultimate weapon.

I have every possible summon.

I have mime. I have counter.

HOWEVER....

I do not have final attack materia.
I do not have W-Summon.

Therefore, do I have a chance of beating emerald and ruby without these two things, at the stage I'm at now? Or would you advise I got these things first?

Thanks in advance.

aquatius
08-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Get 99 Hero drinks for ruby and spam limit breaks for emerald.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM
yeh just hero drinks for barret, use ungarmax, and mime repeatedly

ReloadPsi
08-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Or Cait Sith's "Game Over" Limit Break, which instantly kills any boss. If you're insanely lucky that is. Magic Counter-Full Cure tends to buy you enough time to get the slots right, but it'll take many attempts.

W-Summon isn't utterly necessary, it just makes the job a bit quicker is all, and Knights Of The Round will need to be at least level 4 (so you can summon it up to eight times). Here's a strategical spoiler if you don't mind knowing how much HP it has; I personally don't like to look this stuff up before defeating a boss for the first time. Emerald's got 800,000 HP, Ruby's got a million. I have no idea how much HP Emerald's eyes and Ruby's tentacles have though.

Ruby's a lot easier than Emerald because in the end it's usually fighting more or less alone: The tentacles go down quite easily whenever it decides to summon them as opposed to Emerald's eye things... and Aire Tam Storm = yikes!

*No you morons, "Game Over" IS the one where you automatically win. The one that kills your party is called "Death Joker". I'm not having this conversation again, go look for the damn video on YouTube.

BG-57
08-30-2007, 07:37 PM
You can easily survive Air Taire Storm by equipping as little materia as possible. Say you had two per character, it would only do 2222 points of damage.

Final Attack=Revive is a nice backup for Ruby, but hardly required.

The Ceej
08-30-2007, 07:44 PM
If you don't have the Underwater Materia, you should get it before fighting Emerald. Unless, of course, you think you can do it in under 20 minutes.

Goldenboko
08-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Pair HP Absorb with KoTR and use mime. Battle over.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Try and master your KOTR for Ruby. If it's not mastered then whoop Emerald (easier) and upgrade it. The number of stars your KOTR has is the number of times you get to use it on Ruby, for every mime materia you effectively own a duplicate KOTR. You only need to cast KOTR 6 or 7 times to defeat Ruby

Goldenboko
08-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Try and master your KOTR for Ruby. If it's not mastered then whoop Emerald (easier) and upgrade it. The number of stars your KOTR has is the number of times you get to use it on Ruby, for every mime materia you effectively own a duplicate KOTR. You only need to cast KOTR 6 or 7 times to defeat Ruby

Unneeded. Mime copies your last action, so you use KoTR once, mime it for the rest of the battle.
The action will work out like this.

KoTR
Mime (Mime's action before this)-> (Action before was) KoTR:Uses KoTR
Mime (Mime's action before this)-> (Action before was) Mime (Mime's action before this)-> (Action before was) KoTR: Uses KoTR
Mime (Mime's action before this)-> (Action before was) Mime (Mime's action before this)-> (Action before was) Mime (Mime's action before this)-> (Action before was)-> KoTR: uses KoTR.

And the it continues as such a mime getting added to the beginning of the equation for each time you use mime, therefore you don't even need to master KoTR just use your mime.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-30-2007, 10:08 PM
True. *slaps forehead*

But it's good to get as many stars as you can incase you're in dire need of health. Tentacles can do up to 8000 HP damage

Goldenboko
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
True. *slaps forehead*

But it's good to get as many stars as you can incase you're in dire need of health. Tentacles can do up to 8000 HP damage

Again, no. HP Absorb will always heal 9999 when paired with KoTR (its just so much damage in one hit), I was level 55 (or something like that), with only one star and it did.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah ok. But if the MP-draining tentacle strikes straight after

ReloadPsi
08-30-2007, 10:49 PM
You can kill Ruby Weapon with 4x-Cut and several Hero Drinks. Having a bit of heal-related Materia helps, as does combining Time or Choco/Mog with Added Effect on your weapon; when attacking four times you're damn near guaranteed to paralyse the bastard. Hero Drinks are just there in case you're very impatient and wanna kill it quicker. Now just keep hacking away. Easy.

So the Materia setup looks something like this:

Weapon (any): Added Effect-Choco/Mog , Restore
Armour (Mystile): Don't need any more Materia unless you want Final Attack-Revive which you say you haven't got anyway

Make sure you're packing lots of Turbo Ethers, which are easily obtained from various enemies in the Northern Cave.

Goldenboko
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah ok. But if the MP-draining tentacle strikes straight after

Mime doesn't require MP.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
But the original summoner does

Goldenboko
08-30-2007, 11:02 PM
But the original summoner does

Chances are you can get the original summon (Again I got the summon in the first try and I was level 55 which= slow)if you don't a simple soft reset until you get it will fix that.

Seal Evil
08-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Where can you get Hero drinks? I believe you can't buy them anywhere.

leader of mortals
08-31-2007, 01:02 AM
chocobo racing and w-item glitch

Jarvio
08-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the advice all, I will give it a try.

What is this W-Item glitch you speak of?

And what exactly do Hero drinks do? This has always confused me.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2007, 01:37 AM
The W-Item glitch allows you to clone an item out of thin air. You must have atleast two of the item you want to duplicate. Select it once (with a target) via W-Item, select it again but cancel before selecting a target. Everytime you repeat the second-select/cancel you clone the second item

I think Hero drinks raise your stats most notably Atk (not permanently). A very useful item to have 99 of

Super Sepiroth
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
My method to beat Emerald, and it should work for ruby too (i'll do it in steps)

1) Master Final Attack, KOTR (2), Phoenix/Life (3) (and mime if it requires it, i forget lol)

2) Underwater will be needed because KOTR takes aaaaages to sort itself out

3) Equip Cloud with KOTR=HP Absorb KOTR=MP Absorb Final Attack=Phoenix/Life

Equip the other two with Mime and Final Attack=Phoenix/Life

So when you go into battle KOTR their arses and Cloud will be instantly replenished, Mime, and your other two characters will be replenished too so you can stay almost constantly in full health and MP

BTW- did anyone notice if you equip Counter or Final Attack to Master Summon it will choose a summon at random? lol

Mongotha
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I just mimed KOTR with W-Summon again and again for Emerald. He went down before he even got to attack. As for Ruby, I went in with only Cloud alive and let him attack me until he ran out of Skill points (I think it said, basically MP) then I went to town on him with Omnislash and mimed it. Took about a half hour.

Jarvio
09-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone

I managed to beat Emerald!

I just used KOTR with HP Absorb and just kept miming it and eventually killed it.

So I'm glad I've finally beat it!

However, I'm still having problems with Ruby...

Cerealki11er666
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
All strategies mentioned beforehand work great, but it is possible to beat them without all that. I was able to beat Emerald and Ruby without having any of the special materia such as KOTR or Mime or anything along those lines. I just went insane using Cloud, Yuffie, and Cid and just kept hacking away using their best mulit-attack limit breaks. I was lucky and was able to defeat him with 3 seconds left on the timer. I didn't have Underwater materia either.

Darth Tjador
09-08-2007, 08:13 PM
wow thats cool i had underwater mateira though o did u steal from ruby?

Cerealki11er666
09-09-2007, 02:05 AM
wow thats cool i had underwater mateira though o did u steal from ruby?

No I didn't steal from Ruby. As far as I know you can only get Yuffie's Rising Sun weapon right? So I didn't feel a need to get it.