PDA

View Full Version : ?

demondude
08-30-2007, 01:08 PM
If kingdom hearts 3 took a more mature view on things and got rid of the disney characters would it still be succesfull.

Or would it be better with more disney characers and less final fantasy characters so the age limit is lowered again?

Personally I think its fine as it is but I wouldnt mind if maybe they discarded characters like winnie the pooh.

So give us your opinion if you had to make the choice more mature or less mature? :)

Raebus
08-30-2007, 01:16 PM
More mature please.

For two reasons, if the age rating went up then sensible parents wouldn't buy it for young people who are too young to get it themselves, which means less kids playing it and becoming utter fanboys and coming onto forums to post.

The second reason, it would be interesting to see it go a new direction. =]

Fonzie
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
The Disney part never really bothered me. It's just a game.

Oh yeah, inb4bolivarrocksguns/RPGsargument/lockthread.

Formalhaut
08-30-2007, 01:50 PM
This ties in directly to your other thread Demon. Id say so, everyones all its sooo babyish so lets SHOCK them. The trailer for KHIII is looking more mature anyways.

demondude
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
This ties in directly to your other thread Demon. Id say so, everyones all its sooo babyish so lets SHOCK them. The trailer for KHIII is looking more mature anyways.

Not really this one is asking wether people would prefer it mature or immature the other one is asking wether they think its immature or not.

BIIIIIIIIIIG difference. :)

Fynn
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
"Mature" is a strange term to define a game...

Anyway, Disney characters don't have to make the story less mature. :rolleyes2

Raebus
08-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, you can still have a serious theme like death in one part of the game and then helping winnie the pooh find his honey right after it, which of course takes none of the serious-ness away. I SHALL AGREE WITH FYN.

demondude
08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah i see your point there but that was just a quick example. :)

bipper
08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I like the cheesiness of the Disney characters. Sure, several little modifications could make the job more geared toward a genre it never was geared to in the first place. I do think it has a certain low grade charm to it.

hplvr
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
i would like a Mature KH.....

Marshall Banana
08-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Kingdom Hearts just needs more Atlantica.

Hazzard
08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Kingdom Hearts just needs more Atlantica.

No, it needs much - much less!

SeeDRankLou
08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
You are assuming that in order to make the game more mature you need to get rid of the Disney characters, which is simply not the case. The always found that the Disney characters merely balanced out the rather dark and depressing themes of these games, so it's mature just not suicidal.

And I agree, more Atlantica sing-a-longs are all the game needs. To reach it's height of maturity it needs but be a 50-hour Atlantica sing-a-long. :tongue:

The Unknown Guru
08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
It's mature enough as it is. However, as the characters mature, the games probably will as well. The Disney characters are fine, and they're what make the games so unique. They could probably do without Pooh, but whatever.

mooglebunni608
08-31-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't think they should change it at all. The entire reason I enjoy Kingdom Hearts is because it has the plot of a Final Fantasy but with enough light, happy feeling that I don't have to get too depressed by the end.

LunarWeaver
08-31-2007, 02:42 AM
I think it's fine the way it is. The nostalgia of Disney movies and characters is exactly what drew me to it in the first place. I grew up with these movies, man! I don't want them taken out. And I could care less if the game is rated E instead of T or M as long as I enjoy it.

Versus XIII will most likely just be Kingdom Hearts without the Disney characters if that's what really bugs you.

Firo Volondé
08-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Yeah, you can still have a serious theme like death in one part of the game and then helping winnie the pooh find his honey right after it, which of course takes none of the serious-ness away. I SHALL AGREE WITH FYN.

It's spelt 'hunny' :rolleyes2

Raebus
08-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Sorry, I forgot about that one rule where one mispelling renders a post useless, my post shall have to live with the immense and epic shame of knowing it spelt a word wrong. OH NOES.

demondude
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Sorry, I forgot about that one rule where one mispelling renders a post useless, my post shall have to live with the immense and epic shame of knowing it spelt a word wrong. OH NOES.

Yes feel ashamed fool!

Hazzard
08-31-2007, 01:42 PM
I think it's fine the way it is. The nostalgia of Disney movies and characters is exactly what drew me to it in the first place. I grew up with these movies, man! I don't want them taken out. And I could care less if the game is rated E instead of T or M as long as I enjoy it.

Versus XIII will most likely just be Kingdom Hearts without the Disney characters if that's what really bugs you.

QFT - Also, I can imagine Versus XIII being very dark, indeed, and a more solo driven story, centralized solely on the main character.

Formalhaut
08-31-2007, 04:21 PM
We don't really have to worry much about it being immature, As the Main Characters would have grown up by then, making them EVEN more mature.

Sora would be bout 16 or 17 by the next game. SAme with Kairi.
And Riku would be 17 or 18. It can be safe to say that these ages are in the "mature" range. The trailer looks great (Knight gets stoned... literlly)
And no, don't warn me about saying that word, did not know how to put it.

The trailer looks great and I can't wait to see the Knights motive (Where was the Female knight?)

demondude
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Is sora definetly kingdom hearts 3's main character I think it would be interesting if they had a new one might be quite cool if they did. :)

Psychotic
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Kingdom Hearts just needs more Atlantica.I'm glad someone else can appreciate video game genius when they see it.

Eiko Guy
09-01-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm one of the few that genuinely likes atlantica.

Yah I like my KH the way it is. I'm cool with if they lose a few words and give disney characters a higher IQ. But otherwise I rather it stay the same.

Formalhaut
09-01-2007, 09:11 AM
I like Atlantica too!

Clawsze
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
If there is another Atlantica, I will go CRAZY!!!!(Or even more so)

KH1 Atlantica wasn't too bad, the music and the swimming killed it.
KH2 however....kill me now, that sucked, all that for a Keyblade, Blizzaga and Orchilium+, AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Hazzard
09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
lol, OK, why is everyone "Alantica" crazy now? I thought you guys would hate it, I guess it wasn't that bad, the whole music festival was relaxing and entertaining, I even sang to the highest notes on that "Under the Sea" song.