PDA

View Full Version : Most enjoyable leveling system in FF!

Hazzard
08-30-2007, 09:12 PM
So, which system in FF did you find the most rewarding, enjoyable and pleasurable after leveling. Which one's did you find tedious, and which were fun.

I would say X is the most interesting one to keep a gamer leveling, IX is the most rewarding, and VIII is the more tedious system with leveling, seeing as it isn't vital to do so.

Fynn
08-30-2007, 09:25 PM
X's was the easiest for me adn XII's the most tedious (still love the game, though)...

Flying Mullet
08-30-2007, 09:32 PM
II's is the most tedious for me.

08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
I think the best was IX. That's because there was so much you could work for at once. Gaining levels, gaining abilities, killing dragons for dragon crest, stealing for thievery, and waiting for frogs to regenerate all at once. It's nice to know you're accomplishing all that at once, it's more fulfilling.

And of course II is the worst for tons of reasons.

Bolivar
08-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I thought II's was great if you know what you're doing.

To me the most enjoyable was a tie between IX and X. X you're looking right at the sphere grid and want to get that next sphere. IX you're always gaining new abilities, and always reconsidering your strategy on how to customize your character within his/her job class(es).

I thought Tactics was tedious as I basically tried to get every ability for a job in one battle when leveling-up outside of the story.

ReloadPsi
08-30-2007, 11:09 PM
So, which system in FF did you find the most rewarding, enjoyable and pleasurable after leveling. Which one's did you find tedious, and which were fun.

I would say X is the most interesting one to keep a gamer leveling, IX is the most rewarding, and VIII is the more tedious system with leveling, seeing as it isn't vital to do so.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Kinda. FF8 can be extremely monotonous when gaining abilities, spells or just plain ol' levels.

PeneloRatsbane
08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
XII i find has the best battleing, i grew very bored of battling in the others very quickly, but i find that its more fun (once u get the hang of it) in XII

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2007, 01:43 AM
They're all tedious

50calCerberus
08-31-2007, 01:49 AM
those all make sense...i would have to agree with hazzard though

Rengori
08-31-2007, 04:36 AM
FFVIII's leveling system was pretty straightforward, Junctioning is what took a while to get used to. X had the most tedious.

cloud21zidane16
09-01-2007, 03:28 AM
I think the best was IX. That's because there was so much you could work for at once. Gaining levels, gaining abilities, killing dragons for dragon crest, stealing for thievery, and waiting for frogs to regenerate all at once. It's nice to know you're accomplishing all that at once, it's more fulfilling.

And of course II is the worst for tons of reasons.

Thats what i was thinking:) i also think VII s is nice and simple.

DarkLadyNyara
09-02-2007, 05:31 AM
FFII's was easily my favorite, though V and XII also have fun ones. I wasn't too fond of the one in VIII.

Slothy
09-02-2007, 01:14 PM
FFX was certainly the most interesting at first, though with it's total linearity the novelty of being able to "choose" your abilities wore off until they actually let you choose. As such, I enjoyed FFXII the most. I rarely went out specifically to level grind (and when I did it was to get money, not experience), and I got through the game without much trouble, and was able to pick exactly the abilities I wanted to go for from the start. The most tedious for me would be FF's I-III. I just find the battles themselves boring after more than 10 minutes of play to be honest, so eventually I can't take it anymore.

Serapy
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
If one FF game has VERY hard (or at least hardest) bosses which is almost impossible to beat, then that will be the main point which makes the leveling system more awesome. You will get motivated easily because of the hard bosses, it makes you think of your best strategy, the spells make you more exicted too... everything else.

Or that's at least what I think. I mean if one FF game has easy bosses and has a great battle or leveling system then it will be boring.

Anyway, I pick X because exactly what I said, it has the hardest bosses.

Cookie
09-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I enjoyed X-2 the most for battling and leveling. The earlier games are most annoying for that type of thing, at the beginning it's just so boring.

Hazzard
09-02-2007, 11:39 PM
X does have difficult fiends and bosses when you think about it.
I'm on my third playthrough, and I've just remembered how annoying they can be to defeat, as well. It has quite a lot of tactical thinking involved, and I like that aspect.

ValiantKnight
09-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I, IV, and IX seemed the most enjoyable so far.
X was pretty good as well, just different.
XII is a little boring at times for me.
VIII.. see above mentioned faults from other posters.

Yuffie514
10-21-2007, 08:36 AM
for the less time consumption in the battefield, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (of all i've played). this doesn't include beefing up the characters or customizing their attributes however, etc.

Peter_20
10-21-2007, 09:37 AM
I actually like the level-up system in FF2 for the NES; too bad it got extremely unbalanced after the Warship.

If the entire game was as enjoyable as it was before the Warship, it would hands down be my favourite NES title.
I love the first few hours of this game.

Renmiri
10-21-2007, 05:37 PM
XII. Gambits rule!!!

X-2 and XII battle systems are pretty slick and enjoyable too

Hazzard
10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
I actually like the level-up system in FF2 for the NES; too bad it got extremely unbalanced after the Warship.

If the entire game was as enjoyale as it was before the Warship, it would hands down be my favourite NES title.
I love the first few hours of this game.

That's one of the reasons why I couldn't succumb to completing the game...:rolleyes2

Hyperion4444
10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
FFVIII was the best in my opinion.
You never really need to Level Up.
You got Island Closest to Heaven/Hell to lvl up easy and fast.
You only need 9999 expt to lvl up, and not continously growing amout of expt required of near impossible to reach higher levels of training that takes too much time and is boring.

blackmage_nuke
10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
X was rather fun as you could gain sphere levels for a long time and not bother to level up and just go up about 50 levels at once then your completely awesome.

But i found all the leveling sytems to be enjoyable except maybe X-2, that was abit too standard given the complexities of the previous games.

ReloadPsi
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
You only need 9999 expt to lvl up, and not continously growing amout of expt required of near impossible to reach higher levels of training that takes too much time and is boring.

It's 1000; but yes, FF8 was awesome... especially if you overleveled and found that the Dollet Mission was yielding 'ara level spells.

Hyperion4444
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM

It's 1000; but yes, FF8 was awesome... especially if you overleveled and found that the Dollet Mission was yielding 'ara level spells.

You sure it's 1000?
Cause I think that's just the first few levels.
Anyway...
Didn't understood what that last 3rd and 4rth word you said.??

Peter_20
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
This might be slightly off-topic, but the Monster Arena in FF10 kicked a lot of ass.

leader of mortals
10-23-2007, 01:44 PM

You sure it's 1000?
Cause I think that's just the first few levels.
Anyway...
Didn't understood what that last 3rd and 4rth word you said.??

ara is fira, blizzara, and thundara

and it is 1000 for the entire game

Hazzard
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
This might be slightly off-topic, but the Monster Arena in FF10 kicked a lot of ass.

I found it to be one of the most boringness and time consuming parts of the game...:rolleyes2

Peter_20
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM

I found it to be one of the most boringness and time consuming parts of the game...:rolleyes2Are you serious?! :eek:
That place made maxing out your characters so much easier!
I tend to spend 30 hours in there without moving, because you've got all you need there. :D

Now actually collecting the monsters, THAT was boring.

rubah
10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
really the only thing I hated was having to level up to learn magic. So dumb.

boys from the dwarf
10-26-2007, 07:30 PM
In final fantasy VII, even if you dont do many sidequests, as long as you dont run from battles, you wont be underlevelled and the game wont be piss easy either.

depending on materia set ups you can either be experienced or inexperienced and enjoy the game either way because basic understandings all you need for fun, and advanced stuff makes you feel pretty cool too.

KoTR pretty much ruins the main story and omnislash too, to some extent. its good to get them on a second playthrough or by leaving northern crater after proving yourself once. because it feels good beating the game without things that aren't neccasary.

Its always a great quality in a game if your never actually forced to level grind or get secrets. but you of course may at your own leisure.