PDA

View Full Version : DS adaptor for Wii?

Arthurdent_78
08-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Does anyone know if such a thing does or will exist? I know Nintendo released a GBA adaptor for Game Cube, so logic would follow that they would do the same for the next gen systems too.
The reason I'm asking is because FF4 is my fav game ever, but I saved and saved to buy a Wii and will certainly not be able to buy a DS for a long time. Yet, I just might consider forgoing food for a couple weeks if no such thing will come to exist, simply to have the experience of seeing FF4 in 3D.
BTW, does anyone know if any FF titles will be coming to the Wii?

I was also thinking that the Wiimote could substitute for the stylus. What do any current DS owners think, would that be playable? I suppose it also depends on how much FF4 would rely on the touch screen aspect.

Please do not post more than once in a row. Use the edit/delete button instead. ~ Leeza

Crossblades
08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
BTW, does anyone know if any FF titles will be coming to the Wii?

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:The Crystal Bearers and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon will be released sometime next year for the Wii. And currently there are no adaptors to play DS games on the Wii

Creeping Shadow
01-08-2008, 12:56 AM
The idea sounds a little farfetched but then again nintendo has pulled off some crazy things before. I dont know about a ds adaptor theyll most likely make a gba adabtor before a ds one. But they might make games like the legend of zelda four swords adventures where you use the ds and the wii together wirelessly, only time can tell.

Roto13
01-08-2008, 01:13 AM
It'll never happen. The Wiimote just doesn't have the same accuracy for pointing and jabbing as a stylus. Not to mention the awkward shape the screen would have.

Shoeberto
01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
About the only thing on this front that Nintendo has announced yet has been the Wii's eventual ability to stream DS demos as a DS download station. There's been nothing really mentioned as far as a DS player.

It'd be pretty complicated to do, really, since the DS has two screens, which wouldn't fit very well on to a standard television screen without significant resizing that would make it hard to play.

XxSephirothxX
01-08-2008, 01:24 AM
I would say "Probably not" is the safest and most accurate answer you can get at this point. If you're super desperate and don't have the money, there's always emulation, though I have no idea how the DS emulation scene is doing, if it exists at all, but some research on your part could answer that question.

o_O
01-08-2008, 01:36 AM
The DS emulation scene is alive and kicking. ;)

Another scene that is alive and kicking is the DS homebrew scene. I don't know much about it, but you might be able to play DS ROMS off of the DS storage or expansion memory (whichever it has :p). It would be cool if you could emulate a DS on your DS.