PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat II or Street Fighter II?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Which fighting game do you like better Mortal Kombat II or Street Fighter II?

Dragonsoul
08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
I prefer Street Fighter 2(Turbo of course) but Mortal Kombat 2 may be my 2nd favorite fighting game.

Mortal Kombat has the ultimate character and level design and ultimate theme, plus ultimate moves and fatalities, but the actual hitting of people doesnt' seem as good as the Street Fighter 2 Turbo stuff, which in the long run is more important to me.

I used to do the cheat on Street Fighter 2 Turbo to get maximum turbo, then I'd set it on maximum difficulty. I'd fight M. Bison with Ken, Ryu, Guile, or Dhalism. I had practiced so much I could beat him with perfects frequently. Gah, my skill was pretty high in that game, I was playing on the Zsnes emulator by the way, I just press a key to reload the stage! :)

ReloadPsi
08-30-2007, 11:51 PM
MKII is my favourite MK game besides Armageddon, but I still prefer SFII. Hadouken!

Roto13
08-30-2007, 11:57 PM
SF II by FAR

Markus. D
08-31-2007, 12:06 AM
I am a massive fan of the MK world.

But gosh, SFII for the sake of gameplay!

Rase
08-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Street Fighter II.

After doing my first bunch of college homework it was nice to have an easy question to answer.

Proxy
08-31-2007, 06:34 AM
LOL MK2 sux.
Seriously, SF2 has like, everything you could want in a fighting game.

JKTrix
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Talk about an uneven matchup.

Bolivar
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Street Fighter II is quite obviously the better game but Mortal Kombat II is much higher on my list of favorite games.

It's just the memories to me that leave a much sharper image. Also I feel the art design with MKII is alot better, they did a great job at creating a dark atmosphere and I was real happy that Shaolin Monks was a retelling of that story.

Just the memory of being a kid and the first time you uppercut someone into The Pit. lol..."OMG I JUST UPPERCUTTED HIM INTO THE PIT!!! THIS IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!! OMG, THE CHAIN RAISED HIM! HIS FLESH MELTED OFF!!! WOOOH! HE's ALL SKELETON!!! OMG!!!"

It was the 90's, man. Street Fighter doesn't have anything on that.

Dreddz
08-31-2007, 05:15 PM
The fact that this question exists horrifies me. Mortal Kombat is only worth playing for a few cheap thrills and to see people decapitated( which means less these days with what other games are showing ). The fighting engine is flawed as hell and just doesnt stack up to Street Fighters slick fighting engine which still holds up today.

And you may as well give Mortal Kombat a chance and pick MK III instead of MK II.

Mythra
09-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Definitely Street Fighter 2. Way better fighting system and just a better game imo. Plus that crazy move with the sumo guy that made me win about 10 straight matches against one of my friends, good times, good times.