PDA

View Full Version : Oh GOD that was so embarassing.

Radje
08-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Have you ever been humiliated in a game by someone else either playing against or alongside you in it (online games of any sort.) Or someone sitting beside you offering advice or trying to help you on a single player game. Or beating you in a multiplayer game?

Are there any particular occasions that stick out as the most embarrassing moment you have had whilst playing a game?

My personal experience was when my Mother, who had never played a video game before let along Final Fantasy managed to beat the Materia Keeper in FF7 first try using 2 of my weakest party members (whom she thought were cute.) when I had tried countless times and had given up. She still uses that against me when I make fun of her for sucking at tetris and such.

Captain Maxx Power
08-31-2007, 12:55 AM
In my defense for the following anecdote I rarely play sports games;

I often try and talk my dad into playing computer games. Call me crazy but I'd appreciate my 'rents learning more about what I'm planning on spending the rest of my life doing. Anyways, I talked him into playing Tiger Woods '05 on the PS2. With my extensive PS2 controller expertise I thought it would be a doddle. To speed things up we did a nine hole course. We matched each other almost par for par. Anyways, we get to the fourth hole. I take my shot, managed to remain on the fairway. My dad takes his shot. It flies through the air...further....further...bounces...further...hole-in-one. I mean what the frig? Complete beginners luck.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2007, 01:29 AM
Not really. I've been trounced in certain multiplayers but I always had some sort of decent reason for it

Odaisé Gaelach
08-31-2007, 01:54 AM
I had been playing Rome: Total War for a year and a half. I introduced a friend of mine to it when we hooked our computers together and played over the LAN.

I explained the basic controls to him and we started. He never played Rome: Total War before, so how he managed to trounce me five battles in a row I'll never figure out...

Rase
09-01-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't remember specifics, but I've made several terrible mistakes in my day while playing Call of Duty online. Killing myself by cooking a nade when I'm the last left in Retrieval is one that pops in my head.

I typically don't get embarrassed by playing games though, only occasionally if I do a really dumb thing while playing online. When I do it with friends I just laugh.

ReloadPsi
09-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't count losing to campers in any FPS match as humiliating, nor do I consider being forced to play one I can't control, so... One time I heard someone else whine about how he'd been humiliated in some DBZ Budokai game by someone who kept playing as the end boss or something. After the rant was nearly concluded and he seemed to be looking for me to agree with him, I responded "Dude... it was a DBZ game."

Another guy I knew lost a round of Donkey Konga to one of his friends who, rather than patting the bongos with his hands, was tapping them against his face.

EDIT: Yes, one of my own experiences: Many, many misfires and mistakes in various Worms games that screwed me.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I was playing Mario Party (3 or 4) at my friend's house in middle school. I was Princess Peach. I had won a mini-game and exclaimed: "Who's the woman? I'm the woman!" The thing is, I am a guy. x-x;;;;

Darkja
09-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I was on a BF1942 Pub server with a bunch of clanmates just having fun.. had about 65 kills in my Bf109, 2 deaths. Got really bored and started flying upside down and barrel rolling to resupply.. lagged out for about 5 seconds on a pass and was kicked for team killing when I came to. Friend said I crashed into the runway and TK'd about four of our guys including an admin.. hahaha. :(
Didn't make me feel stupid though.. just hilariously unfortunate.
/

Renmiri
09-01-2007, 07:55 PM
My little girl was the one who tamed the horse on Zelda Twilight Princess. I just couldn't do it.

I feel so old!!!! :(

Shauna
09-01-2007, 08:06 PM
This didn't happen to me, but my sister, but it was embarassing for her. :D

So, it was New Year, and we were at my gran's for New Year's Dinner. We brought over the PS2 and a few games - one of them being Dragonball Z: Budokai 2 or 3. Anyway, my sister prides herself on being able to kick most of my family's ass on this game. But, that one time, my younger cousin, Jade - aged 7 or 8 at the time - decided she'd play. The first and second time my sister and my cousin played, my sister was going easy on her - and my cousin beating her wasn't such a shock. BUT the third time, my sister went all out - trying her best, pulling super moves and everything.
My cousin won. And she was just randomly mashing buttons. My sister, who is awesome at the game, was beaten by a 7 year old who's never played this game before in her life. It was so funny.