PDA

View Full Version : An unwanted guest.

qwertysaur
08-31-2007, 12:56 AM
So I was sitting in the common room in my dorm when a bat flew out from behind the curtain. It turns out that some bats moved into the hall over the summer.

Do any of you have unwanted guests where you live?

JackNapier
08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Where I live it isn't uncommon to have bears roaming the front yard, or any other animal for that matter. That's what I get for living in a forest. :(

The Unknown Guru
08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
My sister comes to mind.

Also, I've got a giant infestation of huge, inch-and-a-half diameter spiders living just under my floor. I wage an eternal war with them. As long as they're in the open, I win. However, they're the really fast kind, so they usually see a tissure coming. I've gotta hit them with a flyswatter if I want to take them out, but that needs some open space. They thrive in the tiny space between my dresser and my wall becuase I can't touch them there.

Rengori
08-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Just some ants every once in a while.

Markus. D
08-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Just the occasional Ant mob. :]

Araciel
08-31-2007, 05:15 AM
dust mites. i know they're unavoidable...but they're so gross to think about!!

bipper
08-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Moths and flys. I live in a good size house, but the bugs seem to break in whenever you open the door. Nothing outside of normal for the winter months.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Flies and mice are definitely not welcome. We get moths aswell but apart from all their incessant fluttering we can live reasonably well together

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
We thought there was a pigeon stuck in our chimney once. Turned out it was some newspapers from 1920-something.

Peegee
08-31-2007, 01:40 PM
This thread reminds me that I had a dream about cockroaches last night. WTF I dunno :(

Resha
08-31-2007, 01:46 PM
This thread reminds me that I had a dream about cockroaches last night. WTF I dunno :(
Are you alright? :-(

Well, no. I moved to a new house and it's SO awesome but I've been here for more than a year and there haven't been ANY cockroaches. This is like heaven...

Breine
08-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, sometimes I have heard a mouse running around inside the walls..

Psychotic
08-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Over the past week, a group of moths have taken it upon themselves to invade my home because I foolishly left a window open at night.

As of today, the outcome of the war:
One moth was punched whilst flying, and had water thrown at it. Current status unknown.
Three moths squished.
One moth still at large, last seen in the bathroom.

EDIT: Bathroom moth found and destroyed.

Meat Puppet
09-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I once had a beehive in my house. It was ugh. Their main port was a small hole outside one of the windows in my room. Every day, they would come in and out of that hole until dark. Then I couldn’t have the lights on, because they would come into my room, and bang against the light until they died. Sometimes they would land on me, which was particularly scary (I am kind of allergic!). I got stung 2 or 3 times during the time there. I remember their first day they... they were all outside my house for hours. Like this big black cloud. I couldn’t even go out! I wanted the day to be over, and for them to be gone. How pissed I was that they moved in! I did get hire the service of an exterminator, who pretty much did :skull::skull::skull::skull: all. It eventually came down to me moving out of the house. :-\ Not that they made me move. I already had plans!

Rengori
09-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I just found out the ants figured out how to get into the dog food. I also figured out they bite. A lot.

Faris
09-01-2007, 12:26 AM
ANTS :mad2:

They're fucking everywhere. During the winter, near spring time, there is at least 5 ants in the bathroom every morning. There's only a few seen throughout the rest of the year. However, yesterday at work, while we were sweeping the floors, guess what was under one of the cabinets? LOTS OF LITTLE ANTS! We killed all of them.

oddler
09-01-2007, 12:29 AM
There's this spider that chills in my bathroom from time to time. Every time I go to get something to kill it with, it disappears. Next time, I think I might just bare-heel it. :-/

Croyles
09-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Mosquitos... I hate the bastards.

Christmas
04-11-2022, 04:22 AM
A filthy overweight elderly man who claims he is Santa visited my house last Christmas and refused to leave. :(

He has since built a nest in my toilet and infested the place with his odour. :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-11-2022, 04:52 AM
He was trying to discern whether you've been naughty or nice.

It's unclear :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2022, 04:23 PM
A filthy overweight elderly man who claims he is Santa visited my house last Christmas and refused to leave. :(

He has since built a nest in my toilet and infested the place with his odour. :(

Mate, I pay rent, stop complaining.