PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up and Materia

Goldenboko
08-31-2007, 01:38 AM
I have a brief question. I read that when leveling up with materia causes your stats to rise differently. Example with a materia that has HP+2% your HP will rise 2% more.

I was never totally sure if thats how it works, can someone answer this for me.

silentenigma
08-31-2007, 01:54 AM
the materia that you equip changes your current stats, but it does not affect how the character levels up. it's all temporary.

Bolivar
08-31-2007, 03:00 AM
the materia that you equip changes your current stats, but it does not affect how the character levels up. it's all temporary.

yeah i'm pretty sure it just effects your current stats, not level ups. woulda been cool if it did though! Better tell 'em before the remake...lol

Captain Maxx Power
08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
All stat growth, including HP, MP and the base stats are all pre-determined by a set of stat growth tables. The bonuses gained on levelling up are semi-random, so in the event of levelling up whilst having a certain materia equipped, the amount gained to your stats may be seen as being effect, when in reality you just happened to get a bad roll. Note also that having the materia equipped will give the illusion that your stats level up differently because of the bonuses/penalty they confer.