PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some good PC games

Mythra
08-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Just got a new PC and I've been searching for some games to play. I'm in to some RTS games (Warcraft III and Starcraft mainly), FPS are usually good. I've heard some things about Warhammer (the RTS one, not the new MMOG one). But yeah, if anyone could recommend some good games for the PC, I would greatly appreciate it.

Markus. D
08-31-2007, 02:44 AM
Guild Wars: Prophecies/Factions/Nightfall.

All very different that can suit various tastes :]...

It only costs to buy an account (heck, you don't even have to buy the disk, you can download the client from the site).

Rostum
08-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Depending on your computer specs, you should try out Bioshock (unless you have, or can get it on Xbox360).

Tomb Raider Anniversary is pretty good, recently got that and have been having some fun on it.

Grim Fandango is bloody awesome, but you probably don't want to fiddle around to get it running on Windows XP or Vista.

If you like adventure games, try out the Myst series (Riven and Revelations being my favourite). You can get them cheap, and I think you can get all five in one pack now. If you like those, you should really try out Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor.

By the way, is there any news on when Starcraft 2 is going to be released?

Captain Maxx Power
09-01-2007, 01:43 AM
System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Fallout 1/2, Diablo 2:LOD; these will keep you happy for pretty much the rest of your natural life.

Fatal Impurity
09-01-2007, 01:53 AM
You cant go much wrong with FEAR or Farcry if you like shooter's! As for RTS go with the Command and Conquer series it's the bomb.

P.S. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is also a brilliant RTS.

Kanshisha
09-01-2007, 02:50 AM
CS? Swat 4? I enjoy these 2 games FPS's are sooo much fun!

Madame Adequate
09-01-2007, 02:50 AM
RTSes: Dawn of War 40k is one of the best, freshest RTS games in years. You really should get it. Expansions too. Command & Conquer 3 is a great iteration in the series, and you won't be unhappy with it. Total War games combine both TBS and RTS, and although they're pretty easy they're a lot of fun. Supreme Commander has a lot of merit, but isn't quite as revolutionary as was hoped in the first place. Company of Heroes is shockingly good. World in Conflict seems like it will be good as well, but I'm not aware of the system specs and they could be considerable.

FPS: Do you want one-player or multiplayer? Multiplayer go for something like CSS or a Battlefield game. Single player go for Bioshock, Half-Life 2, or an X-Box 360. :p

Also: What Captain Maxx Power said.

Rostum
09-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I can't believe we forgot to mention...

BAULDERS GATE 2!

Oh, and The Sims is pretty fun. :)

MecaKane
09-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Morrowind and Oblivion! :love:

fantasyjunkie
09-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Morrowind and Oblivion! :love:

MecaKane is a genius! :)

Dreddz
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Half Life.

demondude
09-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I can't believe we forgot to mention...

BAULDERS GATE 2!

Oh, and The Sims is pretty fun. :)

Fuck yes!

Odaisé Gaelach
09-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Just got a new PC and I've been searching for some games to play. I'm in to some RTS games (Warcraft III and Starcraft mainly), FPS are usually good. I've heard some things about Warhammer (the RTS one, not the new MMOG one). But yeah, if anyone could recommend some good games for the PC, I would greatly appreciate it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (a great but buggy game from Ukraine's finest game deveopers)
Duke Nukem 3D
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (:love: - but beware the system specs)
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall
Half-Life (series)
Unreal Tournament (series - '99 still rocks my socks baby!)

Mythra
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
According to gamefaqs.com Starcraft 2 should be released next year in October. But you know Blizzard, it will be released when its done. I have Bioshock for the 360 (great freakin' game btw). I think I"ll have to re-buy Half Life 2 when the orange box comes out, due to the fact that I can't remember the password to my Steam account and the emails its set to was an old one that we don't have anymore. I've definitely been thinking about trying out Oblivion, and when the game of the year edition comes out, that would be a good way to get into I think, but I tried it out once before and it started out really slow imo. So is the rest of the game like that or just that particular part? Definitely gonna get Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War when I get the money. Thanks for all the great recommendations.

Old Manus
09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Age of Empires II

Disco Potato
09-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I liked Neverwinter Nights (first one, haven't tried the second) :jess:

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Civilization IV FTW.

McLovin'
09-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Command and Conquer is an awesome RTS.

If you want just one game forever and die from addiction then WoW is for you!

Laddy
09-02-2007, 04:50 AM
[quote=Omecle]Oh . I can't believe we forgot to mention...

BAULDERS GATE 2!/quote]

Hell Yes!

Meat Puppet
09-02-2007, 05:14 AM
I recommend the sequel to Sentinel, which is: Sentinel Returns.
With over 650 levels, I’m sure it’ll keep you occupied. You won’t regret it! Unless you don’t like it, in which case you probably will regret it. Many people regret it.

escobert
09-02-2007, 06:57 AM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (a great but buggy game from Ukraine's finest game deveopers)

Yes, stalker was awesome. The warhammer dawn of war games are fun, I have the game and both expansions. let's see. Battlefeild 2 is a fun FPS, and of course I have to say Guild Wars since it's my favorite game.

Skyblade
09-02-2007, 07:21 AM
If your computer can run it, Evil Genius rocks. Unfortunately, its compatability only went up to Windows Service Pack 2, I think. Haven't tried it in Vista yet.

Montoya
09-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Age of Empires II